“Great!!!!!!!!!!”

River Terrace Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #66 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Trenton, OH
Reviewed October 23, 2005

My husband and I went down for the weekend and stayed at this hotel. It was wonderful!! The staff was wonderful and very helpful with any and all of our questions or requests!! We will definately stay here again and hopefully soon!!!! Our room was wonderful and the view was excellent!!!

• Stayed: October 2005
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have updated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what we have to enjoy.

Middletown, Ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2005

This place is in bad need of renovation. After seeking the front desk's assistance on area attractions and telling them I planned to be gone for the day and most of the night, one hour later when plans changed I was still in my room. A service man knocked on my "Do Not Disturb" door and requested to enter my room and change air filter. Hummm............I find this strange. General manager Liz became unapproachable and defensive regarding the matter and allowed me to leave over a $10 rate dispute. I called the police to have the room inspected prior to leaving to avoid any accusations of damage. In the presence of the police I asked the General Manager the name of the owner of this establishment and she refused to tell me. Why?

• Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Cincinnati
Reviewed August 10, 2005

This outdated place has about 5 years left and it needs to be leveled. We were told we were going to a "premier" resort through world-wide travel. We got there and this place had 50's decor and we were afraid of what "wildlife" might come out in our room at night. The internet says it has a fridge and microwave.... not a chance. We had a nice view of fungus/mold in the shower. The service was fine but the only reason I stayed in this joint was because it was free. My 7 year old cried and wanted to stay somewhere else. Even my 5 year old said the place was a dump.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Milan, Tennessee
Reviewed August 9, 2005

Husband and I (and 2 little yorkies) stayed July 24-28. Our room was so very emaculate and clean, way above and beyond anywhere we have ever stayed before. Every single person on staff that we came in contact with was so very pleasant, kind, helpful and friendly. The location is perfect - just a few steps from the main strip in Gatlinburg, yet far enough from the street to enjoy privacy. We enjoyed the mountain view in the back, and feeding the ducks in the river from our front balcony. The grounds and pools were so very clean! I would recommend this place to EVERYONE, and we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Irvington, KY
Reviewed August 7, 2005

My husband and I recently stayed at the River Terrace Resort in Gatlinburg. I will admit, after reading some of the reviews we were kind of afraid to stay there. When we got there(August 6, 2005), the staff were very friendly. We even got to check into our room 2 hours before normal check in time. Now believe me, this is no "luxury" resort. This is just your average hotel room. But everything was nice and clean. The rooms were very spacious and every room also has a balcony that overlooks the mountains. The location is excellent. It is right next to the Ripley's Aquarium and everything is in walking distance right in the heart of Gatlinburg. The bed was our only complaint because it was a very firm mattress. Overall, the place was clean and comfortable, especially for $70. to $80. bucks a night.

I here it is also pet friendly and we were afraid that there might be an odor there but there was not. This is a night place to stay (especially if you are on a budget!)

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed August 7, 2005

I too went online to read about this property and we were hesitant at first, but those people didn't stay at the same property as we did. I asked for the building with the elevator as my husband could not climb stairs. We arrived around 11:00 p.m. on a Friday night and the front desk could not have been more helpful. One of the staff members even moved his car so we could park close to our room! Upon opening our door, we had a huge room with 2 queen beds- micro, refrig and a great working a/c. It was very clean and neat. We could not have been so pleased. We did eat at the property's restaurant the next morning and they did have a problem in the kitchen that morning, but otherwise, the property was great. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go again.

4  Thank nlong24

Reviewed August 2, 2005

We stayed at the River Terrace Resort for a weekend getaway in July 2005. The room rate was reasonable ($99/night for two queen beds) and the location was great!!! You're in walking distance to everything. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean but old and dated. The resort does need to be updated and remodeled. However, overall I would recommend this place as a good choice.

4  Thank Readytoltravel