3,093 results
All reviewswater parkindoor waterparkmason jarshuttle servicetimeshare ownersbedroom deluxepigeon forgefull kitchensmoky mountainwasher dryerlazy riverspring breakfamily vacationtrolley stopconciergecabinaccommodations
Reviewed September 5, 2012

As an owner since 1992, I feel that I have an excellent reason to comment on the Westgate properties.
Originally we annually took a large group, mothers-In-law, four grandchildren, on vacation and had to rent a minimum of two motel rooms. We went on a tour of Westgate Villas in order to get free tickets to Disney. We purchased there and was treated like royalty though we only purchase a small unit, two BR and loft. Our whole family loved it. Since, we have upgrade several times and have moved to Westgate Smokey Mountains.

We have had very few complaints regarding our stays at any of the Westgate properties. Any that we did have were corrected immediately upon calling the resort services involved. I have never entered a unit that was unclean.

We consider our investment very good and timely and would recommend Westgate properties to anyone traveling annually with a crowd.

Room Tip: The further away from the elevators and stairs the less foot traffic and noise you have to contend with.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rodney W
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. We take our owners' feedback very seriously and it makes us feel wonderful to know that we are succeeding in improving your experience! Thank you for the recommendation of Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort and Spa. Your Westgate Family awaits your return. See you soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I own a timeshare here and I love it. I've owned it for 8 years. They are beginning to need a little update but everything is very clean and they really cater to your needs. Spa, restaurants and water park are awesome too, and to top
It off you're in bear country. they are still building new lodging and that is super updated. Do not expect to get a great deal if you are not an owner without attending a sales meeting. That is how they operate the place. All timeshares have these meetings. Nothing new there!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank sheriLR

Thank you for your recent review and your recent stay at Westgate Smoky Mountains. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We all aspire to ensure that all of our owners and guests received an exceptional experience. We hope to see you real soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort was just what I was looking for.
We were pleasantly impressed with the deluxe and well maintained log cabins. The landscaping was prestine. We were a group of 10 adults and 4 children.
I exchanged for two 1-bedroom deluxe units, my family reserved a 2 bedroom and a studio.
I have a physical disability so the fact that the resort was on a steep incline was of concern
for me. They did accommadate me with a cabin ground level with only two steps, my mother had the handicap room which was very nice with ramp to parking. (31621)
They have trolley transportation at the resort but with the incline I would of had trouble walking to the trolley stops. However, we drove and I was able to park right in front of the cabin.
Our unit had a very nice kitchen with granite countertops, cathedral ceilings, nice leather sofa & chair, fireplace, corner whirlpool tub. The beds were heavenly. Most of my group wanted to take the beds home. Staff was very nice, really enjoyed the Smokehouse
Grill on site, food was good and waitress was really friendly and we looked forward to visiting her again. I recommend the sweet potato fritters which is on the menu as an appetitizer, but makes an awesome dessert. My only negative with the cabins was probably lack of sound proofing in the walls and ceiling. I recommend the top floor if the stairs are not a problem.
The water park was nice but the retractable roof was broken,
so with the temps in the high 80's it was very stuffy and warm inside. The outside pools were clean and not overly crowded. The upper pool was very private and we had it all to ourselves.
My husband felt the resort was swarming with staff. The push for the timeshare presentation
appointment was excessive. Their paycheck is dependent on you making that appointment and it shows. I would probably return during the fall for the foliage.

Room Tip: The units that the deck faces the water park has the mountain views
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RNstitches2

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. We take our guests' feedback very seriously and it makes us feel wonderful to know that we are succeeding in improving our guests' experience! We hope to host you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Resort was beautiful. Indoor waterpark was OK, not the greatest, but very clean. Good for youngones. Shuttle buses to Gatlinburg were great. If I was to ever venture out to Tennessee again, I would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closest to the main building. Property is huge and you need a shuttle bus to get everywhere.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank brandfans

Thank you for your recent review and your recent stay at Westgate Smoky Mountains. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We all aspire to ensure that all of our guests received an exceptional experience. We hope to see you real soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Disappointing vacation. Had to replace washer because it was full of dirt. Bedroom window fell out during night. Had to spray for bugs (didn't say bedbugs). Valance fell off window. No flat screen tvs and only limited channels. Poor reception. Pocket door in bathroom didn't work. Lots of pets making noise all day and night. Dog crap on deck. Room was dirty. Lots of spiders and bugs and just not clean. Needs to be upgraded. Really pushy wanting you to buy more but not worth it. Would love to sell but who would want to buy. Conceirge, Dena, pushy and rude.

Room Tip: Take plenty of bug spray and try to stay on top floor to keep down some of the dog noise and the partiers all night.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank da71645
davidfishlock, General Manager at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. My sincere apologies for the issues you had with your unit during your most recent stay with us. I would very much like to speak to you regarding these issues and to find out what room number you were in so that I can investigate this situation. These type of issues are equally unacceptable to me. I can be reached on my direct line at 865-318-2995, or you can email me at david_fishlock@wgresorts.com. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,