“The Best Honeymoon Ever!!”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Best Honeymoon Ever!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2006

My husband and I stayed a week at Park Vista. When we arrived, the staff was so helpful and nice. When we walked into our room and I saw the view, i literally cried. We are from the Southern states, so I NEVER seen moutains before, the view that we has was extraordinary! The rooms were CLEAN, roomservice was GREAT, and the food was GREAT! While we were out during the day, no matter where we were we could see our hotel (Park Vista) and that was really nice. The best view is from the Sky Lift! If we were to go back to Tennesse, we would be sure to stay at Park Vista.

• Stayed February 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
johnson city tn
Reviewed May 20, 2006

I have stayed at the park vista many times in my life. It has the most increadible views in gatlinburg. You are so close to the shops but on top of the world. I have never had a bad experience in this hotel. It is one of my favorite places in the world.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank lavendarj
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2006

This 15-story hotel is a bit off of the beaten path, but the view more than makes up for it! It is located about 1 mile from the center of Gatlinburg, up a very steep incline -- not walkable, but the trolley goes back and forth to town throughout the day. The lobby is very lovely and spacious, the inside pool area is large and very nice, the rooms are fairly large and well-appointed, and there is ample parking.
Our only complaints:
1.) Check-in -- the computer system is "old as the hills" and unable to process a debit card as 'credit"; consequently our debit card was charged for the entire stay upon check-in -- mild irritant, only.
2.) Shower -- fluctuated wildly and randomly from boling to icy throughout entire shower -- and the hot was HOT, so a safety issue.

7 Thank AJMF
Port St. Lucie, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2006

My daughter and I attended a wedding in Gatlinburg and this was our first experience there--we are returning the first week of May but not staying at the Park Vista. The ride up the very steep winding driveway was ominous and quite tricky to drive down, I can't imagine this drive in the winter. We had made reservations in August and were promised "spectacular views." Our room was on the first floor and our "spectacular view" was that of the roof of the pool area. Our door did not lock. The room itself was average and clean. The restaurant was pricey for the quality. Our friends' reception was held in one of the banquet rooms and was well attended by the staff. The staff was courteous and helpful, our lock problem was taken care of quickly. It is far away from other restaurants and businesses so walking is not an option to get downtown. It is a very impressive building and easily recognizable throughout the town, but the best thing we found about it was its proximity to Roaring Fork Motor Trail. Not a place we will return to or recommend, however.

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank laci729
Tennessee
Reviewed April 4, 2006

My husband and I attended the Tennessee Education Association's convention at the Park Vista. I was worried after reading the reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised by our stay. Our room was spacious and clean. Room service brought us a fabulous breakfast. The catering for the conference was delicious with variety and a high quality of food. Hotel employees were friendly. The pool was clean and the mini gym was a nice surprise with the same high quality equipment my gym has at home. Our carpet was a little worn in the room, but it didn't bother me. The beds were comfortable. The ambiance in the lobby was nice. We felt totally safe and at home at the Park Vista. Definitely better than other places we've stayed in Gatlinburg. We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank belindai
Reviewed March 30, 2006

This was a family trip to Gatlinburg. We had four rooms booked with a credit card guarantee. We called the afternoon of arrival to tell them that we needed a late check-in and wouldn't be there until 10pm and to make sure they had our credit card number. They did and said it was not a problem -- or so they said.

We got there and the night manager, Miss Virginia, was unbelievable. I have never had an encounter quite like this one! She said that they didn't have our rooms. There were NO other hotel rooms available in the area and we had just driven several hours to get there. We didn't know what to do. We had four young children with us. She knew we were all related and said that there were no rooms. Then she said we could have three rooms after much, much arguing. People coming in after us were checking in and getting rooms. We were together and she wanted to sell one of our rooms to someone else to make more money for the hotel.

With all of the arguing and disagreeing there were no raised voices, no foul language, no name-calling, none of that. We simply wanted our rooms that were guaranteed with the credit card. She wouldn't answer our questions as to whether there were people in every room in the hotel. She was being very deceptive. She threatened to call the police on us and we told her to go ahead. We were not being loud or disrespectful and she had no grounds. She called the police and they came and did nothing because we weren't doing anything wrong.

We had to bunk together for one night and when we got to the rooms it was disgusting. The sheets on the bed were dirty. A roll-a-way bed was brought and there were feces smeared all over the sheets when we pulled them back. The toilets were dirty. It was truly disgusting.

I cannot even begin to tell you about this horrendous hotel. That is all just the tip of the iceberg. If you would like a clean hotel with friendly staff this is not the place to go!

• Stayed May 2005
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 27, 2006

SIMPLY PUT.. THIS HOTEL HAS BED BUGS! I was awaken on the morning of March 4th with at least a half a dozen crawling in bed with me.I notified the front desk and they had me change rooms. After notifying the general Manager all she had was excuses, actually mentioned that what I saw was LADY BUGS! She done her investigation and said she found nothing and said she had an exterminator come in and he found nothing.After I mentioned that I would like to come back up and see the night clerk on duty and discuss this with her she never contacted me again.THIS PLACE IS ABOUT TO FALL ALSO!!! The furnishings some of which are still there from when this hotel was built in the 70's. TRUST ME STAY ELSE WHERE!!!!!

• Stayed March 2006