“Good location-Good deal for your money”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Johnson City,TN
“Good location-Good deal for your money”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were pleased with our stay the end of July 2013. I rely on Tripadvisor for feedback when traveling. I have written a few reviews over the years for hotels and restaurants. I have picked some duds before and some really good ones. This is a good one. I am a AAA memeber & ChoiceHotels member so I try to pick something that participates with those. This hotel is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile off the main Parkway. It is withing walking or driving distance to restaurants, shopping or other fun activities. It is a quiter location. We stayed on poolside and on a upper floor. It is not far from 2 entrances into Great Smoky Mountain. You have hiking and the great outdoors all around you. If you are a hiker, Greenbrier entrance is nearby. Also, main entrance into the park is just a few miles away. You have restaurants withing walking distance. The hotel was clean. The breakfast was good. They have waffle irons and good selection of cerals and pasteries. A wonderful pancake house right next door. Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly. Only bad comment is this particular site needs more luggage bell carts. When you have alot to carry when checking in or out , it is difficult. You have to make several trips. Very frustrating when tring to check out and have to wait several hours for a cart. need more carts for a hotel this size. I realize someone people put them in their room the nite before or early am, but if more carts were available, it would not be as bad. Also the elevator was extemely slow. I realize that sometimes that can not be changed. Just a constructive comment. Overall, the room we stayed in was quite. It was on 6th floor- Pool side. Very nice. Room was good and so was location. The price was reasonable. No major problems. You have alot of choices of things to do in the area. I will stay here again. When we go to to Pigeon Forge for the carshows, I usually stay in Pigeon Forge so we can walk. Gatlinburg has the same hotel I stay in Pigeon Forge, but on Tripadvisor it has not been rating well over the years. This one rated well. Hope it continues to.

Room Tip: Higher floors on pool side are really quite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. We are glad you were able to enjoy our comfortabe beds, continental breakfast, and our friendly staff. It is our goal to ensure our guests are happy and to provide quality service to each one.
We are glad your enjoyed our attractions, restaurants, shops, and the national park. There is so much to see and do in our area.
Your kind comments inspire our staff to ensure each guest experience is the best possible.
We look forward to seeing you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Gray, Georgia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I would highly recommend Sleep Inn and Suites in Gatlinburg,TN. The jacuzzi suite was so nice and had a lovely fireplace and balcony. The room was very clean and the staff was helpful. The hotel has an amazing lazy river and indoor pool which is nice during the cold winter months.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms have a great view and the jacuzzi suite is cozy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your postive comments you made regarding the recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy our king jacuzzi room with balcony. I shared your wonderful comments with our staff. Your comments give us the incentive we need to make everyone's stay the very best it can be.
Again, thank you for staying with us! We look forward to your return visit.
JACKSONVILLE
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Spent 4 nights here during the height of the season. Location great. Just a short walk to the main street.
Rooms were clean and well furnished. Just a little tired, but nothing to complain about. Breakfast good, but a little crowded. If I was coming back I'd stay here again. Indoor pool looked good but we did not try it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your room and our continental breakfast on your recent stay. I have shared your nice comments with our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit.
Grapevine, TX
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a nice hotel, reasonably clean and with ample parking. It is not on the main street and so it is a bit quieter than downtown Gatlinburg. It is a bit too far to walk to the 'hopping' area of town, although athletic types may find walking to be doable. There is a trolley that stops out front of the hotel that will take you downtown for a small fare (50 cents, I was told), but it only runs every 30-45 minutes and is not on a published schedule. The other option is to drive and park in one of the garages.

The pool area is indoor, nice but small. The lazy river is a nice extra, but it also is small. Breakfast was a bit above average and included waffles and hard boiled eggs. Bathroom facilities were all behind one door,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We were so glad you choose to stay at our property. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I will share your comments with our staff. We are always looking for ways we can improve our staff and property.
Please come and visit us again on your next trip to the Gatlinburg area.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our group trip to Key West in early july. The staff was very helpful in helping us organize food and fun while we were at the property. It made it easy for to spend time together in their banquet room. We enjoyed the breakfast and were happy with our stay at this hotel. It was a nice place that had elevators that made it for our senior group to get around the hotel. Will return here again in the Christmas Season for the parades.

Room Tip: We had a balcony room which was nice so we could sit on the patio in the evening.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Public Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind words concerning our staff. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff. We try to ensure our guests have a good experience when staying at our property. We look forward to your return visit during the Christmas season.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 18, 2013

this hotel was extra clean quite and very affordable .. Van was the one who check us in and he did above and beyond his service I recommend this hotel every one I was very happy and still am satisfied with my hotel stay
we had to leave our first hotel in the middle of the night because it was filty dirty and it had a bad small ---but sleep in Hotel saved our vacation

Room Tip: check out the rooms very very nice don't let the outside fool u
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our property. We are glad you were happy with our hotel. I have shared the kind words you expressed concerning our front desk clerk Van. We strive to provide a nice clean and comfortable room for our guests. We are glad we could be of service to you while vacationing in our area. We look forward to your next visit to our area.
Crab Orchard, West Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stay away from this place! My husband and granddaughter and I went there for a short stay of two days and because the place was so bad our whole vacation was awful. We have been going to Gatlinburg for 30 yrs or so and this was one of the worst places I have yet to stay. The minute I walked in the door I knew it would be because I went to set on there sofa while my husband checked in and could not believe how dirty it was it looked like it was took out of the garbage it was so dirty that was my first clue my second was when we started up the stairs and there was 10 inches of dirt on the windows they looked like they had never been cleaned, so when we went to the room I pulled out the bed and under the bed looked like it had never been cleaned one time. There pool area was a joke looks good in the pics but I can promise you that's the only place it looks good as for the people on here giving a good review about the place I have made up my mind it has to be people working for them.

5 Thank Kathy M
Sleepinngatlinburgtn, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
My staff and I would like to express a sincere apology for any inconveniences you experienced while being a guest at our property. We are sorry that problems arose during your stay. Our guests are very important to us and we try to ensure each guest has a positive experience.
Please be assured the issues brought to managements attention (sofa, room, and pool area) have been addressed with staff members. Maintenance personnel have been given additional training in their daily duties of maintaining our property to ensure an efficient and well maintained property with clean rooms for each guest as a top priority. Our housekeeping department received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them to service our guest each day.
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying during your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels