We called a few days before arriving to confirm reservations. We asked if we could have a room on an upper level and told that would be "no problem". It apparently was a problem. We were given a room on the first floor with an awesome view of the loading zone and a glimpse of the mountains. At check-in I was told that there were NO other rooms available. This was around 3:45pm. We went up to the room and were immediately disappointed with the view. Upon further inspection we found a pubic hair on the bathtub, cigarette butts on the balcony and poop like stain on the bathroom floor.
We called the front desk to complain and again request a room change. We were told at this point that the only room available was the room next door. I asked what their refund policy was and they told me that if I wanted a refund, I would have to call Travelocity. I called Travelocity and explained the situation. They placed me on hold and called the hotel. The hotel told travelocity that they (the hotel) would find another room for us. Travelocity came back on the line and told me to call the front desk within 15 min and we would be moved to another room. We were satisfied with this and began to gather our stuff.
I called the front desk after about 10 min. The manager came on the line and told whom she thought was travelocity , but in fact was me, that there were NO other rooms available and that they would NOT be able to move "the guest". After informing her that she was speaking to "the guest", I asked about the room next door and was informed that that room was no longer available. I asked her to come to the room and see what we were upset about. She agreed to do so. In the meantime, I called Travelocity to inform them that they were not going to move us, request refund and find a different hotel. Travelocity puts me on hold again to call the hotel back. As I'm on hold, the manager arrives. We show her the view, she agrees that it's not ideal. We show her the cigarette butts and she said she would have housekeeping come clean the balcony. Then we proceed to the bathroom. We show her the pubic hair. She's upset about this, but makes the comment that it's probably from housekeeping. I dont understand what she meant by that and probably dont want to know. We then show her the stain on the floor, which to me looks like smeared poop. I didnt get close enough to actually see, but from the distance of about 4-5 ft...it looked like poop.
Well, after seeing all of that, suddenly a room on the 3rd floor comes available. The time is also getting late, and we're running out of options. We agree to moving to this room. The view wasnt stunning, but it was much improved. We gave a quick inspection. We didnt see any pubic hairs so we were good. Travelocity comes back on the line and says that they were not able to get anyone to answer their call back to the hotel. I explain what just transpired and thanked them for their help. Travelocity was very helpful.
We go and unpack a few things, get dressed and go out. We came back to the hotel and went to bed. Speaking of beds, if you LOVE SUPER SOFT BEDS, this place is for you. Personally, we thought they were awful. When we woke up and the covers were disheveled, we found a used ketchup packet, an empty soda bottle (not ours) and a pair of ladies panties (also, not ours). Upon this discovery, we were past our breaking point and left.
Recommendations for this hotel:
1. Better housekeeping staff and room inspections by mgt.
2. Better mattresses.
3. Honest employees.
Kudos to the manager though, she did try to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Vista a DoubleTree by Hilton Gatlinburg hotel is known for its spectacular views and exquisite service. Overlooking the beautiful Smoky Mountains National Park and the quaint city of Gatlinburg, each guestroom has its own private balcony with amazing views. Conveniently located on the City’s Trolley Route, The Park Vista is only minutes from the many restaurants, shops and attractions that downtown Gatlinburg has to offer. And if your adventures include a visit to Dollywood Theme Park or a day of Outlet Shopping we are only minutes away! All guestrooms include a 42” flat screen television, refrigerator and wireless high-speed internet access. Other hotel amenities include:• In-room Dining• Business Center • Complimentary Wireless HISA in public areas• Spectacular Indoor Pool / Water Park• Outdoor Playground & Arcade• State-of-the-art Fitness CenterEnjoy your favorite beverages and appetizers, expertly created and served in our own Firefly’s Patio Lounge. Or relax and enjoy an enticing menu of freshly prepared Southern-inspired selections at The Vista Grill, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. With just over 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space as well as an executive boardroom, our professional catering and convention services team will insure a flawless and memorable experience for your next sales meeting, seminar, luncheon or social event. Whether your next visit to Gatlinburg involves a meeting, leisure or both, our friendly staff will always welcome you to The Park Vista a DoubleTree by Hilton with our signature, warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie and true southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Vista Resort
- Park Vista Gatlinburg
- Park Vista Motel Gatlinburg Tn
- Park Vista Hotel Tenn