“The Most Beautiful Hotel in the Mountains!!!”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband & I were invited to spend Thanksgiving in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN for Thanksgiving. My friend asked me to make all the travel arrangements. My husband & I had gotten married in Pigeon Forge 3 years ago and had rented cabins for all our family and friends with a popular cabin rental place. We had rented from them one other time after that. I made reservations for four nights with the same cabin rental company for a third time. Thanksgiving was really busy & we had sit in traffic for two hours. I called the cabin rental place to let them know I was going to be running late for check in and asked how long they would be there. I had been emailing them for months about our cabin & arrival, asking what the cabin provided, etc... up to and including the day before our arrival. The lady at the rental place told me that someone had already checked into our cabin and that our reservation was for Thanksgiving 2011!!! I had that reaservation since summer! I was so upset that they messed up our reservations & it made no difference that we had rented over 7 cabins from them before. They had no sincere apologies & wanted to charge us a $25 cancellation fee for saying I didn't want the cabin for 2011...that it was suppose to be for THIS Thanksgiving! I was in tears because I had a whole other family that was on their way from SC to TN with their children expecting us all to share a big 4 bedroom cabin for the holidays. We had coolers full of food, games, etc... My husband & I were panicked and sick to what we would tell our friends, already on their way. I just knew I would not be able to find a hotel within a 100 miles of Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving. I went to several hotels in tears, explaining my situation. I was looking for something nice to make up for what had happened but I knew I wouldn't be able to find A room, much less something nice. I was given a referal for Park Vista-DoubleTree Hotel (a Hilton Hotel) in Gatlinburg. I called the phone number given and to my suprise, they did have a vacancy. I think because it is located on a hill, hidden...most people don't see it when just browsing for a hotel. We got directions so that we could go look at the room...again, I wanted something nice for our friends. I walked into the hotel & could believe my eyes. It was the most beautiful hotel I had ever been to short of the one we stayed at in Maui, HI. It was so beautiful & plush. The two glass elevators went up to Heaven, I swear...so many floors and a beautiful interior type atrium type setting. I went to the counter and was greeted by a customer service reservationist named Anna. She was the sweetest, friendliest...MOST HELPFUL person I had ever dealt with. I explained my situation & she did everything to accomodate all our needs. She showed me two options in rooms available, getting us two rooms just one room apart. I have to tell you, this was the MOST BEAUTIFUL hotel I have ever seen. They have everything imaginable that you would want or need... (two beautiful pools, a game room, a business center, gift shop with baked goods, a bar, a restuarant, several big screen tv's and lounge chairs all over. There are several tables for playing games or socializing. The rooms are so spacious with flat screen tv's, in room dorm type refrigerators, a desk, lounge chair with ottoman and a seperate spacious vanity room from the bathroom/shower. The beds & pillows are so incredibly comfortable. They do offer room service although we didn't use that service ourselves. The hotel was decorated so pretty for the holidays with gorgeous Christmas trees all over. Valet Parking & Luggage service is available or you can unload & park yourself. Fresh baked YUMMY cookies are available for each guest at the front desk. I have to say this hotel has the most unbelievable customer service or maybe I owe it to Anna and one of the head hotel manager's named Virginia. They went beyond the call of duty to accomodate all of our needs. I can't thank them enough for the extras that they did for us. They sympathized with what we had been through & didn't make me feel embarrassed for the tears that came with what we had gone through that holiday. I wish I could give them some kind of award for their excellence to customer service! It is too bad that the Hilton website does not have a way to leave reviews on their site. If you want a gorgeous place to stay at a resonable price and every accomodation you could ask for (even an outdoor patio with a fire pit & a bar with a fireplace & several big screens) AND excellent customer service, Park Vista - Double Tree, Gatlinburg, TN is the perfect place! We will definitely stay here again and again! Absolutely LOVED it!!!! Thank you Anna & Virginia! You saved our holiday & made it a fun & memorable one!!! The Cale's from SC.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank santasandra
GMParkvista, General Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2011

Dear Cale family;
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and I am so glad you found your way to us! Our staff certainly is very important to our hotel and they go out of their way to take care of our guests. We are always anxious to welcome each guest to our home. I hope your visitor’s from the Carolinas enjoyed their stay as well. The Park Vista a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel would love to be your standard East TN vacation spot.
Sincerely, Jackelyn Schafer General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,470)

