“Great Place to stay”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Tammy at the desk was very friendly and very nice also , everyone I met there was nice.Our room was very nice and clean, the pool was clean also the lazy river and hot tub. The lazy river was small but it was nice . We walk downtown which was a nice walk and easy to cross the street. I have no complaints the breakfast was very good , I will stay there again !!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MAMAW2XS
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 23, 2012

They put in new carpet and updated the rooms in the not too distant past. The room was clean and comfortable. The price was affordable. The staff was helpful. Breakfast was okay. I understand they intend to upgrade the breakfast area -- and the breakfasts. The rooms with 1 queen bed and baclony are very small, though adequate enough if you are only in the room to sleep. The view from the balcony is not noteworthy -- unless you like to watch cars go by on the road below. The road noise makes the non-balcony rooms on the other side of the building preferable in my estimation. We would be happy to stay there again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms with 1 queen bed and balcony are quite small. Rooms with balconies have some road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2Virginians
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here with my family over a busy weekend. The front desk staff was very helpful, the young man with Kim tattooed on his neck was very well mannered and told us about new attractions and restaurants that wasn't here our last trip. My family had a blast visiting the locations and also went on a trail the young man told us about and for our first time we seen a bear! My kids and I had a blast very happy to see the bear and new attractions. Worn out from our adventures, we spent time resting in the hotel, enjoying the pool and talking with staff. Our room was very spacious, well decorated and clean. Nice place to stay!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have no complaints. The desk staff and housekeeping staff were all very nice. We enjoyed the indoor pool, hot tub and lazy river. Everything was clean and well cared for in my opinion. I would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JackieE3
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Well it wasn't nearly as nice as the on line photos. The pool is surrounded by parking lots and the tiles are in need of repair. I used Priceline and accidentally booked a smoking room. Called immediately to correct and told sold out no other rooms. I thought for sure when I got to the hotel they could switch us no luck. Spent 2 days holding our breath. My 7 yr old son thought the place was a dump. Room was clean and staff helpful but rough looking with neck tatoos on front desk staff. Breakfast not exciting but it was clean and updated just so smoky it felt worse than it really probably was.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Seriouslymjh
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

My parents and I stayed at this hotel after a Mopar event at Deals Gap as part of a weekend getaway. I actually picked this hotel from TripAdvisor despite some of the negative reviews. When we arrived, the lady at the front desk was an absolute joy! She was happy, friendly, and helpful! We got a room with 2 Queen beds since there was 3 of us. The room was small, but very clean. Due to some of the poor reviews, I made it a point to check out everything, and I was pleasantly surprised! The mini fridge was conveinient also! I wish that we would have upgraded to the room with the balcony for $10 more, but we had a nice view of the pool. Although we didn't have time to use the pool or lazy river, I definitely would! The breakfast in the morning was very good also! Next time I'm in Gatlinburg, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My elderly parents and I walked to downtown Gatlinburg and back from this property. It was a good walk but totally doable. A trolley stops here and for a nominal fee, you can take it to town if you prefer not to walk or drive. Our room was nice, up-to-date and clean. The beds were comfortable. Our special request was fulfilled. We didn't use the pool, spa or lazy river but they looked clean. The continental breakfast was sufficient. The staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. We had several issues after settling in our room. They were handled very quickly and efficiently, one which involved a room change. Thanks to Tammy and the entire staff for excellent customer service! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Sleep Inn & Suites and give it our seal of approval. We hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family