“Clean, quiet, better than expected.”

River Terrace Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #66 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just spent five nights and was very pleased! After reading other reviews, I wasn't sure what this $83 / night room would be like. Opening the door we found a very large room with king bed with sheets that were changed every other day. Clean carpet and bathroom. Maid service was great each day, always fresh towels and cleaned room. Very roomy balcony overlooking the river. Location very central to Gatlinburg parkway. We left our car at motel and walked everywhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric B
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to hear that we satisfied your need for a truly distinctive vacation. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have stayed here several times and the rooms are always clean and good service. Our church group just stayed here and I had no complaints at all. Our rooms were clean and no problems. This is a good place to stay for the price and the location. The hotel staff was very nice and took care of us.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debbie T

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are ecstatic that you and your group had such great time with us! We would be honored to host you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed in Gatlinburg only a few times, but I am amazed how differently people review things. I have read some of the reviews and I can only say for me and my friends it was a positive view. My friends have stayed here before so we knew from there experience to ask for the rooms in the Duck Watch. These rooms are right over the river and the view from the balcony is really great if you are a people watcher or like to watch the critters roam the creek bank. We stayed two nights and really enjoyed our experience. The location is great because you are not in the busy area, but you have access to it with a short walk. It is located right behind the little mall! I have no idea if they have internet service because that is one of the things I wanted to take a break from. The one and only thing I didn't like is that we were told we would have a king size bed and it was two double, but oh well, right! I would definitely book this resort for my next visit.

Room Tip: Definitely the Duckwatch!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joseph C

Thank you for your recent review and your recent stay at the River Terrace Resort. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We all aspire to ensure that all of our guests received an exceptional experience. We hope to see you return real soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I gave an average grade only because of the central location. The room was not very clean, there were a lot of smokers around. It was expensive for my budget but probably cheap for Gatlinburg standards, so I did'nt particularly enjoy the atmosphere there. It was difficult climbing up and stairs to the room - no elevator at all. Service was almost non-existent. All this I experienced in just one night's stay with family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank badri80

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we were troubled to hear of the challenges you faced during your stay. Your feedback has been shared with our management staff and we will be investigating how to ensure these challenges do not occur again. We hope you allow us to alter your perception of our property in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

What you expect to recieve for more than $100 per night and what you actually get here are two completely different things. The cabinate was broken over the toilet, held up by a nasty looking piece of dirty 2x4. The room was hardly clean. Popcorn was still on the floor and a hair on the bed. I can deal with a bad room in the right location, but the moment I wanted to use the internet, I recieved no help. the girl at the front desk thought it was the weather. Eventually I was forwarded to the manager who couldn't have cared less. He put in a request with maintenance, who took almost 10 minutes to replace a flourescent light bulb the night before. He was not shy about blaiming me for the problem and the manager was no better, but no one else could pick up the signal in my room either. After some waiting, the maintenance man gave me a call and told me that there was a nice customer downstairs I could talk to to trouble shoot. He then told me that if he sees a green light on the router that everything should be ok and that beyond that, he doesn't know anything. Not only were the staff not helpful and rude, they blaimed the customer for their problem and pushed the solution off on another customer. The manager wasn't willing to help further, but he finally put us in a different room where the internet worked AFTER we started to cancel the last part of our reservation. The moment we got into our new room, we found the same dirty mess we originally found in our first room. the bathroom light randemly cut off but then cut back on after about 30 minutes. It turns out they had an electrical problem too. For over $100 per night, I would expect the basics to work and at least a little customer service. The location and the view from the porch were the only redeeming factors but I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I was ridiculous.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Bpelt
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay and property. We are truly disappointed for the challenges you faced and that is definitely not the service we aim to provide. We hope you will accept our most sincere apologies for the issues you encountered and hope that you will give us another chance to better your perception of

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently returned from a trip to Gatlinburg, TN where my aunt and I had the honor of staying at the River Terrace Resort. After reading reviews on here, I was a little skeptical, but decided to keep my reservations thinking we could change them if need be. Boy was I surprised! Yes the room decor is a little dated, but we found the rooms clean, smelling fresh, and the beds were comfortable. The service provided by the hotel was wonderful. You couldn't ask for a better location. The hotel is located beside Ripley's Aquarium, on a the street behind the main strip, so we didn't have any of the "street noise". We were in the perfect location for walking the strip. We could sit on our balcony and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful views. Overall it was a great value and will most definitely plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PJennings
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for the glowing review of out resort! We strive to make everything as comfortable as possible and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Not bad for the location. Bar was ok. Food was ok. Not a bad walk from rooms. The hillside walk was an step grade. Parking was good. Easy walk to the shops. This was an ok place for the price. Beds were not bad, have seen softer beds. Over all its meet all my needs.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank buttermilk1972

That you for reviewing your stay with us. We are glad we could meet your needs. We hope that you will stay with us again.