I stay at many Choice properties so I am pretty familiar with the brands and what they offer. Here are my pros and cons for this Sleep Inn.
-Room was newly remodeled and was very attractive, modern and clean.
-Room had refrigerator and microwave
-Indoor pool complex had pool, very lazy river with a few tubes and a hot tub. All close at 10:00 p.m. The pool area is heated and has sliding doors that can be opened in warm weather.
-New restaurant has opened directly next door. This is a Mom and Pop restaurant with reasonable prices. Has some country dinner plates (like meatloaf), sandwiches, burgers, salads. I liked it.
-There was a very small convenience store 2 doors down that sells beer and the very basics.
-There is a trolley stop almost in front of the hotel.
-The rooms come in 2 flavors: balcony/patio and pool view. The balconies/patios have a very near view of the main road (Parkway). The cars are coming by pretty fast and it can be very, very, very loud. You have to pay extra to get this extra road noise and bad view too. I complained about having to pay extra to the front desk but was blown off.
-The poolside rooms have a window overlooking the pool. The first 3 floors can see the pool. The upper floors can see the roof of the pool but not down to the pool below.
- So the short story is: don't stay here if you want a view.
- The breakfast offerings are pretty slim like most Sleep Inns.
- The pool area is not cleaned regularly. On Friday night I saw a kid fish out a bandaid and a big hair clump and lay it beside the pool on the concrete and there was a big orange piece of tape on the floor near my chair. On Saturday night it was all still there.
- On both nights I had to go get pool towels at the front desk and that was a little irritating.
-The hotel is not really within easy walking distance to anything (except the 1 restaurant and very small convenience store I mentioned earlier). You have to walk maybe 1/2 mile down a steep, fairly deserted section of street to get down to the edge of the main commercial area. So you have to walk back up the steep 1/2 mile to get back to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just over a block off the "strip", this location allows you to enjoy all the activities of downtown while preserving a quieter stay and avoiding the gridlock of traffic. Enjoy our indoor, heated pool, lazy-river, and hot tub facility year-round. Enjoy more benefits & value at a reasonable rate. Excellent location for tour buses and groups, with FREE double-deck parking, conference room, and close access to the trolley route. FREE Morning Medley Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Choice Hotels so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn And Suites
- Sleep Hotel Gatlinburg
- Sleep Inn Gatlinburg
- Gatlinburg Sleep Inn