Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Glenstone Lodge(Gatlinburg)
Belle Aire Motel(Gatlinburg)
Courtyard Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)
3,512 results
All reviewsdouble treecity viewpool areawarm cookieshotel restaurantbreakfast buffetbeautiful hoteltrolley servicefamily suitefire pitgreat poolkids loved the poolbunk bedsparking lothot tubthe smoky mountainsfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Our room was on one of the highest floors with a view of gatlinburg down below.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I was having mixed feelings after reading the reviews regarding the hotel. I decided to take a chance and try it myself and was glad I did. When my husband and I walked in we both were impressed. Lobby area is beautiful. Our check in was very smooth and attendant was very friendly.

I asked for a mountain view and got room 1318 and had a georgous view of the mountains for 62.99 using AARP. We were very satisfied with the room as well.

Trolley picks you right up at the door and will take you anywhere in the area.

We liked the fact that once we got there we really didn't need to leave. We had a pool, restaurant, lounge and beautiful view of the mountains. I was a little disappointed that the internet had a charge of 9.99 for 24 hours but alot of hotels are doing that now.

I would definately come back here again. My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much and we thought the hotel was great.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My family and i made a stopped to gatlinburg on our way to myrtle beach, south carolina on July 31-2 aug. First of all, finding the Park vista hotel was a challenged. after driving 12hours and 8pm, i called the reservation to give me a direction, the person who answered the phone sounded pretty irritated and didn't know what i was talking about, kept asking me what was the number of stop light did i turned from. Didn't realized the stop light has number on it. She sounded pretty confused so i ended up just hanging up the phone and my husband just got out of the car and found someone to ask.
When we arrived in Park Vista, the checked in counter was okay and give us the ey to our room. I requested moutain view , i got the first floor with the no view but the top pool building. The room itself was very outdated and smelled like a cigarettere smoke and musty, infact the bed covered had a cigarette burn, the balcony had wet geen molds on the floor. So i went downstairs, and asked the same lady that checked us in to change room, i was told they are in full capacity and no room availablel. when i told her about the smell of smoke, she told me, the hotel is non smoking but i told her the bed has cigarette burn on it. she then told me i can have the next room. it was getting late and we were all tired and had not eating dinner, so i just quit arguing and accepted it. The next room was same as the other one except has no cigarette burn. My husband just sprayed the room with his cologne and i turned the aircon in full blast.
The whole hotel is pretty outdated and sort of not safe. The pool area, there are supposedly lights hanging on without lightbulbs, pretty rusty and some of them are not even on screws anymore, cobwebs on the windows of the pool areal, dusty. The room outdated carpet, and some insects crawling on the floor.
Eleanor's restaurant was okay. we ate there for breakfast.
The view outside the hotel is excellent and breathaking, the trolley was the other nice feature of the hotel. It stopped by the hotel and can pretty much take you anywhere around the galtinburg, pigeon forge, smokey mountain and dollywood. Overall, i'll probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank arlenejustice
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Had the opportunity to attend my 20th year high school reunion at this property. After receiving the invitation to the event it mentioned special rates for room so I contacted the property to and booked a room with a king size bed. The reservation was completed a week and a half in advance. I then called on two other instances and verified my stay along with the room type as well, and each occasion a king size bed was stated. We then arrived at the property, checked in, and entered a room with two queen size beds. Made contact with the front desk and there reaction was "sorry this is the best we can do". I then called back and spoke with the manager and she then asked for names of the people and the dates that I spoke with them where they guaranteed a king size bed in my room. "She also stated sorry this is the best that it is going to get we are sold out."

The appearance of the room had not been updated for at least 10-years if not longer. Also the air was not working appropriately along with the noise from the air conditioning units below on the roof that cooled the conference area was terribly loud and also blew hot air straight up. Needless to say we ended up booking another room at a totally separate property we left never to return. This will be my first and very last opportunity for this property.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank FineVolFan
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I wanted to write this review because i'm tired of all the negative comments about this hotel. We always stay here, been at different times through the seasons and NEVER had any problems checking in, rooms were always clean, everything worked, and the food at Eleanor's was always GREAT !! I have read mixed reviews, and I thought it was time for someone to write a positive review for this hotel.. We love it and we will always stay at our Cozy Hotel :)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple