“ONE OF THE BEST RESTAURANTS IN TENNESSEE!”

The Restaurant at Buckberry Creek
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Closure due to Gatlinburg wildfires.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This fine elegant dining in the heart of The Smokies is truly a find! The Chef changes the menu daily, so if you stay a week ( which I recommend at this First Class Lodge) you never get tired of the same items.
One night , the German Chef prepared a small bite size appetizer. It was out of this world.
For the "First Bites" I had Bloody Mary Oysters. This was black pepper fried Oysters, bloody mary jus, citrus creme fraiche and in a bed of baby spinach.
The Buckberry salad had it all. Lettuce, plumpted cherries, tomatoes, cucumbers, bleu Cheese, smoked sourdough croutons, and honey thyme vinaigrette. This is a meal into itself!!!!!
For my entree, I was eithe going to go for the SALMON, the Amberjack or the Prime Beef Tenderloin. After a few glasses of our fine wine selection, I chose the Tenderloin.
It was very tender and wonderful. This came with whipped potatoes, caramelized onions, roasted mushrooms asparagus, and with THE SPECIAL BUCKBERRY STEAK SAUCE!!!
It was one of the finest meals I have had .
The setting could not get any better. We had a corner table OUTSIDE, with a wonderful view of The Smokey Mountains of TN.

Make this a destination trip next time you want a wonderful experience.

Ed Altman, Jr.

1  Thank eddiethea
There are newer reviews for The Restaurant at Buckberry Creek

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We made a reservation for a dinner here despite not staying at the B&B, and the dinner was fantastic. I was a little skeptical since I was not thrilled about some of the food that was on the pre-set menu, and I knew it was not going to be cheap, but we took a shot and both enjoyed some food that we didn't really expect to enjoy. I was even able to have a good meal despite falling ill earlier in the day. This was the 1st time we've eaten somewhere that gave you a tasting spoon for the initial bit of food, so that was fun. We received some beef & veg soup and fried calamari for early courses, both of which were about as good as they could be IMO (I ate 'em, is all I can say). Then, we were treated to simply prepared, but delicious wagyu beef, and a flavorful fruit sorbet. I think the smaller portions helped me keep from getting too sick and helped us both actually finish a pretty lengthy meal. The view from the patio was breathtaking, and the service was impeccable. As long as you can stand driving on a narrow, windy road w/ a big dropoff to get there, you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Read a lot of these reviews prior to dining here. The food is good, but NOT great...the service was good but NOT great. The location, the views are GREAT...and that my friends are why the prices are what they are....because you are paying for it all.

Read some reviews talking about it not being better than several chain restaurants....but then again no chair restaurant has this location or view......quit comparing apples to oranges people!

4  Thank FunGuy1707
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great food and service, the waitress we had was very informative giving a narrative on each entree. The scenery was great with overcast sky and and the clouds drifting through the mountains giving the reason these mountains are named the Great Smokey Mountains.
Great place for night out with spouse or friend. Prices are not family friendly. $30-50 per person.

1  Thank bulldurham70
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The menu is decided on by the chef by 4 PM so you are never sure what will be on the menu. The choices are few, about 6 entrees, but my husband's and my meals were fantastic! This is gourmet dining so come prepared to try new combinations and concoctions. Everything was prepared perfectly. I would tell you what we had but it probably wouldn't be on your menu. My husband did say that his meal was the best veal he ever had. If you are staying at the lodge or just want to ride up the mountain while in Gatlinburg for a wonderful meal and incredible view, this is the restaurant for you!

1  Thank Deborah T