“Nuetral”

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Nuetral”
Reviewed April 5, 2005

It is all relative. I have used Tripadvisor for several years to research accomadations. I now relize that it is hard to sift through the bad and good reviews when I don't know the persons giving the reviews. So... we are family of 2 adults, 2 kids. We like to tent camp and we don't like all- inclusives when we go to Mexico. We enjoy the day hikes that the Smokey's have to offer, Greenbriar and Deep Creek both off the beaten path. Typically our family spends about 11 hours in the hotel room, 8 of which are spent sleeping. Downtown Gatlinburg was not our main destination. Our main destiantion was Ripley's Aquarium, which is FANTASTIC, and the Smokey's.

With that I offer:
This was an average hotel at $70/night. We stayed three nights and in April. A heated indoor pool is required this time of the year and the kids enjoyed what was offered. (Jacuzzi, Lazy River, Pool) If scenery is required for your enjoyment (eg. mountian stream or creek,) you may want to find something else) If the continental breakfast is required for your enjoyment you may want to find something else. My wife enjoyed the bisciut and gravy, kids like the rice cripys, I had coffee.

This was the second trip to Gatilinburg. I am still looking for the something cool at a $50 value. A hotel with a little older charm preferably on one of the many creeks running through Gatlinburg. This is the time of year (April and May) to go and avoid the summer crowds.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed February 23, 2005

My wife and I were caught by Hurricane Jeanne in Florida (September 2004) halfway through our two week honeymoon. After getting back home, we decided that we didn't want to just sit at home for a week. We checked with just about every chain hotel in the area... The Sleep Inn was the only hotel we could find that had a King bed for a reasonable rate.

We booked online and had no problems making the reservation. Upon our arrival, the staff was very nice and our room just as we reserved. The fire place in the room was turned off, but it was unseasonably warm in Gatlinburg while we were there. The "hot tub" was more of a bath tub with jets. If you're planning on taking your spouse, you'll probably enjoy it. If you're taking the kids, stay away from the "jacuzzi" rooms.

We only had two complaints: This may sound picky, but the sheets on the bed just didn't want to stay on the bed. My wife noticed that the bottom "fitted" sheet was actually a regular sheet. If I shifted around more than twice I was laying on bare matress. Secondly, the Sleep Inn was a little further away from downtown than I would have liked to be. We were told that the hotel was on the trolly line, but we never saw the trolly during our stay. The surrounding hotels appeared to be locally owned and were much older than the Sleep Inn. Because we were a little farther away from downtown, it seemed a little more quiet than my previous stays in Gatlinburg; but, the facilities felt very safe. Anyone that wanted to enter had to first go through the main lobby and pass by a staff member.

Overall, I would not have a problem staying at the Sleep Inn Gatlinburg again. I do prefer something a little closer to downtown, but other than that issue, we enjoyed our stay.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2004

Made reservations through 1-800 number but the room type and size was not was given to us upon check in. We returned to the front desk, and we were given an option of two different type rooms which were upgrades from our reservation for the same price for the two night stay.

The maid was also extremely courteous.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2004

We spent 7 wonderful days & "Sleep Inn" and were very impressed with the reasonably priced accomodations. The rooms were very clean, well equipped, spacious and looked like new. The view from the balcony only added to the experience. I would RECOMMEND this place to anyone. The staff was friendly, courteous and more than willing to help with whatever we might need.The indoor pool was nice and the spa and lazy river were very relaxing. The continental breakfast was adequate although limited.I have paid over TWICE AS MUCH and gotten far less . We researched many travel advisory websites and priced many,many rooms..and "SLEEP INN" Was The BEST $$ VALUE That we could find with the added convenience of being downtown Gatlinburg...It is only a short walk to everything in downtown Gatlinburg, and the TROLLEY stop is only 300 ft from the door. We will DEFINITELY return to this place again. IN FACT , I AM MAKING RESERVATIONS FOR The "FALL ROD RUN" WEEKEND NOW........

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member