Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
MS
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

This hotel has a nice view and that's about the best I can say about it.
I made my reservations a month in advance and requested a room on the top floor. We arrived to the hotel and were told that there may not be any clean rooms yet but we could wait. I told her that was fine as long as I got the top floor as I had requested at which time she told me there were no rooms available on the 15th floor!! Why reserve a room if they aren't going to keep it reserved?
I knew there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room but I thought for sure there would be free internet and an auxiliary channel on the TV for the boys to plug in their video games. WRONG! Internet was $50 deposit and $10 per day and they do not have an auxiliary channel for video games...so I pretty much paid $130/night for a place to sleep with a view. Speaking of the room, the carpet had filthy stains, torn wall-paper and a bad odor (mildew-ish). The beds were ok but the blankets left a lot to be desired.
The staff was pretty much non-existent and when you did see or try to speak to them they dodged you like they were afraid you were going to ask them for help in some area. The morning we went to check out I opened the door to find a rod for a towel rack and one side of a toilet paper holder laying in the floor in front of our door. It wasn't from our room and I don't know where it came from.
Anyway, we checked out and were happily out of that place and will not ever go back.

5 Thank Nightmare49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

I had an average to below average experience at The Parc Vista Hotel and Convention Center at the beginning of July.

What I liked most about my stay at the PVHCC was the affordability of the restaurant and the little convenience store in the lobby. The exercise room was also pretty decent. I had breakfast one morning in the restaurant and it was very good, considering the price.

The hotel itself, and I refer you to other reviews, is in need of an update. The bed in the room I stayed in seemed well used and not very supportive if you like a firmer bed. Everything looked rather outdated, from the linens to the decor, to the carpet covered walls of the elevators.

There are two indoor pools, one for children and one for adults (up to eleven feet deep). The pools were okay, the chlorine was a little overpowering, and leaves from the indoor plants would get into them giving the impression that the pool wasn’t very clean.

I came on a very busy weekend and the hotel seemed continuously short staffed with long waits in line for the single person manning the check in/information desk.

The location of the hotel is its greatest detriment. It is situated on a hill above downtown Gatlinburg, far enough from it that walking is not an option. The road up to the hotel is not well lit in the evening, so I wouldn’t consider it anyway even if it were closer in distance. There are shuttles, but depending on traffic, they may not arrive in a timely manner and cost $0.50 each way/each person. There is very little parking in the downtown area, so driving is also an issue.

Overall, it was okay, not the best. There are newer, more conveniently located hotels in the downtown area that may be equivalent in price and easier to access the tourist areas.

1 Thank Alden-from-Chicago
Corydon, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

I have read the review's below some I agree with others I don't. I have stayed in smokey mountains for years, we have stayed at alot of hotels. The Park Vista was built in 1976, year I was married. It's older then some and cleaner then most. The service was top notch. The bell hop, yes a bell hop helped with unloading our SUV took all to the room. We had room 1313 mountain view for 79.00 a night. The trolley stopped right in front of the hotel, which really helped. 50 cents a ride! It's close to the park entrance. Our room was clean, our maid dervice was good, except for she could have left 4 towels instead of 3. Pools was clean & warm. Hot tub jets did not all work. They have a morning breakfast buffet for 6.98 with coupon. My girls seen a bear by the pool area, all the proplr jumped out of the pool to look. Riding down the mountain on the trolley they spotted 3 more. They do not have a frig. or microwave. The internet service is 9.99 not free. I would return again!!! Hotel was quiet, bed was comfortable, pillows was not. I always travel with my own.

2 Thank two_waters
Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

The hotel had great views of the Smoky Mountains. The room was large and had a balcony, but the towels weren't great quality. The hotel was a bit noisy, especially in the evenings. Wireless internet was $10 a day!

We stayed here because it claimed to have vegetarian options in the restaurant. It did not (bread and soup doesn't count!). However, the food was OK for a meat eater, and you could order pizza to room service (but not in the restaurant).

Hotel is convenient for the Smoky Mountains and there is a regular trolley service into Gatlinburg. I would recommend this hotel (for a meat eater) due to its location.

1 Thank TimmyDevon
Palmetto4
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

Arrived to room to find that some of the lights didn't work, the carpet was stained and the entire room smelled like mildew. After trying to take a nap after traveling, approximately 1 hour, we could not take the smell any longer...it caused both my husband and myself to have a terrible headache. The view was not that great either and their were limited elevators, which caused you to wait for 15+ minutes to get on. We finally found a room at the Garden Hilton in Gatlinburg and left the Park Vista and stayed in one of the best, if not the best, hotel. I would not recommend the Park Vista to anyone. However, I would highly recommend the Garden Hilton or the Bearskin Lodge...both very nice!!! When I went downstairs to inform the hotel that I was not pleased and was leaving...they didn't care and still charged me for the full night. They appeared to act like they were use to people leaving and making the same type comments I made.

6 Thank Palmetto4
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

I have heard lots of people talk about how wonderful the Park Vista Resort Hotel is supposed to be. From my experience, it is just a lot of hype. Don't get me wrong, the views from this hotel are amazing, and there is constant access by means of shuttle or trolley to downtown attractions, and there is ample parking provided to the Park Vista's guests. But as for ammenities, and service, many hotels far out do the Park Vista. For example, wireless internet is provided with a charge of $10 per 24 hrs. where as many hotels offer this service for free. Although we didn't go swimming, the pool looked really cool, fun, and clean.
During our stay at the Park Vista, we could not get the air to work properly in our room. The air condition blew cool air, but the humidity level in the room made it hard to get comfortable. The shower water was either scalding or cold, as we could find no in-between, and our bathtub didn't drain properly. Water pressure was good though. It was difficult for the housekeeping staff to keep up with the demand for towels. During our stay there was a cheerleading camp taking place (which was not an issue at all), but there was not enough towels for people staying at the camp and both house keeping and front desk were not happy with so many people requesting towels. They were very stingy with the towels, for example if you asked for 4 towels (because 4 people were staying in the room) housekeeping would bring you 3 towels and 2 washcloths (I guess we were supposed to share). Housekeeping also did not leave ample towels when cleaning - if they left any.
The Park Vista looked like an older hotel that had been updated in some areas to make it look more like a resort instead of the regular hotel it is with fact that they have conference areas available. Also I was not keen on the fact that it was pet friendly. Pet friendly is ok, as long as people clean up their pet mess.
Overall, I would give the Park Vista and average rating. As for staying there again - I will probably choose somewhere different.

1 Thank beachfanTennessee
ky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

i come on this site to research every hotel, before we travel. my daughter had a dance competiton in gatlinburg, alot of people were staying down on the strip and i was worried about our hotel. (i booked on priceline and got park vista) well let me just stay i am glad i got what we did, because the hotels the other parents where hat on the strip where dumps! park vista, ok, check in was fine they were training a new girl and she said they were running out of rooms, but she came right back with a room, the room was fine, nothing fancy but compared to what eveyone else was staying in it was great. the only issue was the door out to the balcony, it was hard to open, but that was great for my kids, because they couldn't open it if they had to! we were on the 14th floor , great view i guess, i am kinda down on the whole gatlinburg thing i just don't get it , i will never go back to gatlinburg. but if i did i would choose to stay at the park vista.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business