Reviewed January 2, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. The ammenities are excellent. The pool was fabulous. But the service throughout the hotel was horrible. The front desk people were rude not only to us but to all the guest. No one cared to make the your stay pleasant. No one who worked there seemed happy to be there. They all seemed to hate their jobs and took it out on the guest. There was one exception and that was the front door gentleman who was a diamond in the rough. Also, our room was filled with lady bugs. They ended up in our beds, the bathroom, and in our luggage. We paid $200 a night for a room so you would expect more. Management needs to clean ship and hire people who want to work there. Teach these people to smile and say something. It was like the dead zone.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Hubbard_11

Dear Guest;
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. I will definitely share them with our staff and we will make sure improvements are made. Your experience is certainly not the norm. I hope you will try us again while visiting the Gatlinburg area. Sincerely, Jackelyn Schafer General Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2011

Made reservations for New Year's 2010/2011 and the guaranteed check in at 4 doesn't happen we didn't get checked in until 5 because our room was still dirty and they would only allow us to go into the parlor part due to the bedroom area not being finished being cleaned. Breakfast was very over priced, breakfast bar that offered very little was over $26 for 2 which should have been included in the price but ended up paying separate for it. Room was very over priced for the package we purchased. Will more than likely not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GeneEllen08

Dear New Years Eve Guest;
Please accept my aplogy for your delay at check in. It is our policy to check guests in as soon as they arrive. In the interest of safety we can not open up a room prior to our housekeeping staff's cleaning and inspection. This is usually done throughout the day. If your room is not ready at arrival we would chose a comparable room in order to eliminate any wait time. New Years Eve is an extremely busy time and I again apologize for your delay.
Hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely, Jackelyn Schafer General Manager

Reviewed December 24, 2010

We stayed at Park Vista several years ago and had an unbelievable stay at the Hotel. We decided to spend Christmas here this year because my wife's mother past away and Christmas was going to be hard for her and she want to get away for Christmas. Park Vista was the first place that came to mind. What a disappoint ment this trip has been. My family was treated badly at check-in and service has been absolutely awful. This will be our last stay at Park Vista. It is over prices for what you get. What a shame for such a nice Hotel. We stay at Double Tree Hotel in Johnson City, TN and what a difference the 2 hotel. Double Tree In JC treat us like royalty when we are there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank terryc9313
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We got married in Gatlinburg in 2007 and spent our Honeymoon at Park Vista. We went back again in 2008 and 2009. This year, the rates raised significantly since the hotel was remodeled and became a Doubletree Hotel. So, we decided to spend our anniversary at another hotel that was cheaper.. BIG mistake. We ended up canceling our last night at the cheap hotel (Garden Plaza - which was terrible) and spend our last night back were we belonged at Park Vista. It was even nicer than before. The entire hotel has been remodeled and upgraded. The rooms are awesome, bed is super comfy, everything is so clean.. the pool is great as well as the new indoor slide. We will NEVER spend our anniversary at another hotel in Gatlinburg. You might can find better rates than Park Vista, but you can't find a better hotel. It is the best!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My husband and I went to Gatlinburg on Thanksgiving Day (after having Thanksgiving dinner with family on Wednesday) and stayed through the weekend. The Park Vista is situated looking down on the town with beautiful views of the mountains. It's the perfect, quiet place to stay after dealing with all the tourists and attractions all day. Service was excellent, rooms were newly renovated and updated in semi contemporary style, staff was perfect, lobby area beautiful, cozy, and although we didn't go to the bar/restaurant it was extremely inviting. If you don't want to drive anywhere then this is not the place to stay, but you can take the Trolly. You could walk to the town, but the road up to the hotel is very steep. It is well worth the extra dollars to stay in a cozy, clean, and beautiful place that feels like you aren't in the middle of a tourist attraction. You can't go wrong.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2010

The hotel is "in the round" with rooms forming a ring, with the elevators and lobby in the middle, and the windows giveing a great view of the Smokey mountains. We were there for a board meeting. Clean, reasonable food, good service - good for our business meeting. You do have to get in your car to get to downtown Gatlinburg, but the fact that it is on top of a hill makes for beautiful views. Parking is outdoors and close to the front door making coming and going easy. Overall, a decent hotel but nothing great.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business