“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of River Terrace Resort & Convention Center

River Terrace Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #65 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cincinnati, Oh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2004

We visit Gatlinburg each year and this was our first stay at the River Terrace. We would definitely come back. The rooms had new carpet and mattresses. The location was perfect. The only negative were the rooms located on the top of the hill; it was quite a climb down to Gatlinburg.

2 Thank HLS3247
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2015
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have updated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what we have to enjoy.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2004

I had to deal with some incomptent hotel personnel.
1. Called to ask about a discount for a program I have that named that Hotel. No one knew what I was talking about. Suggested that I bring in my booklet.
2 I was going for Granddaughter's wedding so I was afraid that Hotel would be full so I called called a discount computer company to get a definite reservation.
3 Arrived at Hotel with booklet. Managment said they would have to honor the deal . I told them that I couldn't wait for them to know what the facts were and guarantee me a room so I called a computer orag. to get room.
4 I ended up paying much more than I should have for a dirty room. I informed management but was only told that the dirty room was on list to clean. Don't know what year they were planning it.
I could not understand why they would rent a room like that. I was told that I had a handicapped room and that was all that they had. I had only requested a building with an elevator.
Needless to say I will not be staying there again.
I got plenty of " I'm sorry" but no discount on the room. Had the management known what they should have then I wouldn't have had these problems.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2004

This place has its ups and downs. It is in a GREAT location. It's a nice walk to just about anywhere in Gatlinburg and is next door to the very nice Ripley's aquarium. It's right on the river for a nice stroll in the evening or just for scenery purposes. The staff is friendly too. But there is some bad. The elevators are slower than Christmas (when your on the higher floors this matters). The hotel is old. Which nothing in Gatlinburg appears to be not brand spanking new except the aqarium. The oldness gives it a bit of a "dingy" look even though it is clean. The cable is good - had something like 75 channels. Your not there to watch TV but its nice to find the weather channel in the morning, etc. I wouldn't mind staying there again, but probably not a number one choice.

1 Thank Laura475