“Not as bad as it seems”

Ranked #22 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Warrenton , Virginia
“Not as bad as it seems”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2007

We stayed at this timeshare condo the week of July 4th. We had a fifth floor 2 bedroom unit. I have to say I was a little leary reading all the negitives about the place but our stay wasnt bad at all. The room was large, and was clean. Of course it did look a bit dated. Could use some updating but wasnt horrible as I had read on here. The pool seems rather small for such a large complex, but was nice with a hot tub. The fire alarm went off 2 days in a row several times which was not good, but they seemed to have fixed it by the 3rd day. The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to everything, or there is a trolley stop just out front. The only complaint I could see is the parking garage is very tight. We never had problems finding a spot but spaces were very very tight. We had a great time.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank rdmanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
toledo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2007

We went there to check out there time share condos to start things off the numbers we were givin for contact people was disconnected. Then when we went to check in the person at the desk was rude and if were in my employment would have been kick out the door faster than a speeding bullet. I do not know where the person than wrote the review before me got the photos he shows but the room does not even come close to what he shows. The first room they put us in was so small and dirty that i would not let my dog stay in there but we were worn out from the drive so we stayed the night. Then when we went to the time share in the morring we were asked as a group of 20 people if we had any comments or problems THAT WAS THE WRONG THING TO SAY so we told them of all the problems we were rushed out of the group shown the way to the desk and given our gift and shown the door. LET ME WARN ANY ONE WHO THINGS ABOUT THIS PLACE OR TIME SHARE DO NOT DO IT. From start to finish this place rates a -10 The next place i send this report to is RCI as I am a member and own 4 time shares and this one is a never going to be on my list

• Stayed May 2007
54 Thank x45acp
Kittery, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2007

Our family traded for the first time through RCI points to stay here Apr 13 - 20. The property is owned by the Summerbay company we own points with in Orlando so this was an opportunity to see a sister property. It was somewhat disappointing.

The weather was unseasonably cool early in the week -even snow in the air but overall the vacation week was enjoyable. For our 2 teen boys the highlight was the muscle car show going on in Pigeon Forge that week - thousands of 60s and early 70s Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs and Chargers, etc! The aquarium was a great attraction for our teen daughter. They all enjoyed the helicopter ride and the warplane simulators at that site. Outlet shopping for my wife and dau is always a pleasure. My favorite was the sidetrip to see Biltmore estate in Ashville NC including their winery. Yes another taste of that chardonnay please!

Our 6th floor end unit overlooked the mountains and is reportedly one of the nicest units but there was thick dust in places inside, nail holes and unnecessary/unused picture hangers on the wall, the leather living room upholstery was ripped and the deck furniture was filthy. The unit was in definite need of being redone - which is not something we are used to from our many 5 star Interval trades especially within Marriott. The location here was good for walking to town - our teens especially appreciated that. We used the indoor pool but were disappointed to not have a hot tub - the only one on the property is outside and was closed for renovation.

I'd have to say I'm concerned that RCI rates this as gold crown. I'd find Silver a stretch and I think that in the future I'd probably prefer something newer and truly gold crown like the neighboring Crown Park Resort which I was very impressed with.

• Liked — location and mountain view
  • Disliked — worn condition of unit
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
53 Thank Mojitoland
nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2007

We did a RCI exchange, we were excited about coming to Gatlinburg, we hadn't been for years. We were also excited about the wonderful resort we had booked. How disappointed we were when we arrived and was given a studio that was up the hill from the main resort next door to construction, if we sat on our patio guess what our view was -you guessed it, construction.There was no pool for our set of units, if we wanted to go swimming we had to walk down a long hill to the Main Resort. Had it been explained to us that we wouldn't be in the main resort we would have ask for a differnt unit. We did walk down to the main resort and looked around it is an older resort and all in all we weren't impressed, not likely we will ever book here again.

• Liked — the fireplace
  • Disliked — the location of our unit
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
52 Thank caroleinoibnc
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2007

I should have known something was wrong when my credit card was actually charged for my stay more than a month before I arrived. They had told me it would be charged a week in advance: Lie #1
We arrive, knowing we already paid for the first night and want to cancel our reservations for the second night because our friends ended up having an extra room in their cabin. No luck. They were going to charge us anyway, whether we were there or not, for the second night. I was told upon booking my trip that the first night is non-refundable, but that you can cancel the rest of your trip at any time. Lie #2
In the morning, we tried to use the wireless access I was told we would have and get connected to work emails. Come to find out, wireless access is $10/day. Lie #3! If nothing else, I always make sure that wireless access is included with our room...it's that important thing that I don't mess up or confuse.
I was promised a room next to a "bubbling creek" and a place to relax in private. This resort has paper thin walls that give way to car alarms, doors banging, people talking, car horns and loud housekeeping who bangs on your door over an hour before you have to be checking out. It's like Spring Break except I wasn't passed out and able to sleep through it all. And my "bubbling creek" was a frozen fountain in the middle of the court yard. The people who work there do not care about your happiness, or how nice your stay was. They are that disinterested that they don't even tell you to have a nice stay when you check in, or ask you if it was nice when you leave. The last thing a Town Square employee said to me was "drop the keys in the drop box in the garage when you leave." I would not recommend this place to anyone except maybe a blind, def, unhappy person who doesn't care where they waste their money because it grows on trees in their backyard.

Stayed February 2007
74 Thank Handle_the_truth
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2007

We just returned from a wonderful weekend 'birthday' trip in Gatlinburg, TN. We spent 3 days at the Gatlinburg Town Square Resort where we celebrated our twins daughters 8th birthday. We had a 2 bedroom with a fireplace and balcony overlooking the street (great view). Although the furnishings weren't brand new, we we're very pleased with the resort overall. My daughters all loved the indoor pool.

Jackie from the resort was awesome as she arranged for a birthday cake and balloons to be waiting for a surprise in our room when we arrived, just as I asked. Everything was great, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Unless you're overly picky, I think you'll be pleased.

• Liked — Close proximity to everything
  • Disliked — Nothing...
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank xtielou
dalton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2007

We had a great stay at Gatlinburg Town Square. The three bedrooms, three full bath, unit was wonderful. The furniture and appliances looked new. The Jacuzzi was great. The location was in walking distance to everything in Gatlinburg. In fact, our party of seven walked to the Hard Rock Cafe, which is on the opposite end of Gatlinburg. The resort was decorated in cascading snowflake lights and more. Very nice and quiet even during a huge youth convention. Plenty of pool towels, dishes, silverware, etc. The heated pool was very warm, but the chemicals were a little harsh. Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — pool chemicals
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family