“DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRONG HOTEL”

Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
hhhhhhhhhhh
“DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRONG HOTEL”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We stayed in park vista in jan 2011.It was the worst hotel we ever stayed in life.The room was not clean.The carpet was dirty.No space in bathroom.They charged $190 for single room per day.In addition to that we had to pay for internet $10 per day.We had to pay for breakfast.It ws overpriced(paid $50 for 2)No hot water for some hours.They promised they'll give us mountain view when we booked over phone.But refused when we actually checked in.........we didn't like the stay at all.......VERY EXPENSIVE......AND WORST PLACE AND WORST SERVICE.I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.............IF ANYONE EXPERIENCE THE SAME PLZ POST IT.......IT'LL BE HELPFUL FOR OTHERS......................

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank hill58
GMParkvista, General Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, February 20, 2011
Dear Disappointed;
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Gatlinburg. Please accept my apology for your disappointment. It is our policy to allow guest to choose their view based on availability at check in. Since our hotel is located on top of a ridge and the city is surrounded by mountains even our city view rooms do offer a mountain view. I hope you did have time to enjoy the views from our sitting area located at the entrance to the hotel. Our internet is complimentary in the lobby, lounge and restaurant, however we do charge for access from within the sleeping room. We take pride in our upscale breakfast buffet and have chosen not to include in our rates, this give guests the option to choose the full buffet with cook to order items, or if in a hurry can take advantage of our continental breakfast. Again please accept my apology for your disappointment and I certainly hope you will allow us a second opportunity to deliver a rewarding experience during your next visit to Gatlinburg.
Respectfully, Jackelyn Schafer General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I went to Gatlinburg with my boyfriend over the 4th of July weekend. The trip was last minute, and the Park Vista was pretty much our only option, so we booked it. I'm so glad it worked out this way! The hotel is remodeled with a modern style. They greet you with warm, chocolate chip cookies when you check in. The beds were very comfortable (Doubletree beds usually are), and you can't beat the view. The hotel is on the mountain, so it's not in the middle of all the restaurants and nightlife, but I didn't mind the hike. There is a trolley available if you don't feel like walking. Their indoor pool is really fun, so take a bathing suit. My only complaint was that when we got settled, my boyfriend took a shower. In the middle of his shower, customer service knocked on our door, and they sternly asked if we were getting water on the bathroom floor. I guess there was a leak in the room below us. There was no water on the floor, so that's my only conclusion. Once I let them scope it out, they were much nicer. I would stay here again. Too beautiful to pass up!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear July 4th guest;
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. The July 4th holiday is an exciting time to visit the area, lots of holiday activities and of course the fire works display. Our famous DoubleTree cookies are definitely a favorite of mine and many of our guests. I apologize for the disruption from our service staff and glad that it ended well. Hope to see you again at the hotel. Please feel free to stop by and say hello! Jackelyn Schafer, General Manager
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I was told this is the only hotel that is actually located on the parks grounds. The hotel is older, but is pretty awesome. I actually stayed there with my fiance' a couple of years ago. Another plus is the gatlinburg trollys actually make a stop at the front door. So when going into actual gatlinburg no need to drive. :)

• Stayed May 2010
Dear Only hotel in the Park;
We appreciate you and thank you for staying with us. I see your stay was in May of 2011. You mentioned we were an older hotel. The hotel actually opened on June 8th, 1976 and last year underwent an $11 million dollar renovation. On June 8th, 2010 we completed the renovations and became affiliated with the DoubleTree by Hilton family. The Gatlinburg trolley does stop at the front door. Both the red trolley line and the green trolley line are available to assist our guests around Gatlinburg. Why drive when you can buy an all day trolley pass from our desk agents that will take you on any of the routes around town all day!
Hope to see you again this year I am sure you will love the new hotel!
Jackelyn Schafer – General Manager
Nashville, TN
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We chose the Park Vista because it is convenient if you are staying in the Gatlinburg area. It is difficult to find a clean, convenient hotel in Gatlinburg. One of the main reasons that we chose the hotel: indoor pool with a water slide and great glass elevator (kid wow factor). It was great for our little boy. He loved the slide, and it was nice to swim without a crowd. The pool was never crowded. The rooms are remodeled and clean. We had a nice view of the mountains and Gatlinburg. The beds were comfortable. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Internet is not free unless you are a HH Gold member.-FYI. Free choc. chip cookies on arrival. Bears can/will wonder up from the woods. We saw a bear running when he walked up to glass windows and discovered staff watching him & fled. If you get a chance, go to dinner at the Peddler. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant b/c we had other plans for our weekend dining, but the food smelled/looked good. We would stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Dear guest;
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We have found our newly renovated pool area to be a huge hit with both the kids and adults. The balcony overlooking the pool is a favorite spot for families to enjoy a pizza or other great food from our Vista Grill while watching other members of their family splash in the pool. Our internet is complimentary in the public space, such as the lobby, lounge and the restaurant. Hilton Honor’s members enjoy this service as well as many others. You can sign up on line or any one of our desk agents would be happy to assist you.
Hope to see you again this fall or sooner.
Jackelyn Schafer - General Manager
virginia
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Recently stayed here for 3 nights. We had a city view room on the 13th floor with 2 queen beds. The view was incredible! The room itself had enough room for the 2 of us and our son comfortably for the weekend. The flat screen TV was great and having the refrigerator in the room too was an added plus. Everyone we encountered during our stay was very polite and helpful. The front desk even gave us an extra cookie when we told them how much our son loved his!

The hotel itself is recently updated in understand and they did an outstanding job! Everything is very warmly decorated and feels inviting. We really enjoyed taking our son down to the pool one night; he loved the water slides and splashing in the fountains. He also loved going to see the birds and all the bears placed around the lobby.

The only downside to the hotel was the distance away from the "main strip". Every time we wanted to go out to eat, shop, etc we had to drive down and park somewhere. I did notice that the trolley does run up there but I’m not aware if it's on a schedule or not. Usually I like to stay somewhere down off the strip but this time it was cold so it's not like we would have been walking too much anyways.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would definitely like to stay here again. It is not the most convenient to everything but it is a beautiful, comfortable hotel. By far the nicest one we have stayed at in Gatlinburg!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest;
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I am glad you stayed with us.
You’re son is correct the cookies are very good, hard to have just one. The hotel actually has direct access to two trolley routes in the city. If you check with our concierges or any desk agent they can give you an estimate on the arrival time of the next trolley. You can purchase an all day pass at our desk and ride any trolley you would like throughout the city. Then when your busy day is done, return to the peace and quite on top of the hill to enjoy an evening meal and play in the pool.
Hope to see you again this year. Jackelyn Schafer – General Manager
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed January 28, 2011

My family had a very nice time at the Park Vista. Our room was very quiet. From the hall we could hear the next rooms tv loudly, but as soon as we were inside our room it was quiet and we heard nothing. The pool was very nice, my 6 year old loved it. Room service for breakfast was good and on time. Housekeeping was very nice and called a few times to check if we needed anything. Some reviews here have stated "loud plumbing in the bathroom" What the problem is the fans in the shower. They are not operated by switch, they come on automatically when needed during showers. They are quite loud. I could hear those from neighboring rooms, but only in the AM when they took showers, I guess it's luck they decide to shower if it bothers you or not. All in all, we enjoyed it very much and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rcbjmbadb
GMParkvista, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, February 20, 2011
Dear Guest;
So glad your family enjoyed their stay, our pool certainly is a hit with young and older guests. The slides as well as the zero entry with bubblers offer something for everyone. The bath fans are stronger than most as they are roof mounted to service several rooms, we find they are more effective than most individual fan units. We are investigating additional ways to make our room even quieter than they are now.
Please stop in and say hello upon your return, hope to see you soon.
Jackelyn Schafer – General Manager
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This is the WORST hotel I've ever stayed in. Our stay was a disaster! If you're contemplating staying, please RECONSIDER!
My family has traveled all over the world and yes, this is the absolutely worst hotel we've ever stayed in. Our hotel room in Korea was better than this one. We decided to take a spontaneous trip to Gatlinburg and convinced our friends to come along. I made the decision to stay at this particular hotel because it looked great and it had a beautiful pool that I thought would be perfect for my children and our friend's small children. Our stay was very literally a disaster. The heater for the pool was broken, so the water was too cold to swim in. The balcony door in our room wouldn't close completely and was allowing cold air to seep in and the heat wasn't working. I complained numerous times with no avail. No one ever came to repair the heat or the door. Then the hot water went out and there was no hot water for two days!
Who wants to take cold showers in a room where there is no heat? I read a review from Jan. 15th complaining of the same thing, so apparently this hotel has hot water issues.
There were so many problems (too numerous to name) with this hotel so I urge anyone contemplating staying here. RECONSIDER! Please, do not be fooled by the pictures. Yes, it's an pretty, but definitely not worth the money!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Glenstef4
Dear Guest;
Please accept my apology concerning your December stay. That was a very difficult week for the city and the hotel. The weather in December this year was certainly anything but normal for our East TN location. Extreme cold temperatures coupled with very early snow storms. We have since made adjustments to several areas around the hotel to better accommodate these unusual weather extremes. I hope your spontaneous side will bring you back our way for another visit. I assure you a different and much more pleasant experience. Sincerely, Jackelyn Schafer General Manager