Requested a room with a great view and received it. But of course, the current hotel management/staff had nothing to do with the great view! Compliments to the good Lord on that one!
1) Had to take my two sons through a honky tonk to get to our room. There's a bar in the lobby not separated from everyone else. No way of walking around without still breathing the smoke and seeing two alcoholics with their bare legs wrapped around each other. Try explaining that one to a child!
2) Requested a non-smoking room. But what good does getting a non-smoking room do if every time you open the door to your room smoke hits you in the face from downstairs? Or if you open your balcony door the smoke comes in under the door into your room?
Smoke rises people!
3) Water temperature in shower kept changing drastically from really hot to cold and back again. The shower wall hadn't been cleaned in forever.
4) There was a "Pot Party" going on in the room next door to us. My youngest son kept asking, Mom, what's that smell?! They had a drink glass left outside their door for 2 days! Where was housekeeping?
5) Mattresses and pillows were pathetic!! No sleep for three nights.
6) There were no wash cloths left for us during the last cleanup so I called downstairs...they sent us some up right away...THAT WERE DIRTY!. Somebody's mascara was still on it. It was also left on one of the itty bitty towels we had to dry off with.
7) Parking was awful on Fri/Sat nights because of all the "partiers".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Vista a DoubleTree by Hilton Gatlinburg hotel is known for its spectacular views and exquisite service. Overlooking the beautiful Smoky Mountains National Park and the quaint city of Gatlinburg, each guestroom has its own private balcony with amazing views. Conveniently located on the City’s Trolley Route, The Park Vista is only minutes from the many restaurants, shops and attractions that downtown Gatlinburg has to offer. And if your adventures include a visit to Dollywood Theme Park or a day of Outlet Shopping we are only minutes away! All guestrooms include a 42” flat screen television, refrigerator and wireless high-speed internet access. Other hotel amenities include:• In-room Dining• Business Center • Complimentary Wireless HISA in public areas• Spectacular Indoor Pool / Water Park• Outdoor Playground & Arcade• State-of-the-art Fitness CenterEnjoy your favorite beverages and appetizers, expertly created and served in our own Firefly’s Patio Lounge. Or relax and enjoy an enticing menu of freshly prepared Southern-inspired selections at The Vista Grill, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. With just over 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space as well as an executive boardroom, our professional catering and convention services team will insure a flawless and memorable experience for your next sales meeting, seminar, luncheon or social event. Whether your next visit to Gatlinburg involves a meeting, leisure or both, our friendly staff will always welcome you to The Park Vista a DoubleTree by Hilton with our signature, warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie and true southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Vista Resort
- Park Vista Gatlinburg
- Park Vista Motel Gatlinburg Tn
- Park Vista Hotel Tenn