“Food was ok...”

Loco Burro Fresh Mex Cantina
Ranked #43 of 199 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh Tex Mex Cantina, "World Famous Margaritas"and the only Roof Top Dining in Gatlinburg with Fire Pit Lounge areas.
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We had chicken fajitas which was ok .. The service kinda sucked .. It took the waiter 20 minutes to start us with the drinks. I would not go back for food but will definitely return for drinks. There is a cool rooftop with beautiful views, live music and great ambience.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I lost track of time in the park, and hustled back to get dinner. It was around 8 pm when we arrived at the Loco Burro, and we waited about 45 minutes on a saturday night. The staff was shorthanded, which made for empty glasses and longer than average ordering times. I ordered the beef burrito and it was very good and huge. My wife ordered tacos and they were stuffed full. We would go back, but arrive earlier. The wait for the rooftop was around 1-2 hours, but it is lively up there.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I had lunch today at Loco Burro. We would have been better off to keep on walking up the Parkway.

When the best thing you can say is that they had an escalator to their 2nd floor location and that their chips were the best part of your meal (their salsas were not), that's pretty sad. Our server Kevin was very nice but his service was slow. We were there about 1:00 when they had a table of 12 and a table of 8 but the rest of the restaurant was pretty empty.

Just in case you think our experience was unique a table of 3 women (who were there before we were seated) got up and left. They had no drinks or chips and were quite peeved that we got chips before they did. Another couple (who arrived just before us) had the same experience that we did.

The kitchen was beyond slow. I ordered a chicken taco salad and my wife ordered a beef burrito. Pretty standard fare for a Mexican restaurant at lunchtime. It took over 30 minutes to get our food. We were about to get up and leave when it showed up.

It was obvious that my salad's chicken had been refrigerated from the previous day. It was a good size breast that had not been cut or sliced. Trying to cut up a large piece of meat in a taco shell bowl was not an easy task. It had a good flavor but was too cold for the rest of the salad. I had asked for one of their taco sauces rather than salad dressing. It wasn't brought with our meal and it took another 5 minutes to get it. My wife said her burrito was fine but she only ate 1/2 of it.

Overall I would rank Loco Burro as one of my top 10 worst dining experiences.

1  Thank KMSBball
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed this restaurant alot. The food and the drinks where awesome. The staff was really friendly. It was crazy busy and we had a long wait but other then that, I dont have anything bad to say about it. I will be going back again.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Shawn was the best bartender we've ever had. Any time we wanted a drink in Gatlinburg this was the place to go. So look for the Bald guy named Shawn!!!!