Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Stayed at Park Vista Easter weekend and it was so nice. The staff was very nice and the breakfast buffet was great ! Our view couldn't have been any better and we enjoyed staying in the room enjoying the scenery. We'll be back to Park Vista real soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,452)

Reviewed March 28, 2009

Good hotel for the money - but needs updating. Hotel is up a steep hill way off the main drag but is on the trolley line which is great - 50 cents a trip. We took that everywhere. It says balcony for every room with a view, but the balcony is very narrow - no chairs or anything would fit. The view is over the parking lot but you do see the mountains. Room seemed clean. Problem with the water in the shower changing temperature with no warning. Nice indoor pool for the kids. Really good fitness room I used a lot. We were on the top floor and never had problem getting an elevator. Nice bar with couple of big screen tvs and pool table right off the lobby. Restaurant on site which was okay - good buffet breakfast every morning. The chef makes your waffles, pancakes omelets etc to order at the buffet. Not sure if would stay there again since it's so far off the main drag. Right next to an entrance to the Smoky Mountains Natl Park which was cool. Drove in the park and hiked one day.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We stayed at Park Vista once and I kind of have mixed feelings about it. The hotel is nice and the swimming pool is very nice. The rooms were average. The one major problem I had was that we went when there was several kids there. They even apologized to us as we were checking in saying that it would be loud. I shouold have refused to stay at that point but I was like "how load can it actually be". Boy was I wrong. The kids were lined up all around the balcony yelling. I turned the TV up full blast and still could hear them outside. That first night was terrible. The second night was not all that bad but only because the police was called and the chaporones made the kids stay in their rooms. The staff could had alerted me to all of this when I was booking this hotel. But again they did apologize before I checked in. I guess I could have walked away then. So just think twice and ask the question about kids going to be there.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My family and I (husband and two teenage girls) discovered Park Vista a couple of years ago. We had a new puppy and didn't want to leave her home, and were searching specifically for a pet friendly hotel. The first time we stayed there we arrived around midnight, and there were several folks sitting out front enjoying the warm summer night air, in the rocking chairs provided in front of the hotel. Immediately, I felt the place had a "light" atmosphere. Upon entering we were very impressed by the lobby, lounge and restaurant area. There are several nice leather sofas and chairs to relax in. The lounge offers adult drinks, karaoke and lots of comfortable seating as well.

I do agree with some other reviews that the staff could improve their attitudes. We have stayed there at least 8 times in the past two years and each time the person at the registration desk was not very friendly. But that would be my ONLY complaint. Suggestion: Hire some happy folks!!!!!

Everything has always been clean. The beds ARE wonderfully soft. I have had two back surgeries and I love the beds there. I don't think they are TOO soft, though. They offer room service until late in the evening. The restaurant's breakfast is very good and at a reasonable price. We haven't had lunch or dinner there, but have ordered sandwiches via room service and it was good food, and the presentation was nice as well.

The pools and hot tub are awesome! The main (adult) pool is 11 feet deep!!! Rare to find that in a hotel. The hotel offers front door trolley service, but we usually just drive down (a couple of minutes) and park closer to the main Gatlinburg streets (even though we have to pay to park). They also offer a mini-store (snacks and drinks all night long) and a small gift shop. They even have an indoor aviary, ballrooms and conference rooms.

We only live about 2 hours from the hotel, so we sometimes take off on the spur of the moment and we have never been disappointed yet. It's not the Ritz, but it's nice!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank NCmountainviews
Reviewed February 28, 2009

We have stayed here many times over the years, and overall it is a nice place to stay. The Hotel however is starting to show it's age. It advertises wireless internet, but there is a 9.95 charge for daily use. Also the hot tub was out of commission. The breakfast at the hotel was kindof like hospital food, and some of the games in the game room didn't work right. The room had some ladybugs as well which my kids loved but I didn't so much. No place is perfect however and if you are going to stay there I still recommend it. The staff is great, the rooms are clean and overall even with some age, it is a nice place to stay. Just get a makeover Park Vista.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2009

My kids and I went to get away and we check in to this place. when we check in the front desk clerk was NOT at all nice. We ask where we could find a cart and they told us we would just have to look. After we got to our room I tried to call down to the front desk but the phone wire kept coming up plugged from the phone, once I held it in place and called to the front desk I ask for the room I reserved and they then told me all the rooms where the same I wanted a suite like that had a sofa sleeper in it.. So all of us would have a bed to sleep in. They told me I could get a rollaway for 10.00 a night..... Well then we decided to go get something to eat in the hotel we stood in front of the sign that said wait to be seated, we stood there for about 5 minutes and NO one seated up, so we went back to our room and ordered room service. It took them a hour and fifteen minutes to bring our food and they handed me the bill and it was $79.84 for 2 pot roast and bowl of alfrado noodles and 3 small salads and 3 sodas. My son tried to eat the roast beef and couldn't because it was to tuff and cold, he ate the mash potatoes the salad was not good it was brown and mine was the same way, my daughters noodles we cold and dried out..... I call back down for a refund and the finally gave me one... anyway they went swimming for a little while and came back to the room after about 30 to 45 minutes when my son started to get sick...... we ended up checking out of the hotel and they told me at the front desk they did know if I could have a refund, told me to call in the morning. The front desk personal should not have there jobs it that is the way they treat and talk to there customers. We check out about 12am to head back home cause my son was SOOOOOoooo sick and vomiting we drove 9 hours and he was sick for the next 4 days... I have not yet seen a refund of my money and I paid for a 4 night stay and wasnt even there 4 hours......... OH AND YOU HAVE TO PAY 10.00 A DAY TO USE THERE INTERNET.....

• Stayed: February 2009
3  Thank bulldogowner2
Reviewed February 13, 2009

We stayed at the Park Vista hotel over Christmas for 3 nights with our three children, ages 6, 5, and 1, and had a wonderful stay. When we walked into the lobby, it was tastfully decorated for Christmas with trees with white lights against wood furnishings and cozy arrangements. We instantly figured the rooms would probably be dirty since the lobby is where they put their money. We were pleasantly mistaken.

The room (double queen) was spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. They had a state-of-the art internet on TV system (for an extra charge) and the view from our balcony was amazing. Each morning we watched the clouds roll in like "smoke" over the Smokey Mountains that seemed to be just outside our room.

Probably the biggest hit for our kids was going up and down the glass elevators through the open, 15 story lobby. Even our 1 year old got a kick out of it. Our kids also enjoyed the pool and played in the various kiddie level pools for hours. We even tried out the playground which is simple but useful.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful--we asked for a higher level room and got put on the 14th floor, we asked for a crib and one was brought to us.

We ate our Christmas meal at their restaurant and while it was understandably short staffed, the all-you-can-eat buffet was so good! There was also a microwave in the lobby to heat up food, baby bottles, etc.

We used the 50 cent tram to get to downtown Gatlinburg one day (about 1 mile away) and of course our kids loved that. We could see the hotel from all over Gatlinburg so our kids thought we were staying in a castle.

For $76/night (booked from the hotel website) we felt we were treated to a great stay that was rather family-friendly. We'd definitely stay again!

Stayed: December 2008