There is a trick to staying at this resort and that is to book it online and not use the facility as a timeshare owner. We have stayed here 3 times and have enjoyed the facility and the location and amenities. The first time we stayed compliments of a friend that owned a time share there and the 2 bdrm 2 bath was on the old side of the resort and while it was acceptable... it was definitely run down.
When we booked a 2 bdrm/2 bath online (expedia) we were placed on the new side of the resort that was very plush, leather couches, corner hot tub in the master bedroom, and gas fireplace. When you check in they offer you one of their timeshare presentations that if you participate in you can get free tickets but I can't imagine it would be worth your time. Just enjoy your room/location/ammenities and forget the time share option. My friend that is the timeshare owner said that it is really hard to even book a room there but you can get it cheaper and readily available on the internet.
I don't recommend having a room near the basketball court- some folks will play late into the night and it will echo throughout your room if you are close to the court. And, we have only stayed at this facility on the weekends so I don't know what it would be like to stay here during the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Gatlinburg Town Square Nestled in the midst of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, you’ll find resort living in an area so vividly beautiful, walking through it is akin to moving through a painting. Gatlinburg Town Square and Town Village are ideally situated in the heart of Gatlinburg Tennessee, within easy walking distance to downtown and all the entertainment, shopping and nightlife only the Smokies could offer. Discover nature’s gallery of mountain trails, pristine waterfalls and breathtaking mountain vistas, all on display and timelessly preserved for your family’s enjoyment in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, located less than a mile away. Whether you want to bask in the tranquility of the mountains, or discover the adventures that await within them, you are sure to find something to fit your vacation needs. As soon as you arrive at the resort, you’ll find yourself adjusting to ‘mountain time’ as you gaze upon a three-story waterfall cascading down the stone tower beckoning you inside where you will be greeted by a resort team exuding the Southern hospitality for which this region is world famous. Let the vacation begin by lounging in front of your private fireplace or by grilling alongside our spring-fed creek. Here, you can indulge in the many attractions, such as in an aerial tram ride 2,675 feet above the city, and immerse yourself in the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Otel and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatlinburg Town Square Hotel Gatlinburg
- Gatlinburg Town Square Resort