We've stayed here 2x over the past year, most recently in Aug. for our convention. The location is great, a short walk across the street from the Log Cabin Pancake House & about a block from the Convention Center.
The 1st time we stayed in a 1BR condo & this last time we had a 3BR/3BA condo on the 6th floor (only $140 per night in August)! The views facing Mt. LeConte were awesome! The condo was spacious & the decor was fairly modern (although we can lose the plastic fake plants cause they're dust catchers), unlike others we've stayed at which were stuck in the 70's, 80's or even 90's.
We loved the 2 salt water pools, 1 indoor & 1 out. The property is unique in the way the condo buildings are situated & the waterfall in the tower building where the elevators are was a nice touch, as was the cute little BBQ area by the creek behind the back building.
Some of the units are in the process of being updated & the only thing raggedy in our condo was the 1 living room chair, which had frayed & worn fabric.
The down side......no washer & dryer in the 3 BR unit, too tight underground parking, & only 2 elevators for 2 very large buildings & 1 elevator for the other building. It was a long haul trying to get from the end where our condo was in 1 building to the other condo where my sister was in the building directly across from ours.
Our journey involved a long walk on the cat walk to the elevator, waiting for the slow elevator, walking across the courtyard to get to the other building, going down a long indoor hallway until we found the other elevator, waiting on that slow elevator & then walking another long walkway to my sister's condo. It would've been much easier to zipline across from our balcony to hers!
But other than that, no complaints, the staff was very nice & we'll definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Gatlinburg Town Square Nestled in the midst of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, you'll find resort living in an area so vividly beautiful, walking through it is akin to moving through a painting. Gatlinburg Town Square and Town Village are ideally situated in the heart of Gatlinburg Tennessee, within easy walking distance to downtown and all the entertainment, shopping and nightlife only the Smokies could offer. Discover nature's gallery of mountain trails, pristine waterfalls and breathtaking mountain vistas, all on display and timelessly preserved for your family's enjoyment in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, located less than a mile away. Whether you want to bask in the tranquility of the mountains, or discover the adventures that await within them, you are sure to find something to fit your vacation needs. As soon as you arrive at the resort, you'll find yourself adjusting to 'mountain time' as you gaze upon a three-story waterfall cascading down the stone tower beckoning you inside where you will be greeted by a resort team exuding the Southern hospitality for which this region is world famous. Let the vacation begin by lounging in front of your private fireplace or by grilling alongside our spring-fed creek. Here, you can indulge in the many attractions, such as in an aerial tram ride 2,675 feet above the city, and immerse yourself in the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gatlinburg Town Square Hotel Gatlinburg
- Gatlinburg Town Square Resort