“Christmas Parade, 2013”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed January 2, 2014

As usual, we completely enjoyed our annual Christmas Parade stay at Sleep Inn in Gatlinburg, TN. This is a long standing tradition with our family. We have even gotten to know our "neighbors" on either side of us. Mikey and crew always make us feel extremely welcome and do everything in their power to make it a fun week-end for the daughter and grandchildren. We often are joined by other family members who have all became repeat customers of Sleep Inn. You may find a more luxurious hotel in Gatlingburg (and at a higher price) but you will never find a friendly, more supportive staff than at Sleep Inn. Have a safe winter, friends at Sleep Inn. We will see you July 4th and for Christmas Parade, 2014!!!

Wayne and Jo Burns; Keshley Phillips, Paige, Rae, Zoey and Jenna....and Shane Parker

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jo B
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

We are so gald your family enjoyed spending time with us during December for the Christmas Parade. We are always delighted that stay with us at Sleep Inn & Suites. It is our plesure to see your family each year. I will share the nice review with our staff.
Our staff strives to provide a nice clean and comfortable room for you to enjoy.
Look forward to seeing you December 2014.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed during Thanksgiving week until we could check in to our Timeshare. The wii fi was HORRIBLE, I was planning on doing my online Christmas shopping but was unable to do most until we were able to check into our timeshare. The Jacuzzi was broke another bummer, the indoor pool was also to cold for my daughter who usually swims in 60 degree weather lol. The room was clean and nice to have a microwave and a fridge. It wasn't as close to downtown Gatlinburg as I thought but we were able to hike it, smaller kids would have an issue though. The price was good and it had a very nice continental breakfast. I booked here because of the choice hotel rewards. also our keys were deactivate a day prior which was a pain.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We are glad you took the time to write a review of your recent visit to our property. We apologize for all inconveniences you experienced. It is our desire to provide a nice clean room for each guest. We are sorry the wi-fi was not working properly and that the jacuzzi was broken.
Please accept our apology.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had a large selection of places to stay during our visit to Gatlinburg. But, frankly, the deciding factor was the good rate and the fact that Sleep Inn is part of the ChoiceRewards network. If we were staying in Gatlinburg for a longer period of time, we would probably stay in a more centrally-located property, as this motel is really a little far from "the action" to walk, and while parking is plentiful, I'd rather not pay $8.00 to do it. As for the motel itself, it was clean, comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly. The free breakfast was adequate for our needs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at our property. We are glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We strive to make each guest stay an enjoyable experience.
Please visit us again on your next visit to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My family and I come to Gatlinburg every year in the late fall, early winter. We had stayed at a local hotel for at least 20 years. This year it was sold and we were not able to make arrangements for our stay. We searched and found The Sleep Inn at a very reasonable rate. What a pleasant suprise. The location was good for the things we liek to do as far as walking through twon, going to Pigeon Forge, etc... The hotel was very well maintained and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were exceptionally clean, very comfortable, and pleasantly quiet. I add that last remark as being on the Parkway can be noisy but It was not an issue. The Inn was full both nights but, again, quiet and pleasant. Breakfast was a wlecome treat each mornig as we were used to having to go find breakfast. All in all a very nice stay and I have no doubt that we will be back again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor . We are glad you found everything to your satification. Our staff strives to furnish guests with a nice clean comfortable room to stay in. Thank you for the wonderful comments concering our staff. The staff works hard to provide guests with the best possible service. Glad you found them to be friendly and helpful during your stay.
Please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

On a recent family trip to Gatlinburg, our family stayed at the Sleep Inn. The price was great and so was the location - just off the main strip, but centrally located. The staff was always very polite and helpful. I was disappointed that my room did not get cleaned on the first day of my stay. The pool area also looked a little neglected, but perhaps it is the time of the year. The family enjoyed the hot tub in the cold weather! The free continental breakfast was good. We enjoyed waffles, sausage, toast and boiled eggs. I would definitely stay at the Sleep Inn again should I visit Gatlinburg, because for the price point, it was a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We are happy you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the compliments and for choosing to spend your vacation with us. My staff appreicated the positive comments you made regarding your time at our property. We are glad you enjoyed the continenetal breakfast and the hot tub. It is our goal to make our guests happy and to provide the service they are accustomed to while traveling.
We look forward to your next visit to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in the past. The rooms are up to date, have comfortable beds, and are clean. Free hot continental breakfast. I would rather be on the strip but its not too far away. The biggest plus for this hotel is the indoor pool area. Our children would rather be there than any attraction in Gatlinburg. For this reason...worth ever dime.

• Stayed: November 2013
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

We are glad you had a postive experience during your stay. Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your satification with our property. We love hearing about guests coming on vacation and having a good time. It was a plesure sharing your reivew with our staff.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had high hopes for this hotel, based on reviews here. But we did not enjoy the place. First of all, when we drove up, there was not a single light on anywhere. It was dark and creepy and very off-putting. We wondered if it was even open. Check in was fine. The clerk was friendly and the lobby clean. We were instructed to park in the lower lot and enter the hotel through the back door. Again, not a single light on in the garage, which was kind of scary. The back door sent us through the indoor pool room. No lights. Very poor ventilation. Condensation so thick on the walls and ceiling that water was pouring down on our heads. I've been to many hotel indoor pools and never seen this before. The back door sent us past the stairwell and into the elevator, both of which smelled of smoke. When we got off the elevator at our floor, there was an immensely strong smell that immediately made my lungs hurt. By the time we'd reached the end of the hallway, I couldn't breathe and my eyes were burning. Oh, and did I mention the trash on the floor and the bugs on the walls?? We got into our room, determined to make this work. The room seemed clean and acceptable, although a bit cramped. But then I saw spots on the comforter. There was some kind of crud that I could have scraped off with my fingernail. Obviously, I didn't touch it. So here we are, already creeped out by the darkness of the place, sick from the smell in the hallway, and now we're to climb into a dirty bed?? I don't think so. We chose to leave. The hotel insisted on charging us for the stay, citing the cancellation policy. This was not a cancellation. It was not a no-show. It was a decision to leave based on great disappointment. There is a difference. We're sorely disappointed in the hotel, as well as the charges. Not only that, but we were charged for 2 rooms since family was to meet us there in a second room. I wasn't about to let my asthmatic sister-in-law and 2 year old niece stay at a place that had already made me sick. Shame on this hotel for charging us under these circumstances.

3  Thank dn3a

We certainly apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. Our guests are important and we take all complaints seriously. We apologize for the problems with the garage and pool lights. We reported this to our maintenance department to find the problem. Our houskeeping department was contacted about the cleanliness of the comforter in the room. We try our best to correct issues as soon as they are reported to the front desk.
We are sorry for your disappointment of our hotel.