“Cute place average food.”

Loco Burro Fresh Mex Cantina
Ranked #42 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh Tex Mex Cantina, "World Famous Margaritas"and the only Roof Top Dining in Gatlinburg with Fire Pit Lounge areas.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Cute place average food.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Decor is nice and fun. Food was ok. We did enjoy the pork tacos the best. Kids like the mechanical donkey!

Visited March 2014

Pinetops, North Carolina
“Awesome Mexican food.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stopped in for lunch, attracted by the outside seating. We asked for a seat on the terrace, and were shown there immediately. The server quickly appeared with chips and salsa, and took our drink order. He came back within 5 minutes to take our meal order. The food was awesome, some of the best Mexican we have ever eaten. We will definitely return, and next time will try to leave room for dessert!!

• Visited March 2014
Crestwood, Kentucky
“The top terrace is awesome”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We went here towards the end of our day on the strip. Sat at the bar while we waited for a table on the roof to open up. We were told it would be 20 mins and it was more like 35. The bartenders sucked. Ours did not speak enough English to get our drink orders right. I asked for a margarita on the menu and he told me they didn't offer it. So I told him to suprise me and give me a red bull as well. Never got that red bull. Once we got to the terrace however our experience greatly improved. The service was great as we're the views and the food. We were not rushed to leave which was great (and probably why it took us so long to get up there in the first place). Overall I liked this place and would go again.

Pittsburgh
“Stay Far Far Away”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This place should have been good. They are a fun looking Mexican restaurant, even with a mechanical donkey, all which would seem to be a nice break from the constant BBQ, but they were terrible!

It started with the dreadful service where after being seated weren't waited on for about 20 minutes, and they weren't terribly busy. Then the waitress, while nice, was incredibly slow in bringing our drinks and food. We were seated by all the dirty dishes piling up on the bar too which was a bit of a turn off. In hindsight I should have insisted on moving but am semi timid at restaurants. I had the pleasure of watching them poorly wash the large Margarita pitchers, "scrubbing" them with their bare hands and no sponge. In terms of food, the salsa tasted bizarre, although the chips themselves were good. I had enchiladas which were just average, and also asked for no beans which was ignored. My wife ordered tacos which were terrible. I literally saw her face turn from normal to pale and sweating in a matter of seconds, to which we decided she should stop eating. I have no doubt something made her sick, as both her and I can eat anywhere and anything. Lastly the prices were steep considering what you got. The bathrooms were quite clean however which was good...I realize you have to take negative restaurant reviews with a grain of salt but this place was awful.

Overall you have so many options in Gatlinburg that you should just save your time and money and go somewhere else. I'm not picky at restaurants in the least and this place was just flat out bad. And now I'm out 50 bucks too...

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank ark18
Danville, Virginia
“Good food and donkey entertainment”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Friend and I had dinner there one night. Mexican food was good but watching dinner guest trying to ride the donkey was a hoot. Most riders had had one too many margaritas and could hardly pull themselves up onto donkey, much less ride it. Meal Peppered with lots of laughter was a great combo.

Visited March 2014