“Nice and helpful!”

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Nice and helpful!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my family over a busy weekend. The front desk staff was very helpful, the young man with Kim tattooed on his neck was very well mannered and told us about new attractions and restaurants that wasn't here our last trip. My family had a blast visiting the locations and also went on a trail the young man told us about and for our first time we seen a bear! My kids and I had a blast very happy to see the bear and new attractions. Worn out from our adventures, we spent time resting in the hotel, enjoying the pool and talking with staff. Our room was very spacious, well decorated and clean. Nice place to stay!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kelly B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have no complaints. The desk staff and housekeeping staff were all very nice. We enjoyed the indoor pool, hot tub and lazy river. Everything was clean and well cared for in my opinion. I would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JackieE3
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Well it wasn't nearly as nice as the on line photos. The pool is surrounded by parking lots and the tiles are in need of repair. I used Priceline and accidentally booked a smoking room. Called immediately to correct and told sold out no other rooms. I thought for sure when I got to the hotel they could switch us no luck. Spent 2 days holding our breath. My 7 yr old son thought the place was a dump. Room was clean and staff helpful but rough looking with neck tatoos on front desk staff. Breakfast not exciting but it was clean and updated just so smoky it felt worse than it really probably was.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Seriouslymjh
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

My parents and I stayed at this hotel after a Mopar event at Deals Gap as part of a weekend getaway. I actually picked this hotel from TripAdvisor despite some of the negative reviews. When we arrived, the lady at the front desk was an absolute joy! She was happy, friendly, and helpful! We got a room with 2 Queen beds since there was 3 of us. The room was small, but very clean. Due to some of the poor reviews, I made it a point to check out everything, and I was pleasantly surprised! The mini fridge was conveinient also! I wish that we would have upgraded to the room with the balcony for $10 more, but we had a nice view of the pool. Although we didn't have time to use the pool or lazy river, I definitely would! The breakfast in the morning was very good also! Next time I'm in Gatlinburg, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My elderly parents and I walked to downtown Gatlinburg and back from this property. It was a good walk but totally doable. A trolley stops here and for a nominal fee, you can take it to town if you prefer not to walk or drive. Our room was nice, up-to-date and clean. The beds were comfortable. Our special request was fulfilled. We didn't use the pool, spa or lazy river but they looked clean. The continental breakfast was sufficient. The staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. We had several issues after settling in our room. They were handled very quickly and efficiently, one which involved a room change. Thanks to Tammy and the entire staff for excellent customer service! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Sleep Inn & Suites and give it our seal of approval. We hope to return in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed August 26, 2012

You get exactly what you should expect - a place to sleep, no more, no less. Do not expect a character or a view in the room. Of course it is faceless and basic - it is a Sleep inn after all. But unlike some pricier establishments in Gatlinburg it isn't tiered, stinky and smelly. Instead, it is updated, squeaky clean and reasonably priced. Indoor pool is clean and open till 10pm, wifi works, breakfast is unremarkable, but sufficient. If you come to Gatlinburg to hike in the Smokey's then you are likely to be happy with this place. Hey, what else do you want from a place where you only come to sleep? However, if you come for entertainment or you expect to relax in the room for a little while then you might look for a place closer to the strip (this one is about 1/2 mile from the heart of the strip) and one that offers slightly bigger rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sleep Inn Gatlinburg for a quick weekend trip. The motel was adequate, nothing remarkable, but nothing to complain about either. The hotel itself is rather old, but has recently gotten a face-lift. We had a King Room with a balcony. The room was small, but we were only there to sleep, so it was fine. It had a LCD television. We did not hear other guests and slept well. The motel has an indoor pool and small lazy river.

I will say, when I called the hotel to make our reservation, the automated system said that the motel was 2 blocks away from Ripley’s Aquarium. This is far from true. It is actually about ½ mile from it. It is ¼ mile from the main strip, which is easy walking distance. The return trip walking back to the motel is almost all uphill, so it would not be easy for everyone.

For the price and location, this Sleep Inn served its purpose.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple