“One of the best stays we have had in Gatlinburg”
Review of Gatlinburg Towers

and 1 more site!
Gatlinburg Towers
Ranked #69 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
tennessee
“One of the best stays we have had in Gatlinburg”
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I have four children and they love Gatlinburg. Always plenty to do. We picked Gatlinburg Towers because it was a good rate for the two bedroom unit and we thought we would have enough room for everyone and we did. The kitchen was just enough for what we needed, and everything worked just fine. I especially liked the location even though I read some of the reviews about the distance I don't understand the fuss. It seems if you are going to Gatlinburg you just need to plan to walk because almost everything is walkable. The trolley was just about a half a block or less from us and the even if we walked down we could then take to trolley back at night and with the kids it was very convenient to do just that. Our room was clean and comfortable. We did not expect personal things like shampoo and so but we knew that because it was in our confirmation. But we just changed our towels at the front desk and if they were out (because we asked for them after office hours) then they brought them to us.
You could tell tha tthe unit was probably owned by an individual because it had more decorations and was nicer that a run of the mill, everything is the same type. We loved it and I just am glad that we decided to see for ourselves about this property and we did not go wrong. We would definately go back . Also no charge for parking that's a plus

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Marion IN
Reviewed September 9, 2009

In the 18 years that we have owned our time share this is the worse place ever! It was dark, dingy, dirty and would never recommed it to anyone! It was also quite eerie getting in the door. I refused to stay and ended up staying in a hotel. After 10 minutes of looking around the place I returned they keys and told the guy at the desk I would not be staying, much to his surprise LOL, he said oh, ok.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank loan24
Ky
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Have been here several times - would definately return!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Mount Dora, FL
Reviewed March 2, 2009

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. Of course, with Hotwire's policy you don't get to see the hotel before you pay. I've never had a bad experience with this...until now. As soon as I received the name of the hotel I looked it up. I found a large number of bad reviews. I also found that if had booked the room through them directly I woudl have paid less per night and received a deal of "stay 2 nights, get 1 free".
Through Hotwire you do not have the option of canceling...you lose your money. I tried not to let the reviews skew my personal judgement and vowed to approach it with an open mind. I will never use them again!
We arrived in Gatlinburg and easily located the hotel with our Google directions. The check-in went smoothly and things looked fine. We located the luggage carts and loaded everything onto them and into the single elevator. The elevator smelled of mildew and a had terrible, musty odor.
We made our way along the tile walkway to our room. As we walked, we sloshed through standing puddles of water. I figured this was from a recent rain until I realized it hadn't rained in a while. We noticed a constant drip from the walkway above...or somewhere beyond.
We reached our room only to discover our handle lock didn't work at all and the deadbolt could only be locked from inside by lifting the entire door up so the bolt could slide into the space. None of the bedroom doors stayed closed, much less locked. We reported this problem and never received any kind of answer or assistance to remedy it.
We tried to use the fireplace but the pilot light was out. We reported this after three hours, we called again and were told "Oh, we didn't forget we just don't have anyone to come up and fix it." About 30 minutes later a lady came up and lit it with instructions as to how to keep it going. Five minutes after she left the pilot light went out. We called again and continued calling for the remainder of our stay (3 days). We never saw anyone again and we didn't get to use the fireplace at all during our stay.
We used the indoor pool a few times and noticed a really strong chlorine smell. As I went to put on my brand new bathing suit for the third time I noticed that the chlorine had bleached out all of the color.

There is plenty more to say, but I don't want to keep going. The hotel is old and outdated and a strong, musty smell permeates the entire place. They really need to spend some time and money and bring it up to date! I've never felt so ripped off before! Don't stay here!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank FLGirlForever
louisiana
Reviewed January 20, 2009

we arrived at 4am! quite a drive from Louisiana with 2 small kids. the keys were not in the drop box and Donna was kind enough to wake and let us in. the first room was not preped and she kindly gave us room 604. good view, clean and well equipped. the furniature was outdated but clean. the pool was good for kids but would be dull for adults who plan to "swim". it was a cold walk to and from the room as it is a hotel layout. overall it was good in contrast to the other reviews. I would stay here again but only if it were not in the mountains. I personally did not like the mountains.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — linens
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed June 3, 2008

My in-laws found this place through a condo rental agency. They were so upset about the condition of this place, they said they were sorry all weekend. We checked in on Friday afternoon and we should have listened to our gut and found another place. Some of our relatives also checked in, but went to other hotels because they found a bug in their bed. But, I decided it wasn't that bad and to give it a chance. Boy was I wrong. The front bathroom smelled so strong of urine, my father-in-law went to the supermarket to get bleach to clean it himself. It smelled like a cat had been locked in the bathroom for days. No matter how much he cleaned, it still stunk! My mother-in-law refused to cook in the kitchen because it just didn't look clean. I refused to allow my 18 month old to walk around without shoes and socks because the floors were so dirty. We stayed in the master bedroom and the master bath was filthy with dust balls in the closet. The wallpaper had been patched with a totally different pattern. The shower curtain had mildew all over it and the caulk around the tub was cracking and peeling off. The tubs didn't drain, so by the time you finished your shower, you were standing in 4 inches of dirty bath water. I had to give my baby a bath in the tub, but trust me, it was the fastest bath that child has ever had. On the back porch, there were old fruit loops all over, and they were under the bed in the master bedroom as well. There was a used popscicle stick next to the end table and the couch and chairs were just dingy looking. Two of the lamps in the condo didn't even have lightbulbs in them. The pool smelled so strong of chemicals that I wouldn't even think of going into it and the pool itself is basically in a greenhouse.

The raccoon was really cool, he would just hang around because people were always feeding him. The location is good, but that is about all I can say nice about the place.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank qtkt33
Ohio
Reviewed May 23, 2008

A rather tired condo structure. Just dated in many respects. A good location, but too cramped by todays standards. To enter the elevator you must squeeze through a tight entryway. The exterior entry hall is tight and all the rooms are just small. Two can sit on the private balcony. The elevator has a strong dog odor and grafitti on the doors, not the most pleasent way to be introducd to your Gatlinburg hideaway. My next visit will be to the Baskins Creek Condominiums just down the hill from the Gatlinburg Towers.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — smallness and odor
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family