“A Disclaimer (3.5)”

Loco Burro Fresh Mex Cantina
Ranked #58 of 204 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh Tex Mex Cantina, "World Famous Margaritas"and the only Roof Top Dining in Gatlinburg with Fire Pit Lounge areas.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Just returned from our second trip to the Great Smokies this summer and for our first time we tried Loco Burro after a waitress from another Gatlinburg establishment suggested this place.

The food was good and service was decent, but disclaimer: this is NOT authentic Mexican. For others who suggest this is, it is not. To begin with, if authentic, many of there items should be made or served with corn shells, not flour. That disclaimer being said, the dishes did have plenty of flavor and it seems they are attentive to quality as the steak fajitas were extremely tender and juicy. The re-fried beans on some of the dishes were just okay and we found the mexican rice to be somewhat bland.

Another big thing, the live band of the night was so far off from the atmosphere. I realize they may be trying to play to a crowd, but if not Spanish or light Spanish musical offerings the next best fit would be country.

For this meal I wish I could rate a 3.5 as I believe this establishment is just above (near) average... but not quite above average as 4 stars would mean. We would go back for the fajitas, but not the live music.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,246)

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We like to go here to eat mainly for the view from the roof. They have some of the best salsa I have tried. The food is just so-so in my opinion, not what I would call real mexican, more like american mexican taste.

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I recently visited Loco burro downtown Gatlinburg, TN and let me tell you the food was absolutely amazing. I know what quality and authentic food is and this place is both. From the salsa that you get in the beginning to the hand made flour tortillas and ,excellent service. I would definitely recommend this place to families and young people.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I came to the Loco Burro with my boyfriend so he could have a few drinks. My medicine doesn't allow for me to drink alcohol however the manager Shawn came over and accused me of drinking my boyfriend's beverage and said three employees saw me! He was very rude and despite my boyfriend's protesting he continued to insist that if I didn't stop he would ask us to leave. We found this very offensive because we are a clean cut couple, we are very polite, we leave great tips, and we don't break rules. A simple warning would have sufficed.

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

The food is excellent and abundant....me and my husband share it's that much. Roof top us the best and gorgeous view of Gatlinburg. We have been many times and will continue to come. Love it!