“Horrible service, okay food”

Ober Gatlinburg's Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #116 of 201 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, German
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Service was horrible! Your must have a lot of patience and time to eat and drink here. Those around us also struggled to get service. I even went to the bar to get drinks and it was the same. . . Slow. We received free drinks because the server kept forgetting our order.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I ordered food and it was ok but not great. This is a ski resort so I thought it would be a little better quality food. We were really Hungary and wanted to eat something. I will eat there again but just order something else.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was my first time visiting Ober Gatlinburg's Restaurant and Lounge. I really wanted to enjoy it along with our day skating and playing in the snow. We visited for a late lunch and were promptly greeted by a rude hostess. She acted like it was an inconvenience to seat our party of seven (my husband and I, our three young children 4-3-3, and my parents). We waited quite some time for our server, and then our food. After looking around we noticed that we were the only table that was given paper to-go menus and to-go cups. Everyone else had regular menus and glasses. We also noticed that other tables were greeted by their servers as well as served their beverages and food before us even though they were seated after us. The waitress was kind, however easily confused by simple requests. She was also very inattentive. We clocked 30 minutes from one visit to another, after a beverage refill was requested. We were also given the extra napkins that she said she would bring. The food was okay, but nothing fantastic. I am so thankful that my children were patient and well mannered while waiting, even though they were very hungry. We would have left and went elsewhere if we did not have a restaurant.com certificate.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

our family has traveled and eaten at many restaurants...this ranks at the bottom for sure. The service was awful. She left our table and never came back, even after we asked for a couple items when she delivered the incorrect order?? It seemed that she and the rest of the staff was having a good ole time back in the kitchen. We just ordered grilled cheese (cold, rock hard), cheeseburgers (no cheese), and french fries (cold, uncooked). Our drinks were never refilled, had no dressing for salad (lettuce and shredded cheese), and no cheese for our cheeseburgers. You have to really try to be this bad. The worst part about the experience....is that i had to pay for it.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was our second time eating here. I wanted our family to enjoy the scenery and food like we did last year. OOPS...I don't know what happened in a year, but the food was mediocre although there was plenty of it. Our waitress was friendly and prompt; and of course, the scenery was great. The grandkids enjoyed watching the skiers on the slope. That's about it.