“More than adequate for our needs”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Gatlinburg Towers

Gatlinburg Towers
Ranked #70 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“More than adequate for our needs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2005

We just returned from a 4-day stay at the Gatlinburg Towers. We had made our reservations before finding some of the reviews posted here, and I was a little nervous about what we would find. We found our 2-bedroom unit to be more than adequate for our needs, especially for the price we paid. It may not be a 4-star facility, but we were very pleased. We had stayed the previous weekend at a Ramada Limited which cost about 2/3 per night what we paid here, and it was considerably less nice than the Gatlinburg Towers. If we go to Gatlinburg again, we would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2005

I visit Gatlinburg often and stay at Gatlinburg Towers. I find the management to be very nice and helpful. They have always answered my questions, taken care of any problems that we've had and have given me soap when I forgot it. I was there this past weekend and my fireplace was working. The walk to the strip in Gatlinburg is not bad at all. As far as the view from you balcony if you stay on the second or thrid floor, look up not straight ahead and you can see the beautiful Smoky Mountains. I have stayed in hotels on the strip that are worse than Gatlinburg Towers and have paid about the same price for those rooms as I pay for a two bedroom two bath condo at Gatlinburg Towers.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2005

We stayed here in 2003. We had plenty of room but was lead to believe it was closer to the main drag. It was fairly clean except under the sofa. There was old food and a food container there when we went to pull out the sofa bed. We had to take out our own trash. Ok place to stay. We enjoyed the trip but plan to stay closer to the main drag next time.

Winston-Salem, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2004

This is not the top notch condo as they decribe in their ad. It is not fully funished you have to bring your own soap and take out your own garbage. The sheets and pillars are paper thin. It is far from being in walking distance from downtown or the 2.5 blocks from the main drag. It is really a good drive in your car and there is not a trolley stop near by as mentioned in their ads. Their hot tub and pool was not safe looking to get in, it didn't look like they keep a very good watch on their chemical levels. They don't turn the gas on, so what good does it do to have gas fire places. And if you are on the bottom 3 floors you really do have a private balcony because you are looking at the back of a townhouse unit. The elevator was not working during 2 of my 4 days there.

This could be a great place to stay if they would just simply do routine maintenance on this place. They need to putty the holes in the walls and paint the inside of the rooms. They need to replace the burn out bulbs in the lamps and replace the broken covers on the electrical/cable outlets.

Three words: DON'T STAY HERE!!

18 Thank J P
Lima, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2004

Just got back from my first visit to Gatlinburg Towers, and would go back again. Yes, there were a few minor problems, but overall the stay was very enjoyable. We never heard a peep out of our neighbors, so the soundproofing was well done. The pool is small, as are most in Gatlinburg - but the fact that it was indoors made for a poor weather backup plan.

Do not let other reviews influence you - this stay is every bit as nice as a Hampton Inn or Suite Hotel.

The 10 minute walk was no problem, and you walk out at stoplight #6 - right at the Aquarium and main Trolly Stop...

8 Thank phizbin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2004

There was blood on the towels and the beds has sand grains in them. Never again will I stay in such muck. The fold out bed was broken and their was unmistakable stains on the kitchen floor were someone spilled something and didnt clean it up.

Florence, Al
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2004

These condos appear much nicer online and are well advertised online. Overall, I was disappointed with my stay here. My first impression wasn't very good based on how the exterior was maintained, and it went down from there. There was a truck on jacks in the owner parking under the building with an axle removed. The walk to the strip was a nice 10 min. walk along the creek.
After coming home, I got ready to shower and discovered there was no soap. I called, thinking it was overlooked, to find out that it's not provided. Also, there was no iron or ironing board in unit, missing remote for MBR tv, only phone was in the kitchen, fireplace was inoperable... oh, and take out your own trash on the way out too and don't mind those 10-20 lady bugs climbing around on the ceiling of the unit.. Also, if you stay below the 4th floor your view will be the back of a townhouse.
These condos are poorly managed and rarely maintained. I'm sure their advertising keeps the units filled, but gives first time visitors to Gatlinburg a less than optimal experience. Not recommended unless you're paying under $80/nt and don't mind the inconveniences. They're obviously trying to maximize profit (at your expense) and aren't relying on repeat business. I would've been very upset if I would've paid their $155/nt peak rates.

8 Thank channing m