“MIND YOUR CREDIT CARD!”

Ranked #63 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Denver, Colorado
“MIND YOUR CREDIT CARD!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed there 2 months ago.Recently a charge has been made to my credit card from there which we did not make. I have called 3 times and the phone is answered by what sounds to be girls,who claim to know nothing. I have sent 2 emails to management and gotten no reply! Get a statement when you check out and keep it forever! Better yet,there are many honest places in Gatlinburg,choose another.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tomkat33388
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We are truly sorry for the issue you experienced. If you would like, please contact our Corporate Office at 800-217-5076 to speak with our Resort Stay Response Team to further discuss your situation. We hope this will not keep you from staying with us again.

Nicole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This property needs up grade ~ room 7676. Suggested improvements shampoo carpet, nightstand drawers fall out when you try to use, replace old tube TV, fix water flow for shower, bathtub peeling from repainting, replace mattress, paint balcony outside doors. GREAT location or we would look at other properties!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lassie280
Thank you for your feedback on River Terrace Resort. We’re glad you found our location to be in a great location and close to all the area attractions. We appreciate your comments and suggestions on the unit. It lets us know where we can improve. We hope you will visit with us the next time you’re in the Gatlinburg area.

Nicole
Gainesville
Reviewed July 3, 2014

On May 22, 2014 I made reservations at River Terrace through Westgate Resorts for a two night stay checking in on June 10 and checking out on June12th. My credit card was charged on May 22th for one night. Since my wife and I had stayed at River Terrance many times in the past we requested a king, non-smoking room on the river side. We even requested building #2, level 2 and room 2210. After driving about 8 hours we arrived at the hotel around 4PM only to find out that our requests were denied.
We were booked in building 5 which was unsatisfactory. We asked if we could see another room and to our disappointment, the room was dark and dirty looking. So, I requested my money back and left to find another hotel. The young women at the desk said my credit card account would be credited for one night that same day and the original night would show up on my card on my next statement. Never happened. It took 3 weeks and several phone calls to get this straighted out. In the past, I dealt with the hotel direct. I don’t recommend this hotel anymore but, if you want to stay there, call direct: (865) 436-5161. Oh! I called Westgate first and they told me I had to deal with the hotel. I called the hotel and they told me I had to deal with Westgate. Anyway, I would like to recommend the Greystone Lodge at the Aquarium. It’s very convenient and includes breakfast every morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2015
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. Our front desk staff does their best to accommodate all of our guests reservation requests but unfortunately they are based on availability at check in. We do hope that you visit again in the future to see what improvements we have made.

Best regards,
Ariel
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had a Military Reunion at the hotel. First of all, let me say this, your paying for location. Room 1106 was assigned to me when I checked in. Very, very distinct odor of cat urine filled the room. They assigned me another room, which was much nicer (1209) I was happy at that point, and the front desk clerk was very nice and apologetic. While were on the Front Desk, let me just say this..Beth should not be in any customer service role. Doesn't smile, doesn't greet you, and cuts you off when trying to explain a situation. I had more than one complaint from our reunion folks about her. All other Front Desk Staff were exceptional. Chris (Sales Manager) and Julie, did a GREAT JOB in helping us with the reunion. Always available to us and responded in a timely manner.The exterior of the hotel was beautiful. Very well maintained and landscaped very nicely. The rooms are dated, but then again, most rooms in Gatlinburg are dated. Remember, your paying for location and its not a bad deal. The only real negative that we walked away with was having to go through WESTGATE reservations to book the rooms. We prefer to deal directly with the hotel that were staying at, of course. Overall, if your planning a reunion give Chris and Julie a call, they are exceptional folks and will work with you to satisfy all your reunion needs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We’re glad you chose us for your family reunion and enjoyed your time while us. It’s great to hear that our staff was friendly and able to assist you in a timely manner. We are located within walking distance of all the area attractions like shopping, dining, and entertainment. We appreciate your comments on updating the units. We value all of our guests’ comments; as this helps us know where to improve. We hope you will visit with us again soon.

New Hampshire
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I normally do not write reviews but we were so happy that we chose to stay here. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we were more than pleased with this resort.
It may be dated a little but the location and friendly service more than made up for that. The rooms were large, clean and the views were awesome. Just one street back from the main attractions, it was the perfect location. The restaurant/ bar had the nicest people working there, so friendly and helpful to give us advice on making our trip memorable.
We will definitely stay here again. We were very pleased with everything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We love hearing that you had such a fantastic time while at River Terrace Resort. Our objective is to provide all guests with superior service and accommodations. Nothing pleases us more than to hear when a member of our staff was friendly and able to make your stay with us a pleasurable one. It’s great to hear you found our resort to be large, clean, with awesome views, and located close to all the area attractions. We’re honored to know you’ll be returning soon. Can’t wait to see you!

Kentucky
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

A great place to stay in downtown Gatlinburg. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The room rate for the area was very reasonable. We would hesitate in staying here again. We did not use the pool or eat at the restaurant. People seemed to be enjoying the same. Hotel is right next to the aquarium.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay as well as your clean unit with the comfortable bed. It’s great to hear you find us to be a good value and located close to all the area attractions. We’re honored you chose us and hope to see you again soon.

Mullins, South Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here in June for two nights. Even though the decor was old, it was very clean and the sight outside our door was fantastic! We had previously stayed at a Best Western in Kentucky for a wedding, even though it was updated with everything new, it was not as clean as the River Terrace! I go for cleanliness over new furniture anytime!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great view of the mountains!