Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
New Knoxville, United States
“Change of plans”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We found this hotel to be an excellent value and even though it isn’t in downtown Gatlinburg the trolley is there every 15 minutes. I couldn’t find one complaint if I wanted to. We had a change of plans and needed to check out a day early and the second shift manager was very helpful in making those arrangements us.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Timothy B
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time. I will give pass along your compliments to our team!! We look forward to your next visit.

Melissa Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
Jackson, TN
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife had a bad customer service experience at this hotel over a year ago. When I complained about it, the management asked us to give them another chance to make a better impression. We were given vouchers for a two night stay and breakfast buffets for both days. Martha Ward, the executive administrative assistant was even gracious enough to extend the duration of the vouchers past the original 12 months (I had a hard time getting my wife to go back, even for free). So, this year I called to make a reservation for Valentine's weekend. Jennifer Evans, who I was directed to call to make reservation for the vouchers, said they did not honor them on high volume weekend dates or holidays. There was no such statement on the vouchers. I called Martha and the corporate office in Dallas to complain. Suddenly I had a call offering me a reservation for Valentine's weekend. Evidently it was just a misunderstanding, or as I explained to Martha and the folks in Dallas, the vouchers would have been effectively worthless. That being said, the weekend was one of the best experiences we have had at any resort hotel any time, any where. There was no rudeness or incompetence like my wife had previously experienced. Everyone on staff that we met was friendly, courteous, competent, and helpful. Martha had even left a card and a souvenir candle in our room. The breakfasts were great, and the view from our room of the mountains was wonderful. To top it all off, it snowed while we were there and made everything even more beautiful. It was a perfect weekend. At this point in time I can highly recommend the Park Vista for a couple's get a way.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, of course the better the view. I know Gatlinburg has dozens of pancake shops...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank swedoamerican
Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time . I will give pass along your compliments to our team!! We look forward to your next visit.

Galax, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hotel sits in very beautiful area atop a small mountain of its own. The staff were wonderful, helpful, kind, considerate. I have stayed here in the past and it is much better now. I was amazed that the TV had some family and christian based programming which i rarely find at other Double Tree hotels. Thank You. The meals were great

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank James C

Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed over night as we visited the area and could not have asked for a more enjoyable stay. The hotel has a wonderful view rooms are very nice and clean, and the staff are nothing short of superb. I look forward to visiting again, and will and have recommended it to friends and family already.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Bala S

Genoa, Italy
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Despite being on top of a hill, the view (suggested by the hotel name) is not so special. The rooms are large and luxurious, but the hotel lacks any mountain atmosphere (which is a shame in a place like this). There is nothing to blame about the hotel, but do not expect a not-to-be-forgotten experience! (especially if compared with the price).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mgialdini
Thank you for your response. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations with the view you received during your stay. We very rarely hear that the view wasn't spectacular being we are directly facing Mount LeConte at the highest elevation of any hotel in the area. With this in mind, could you please let me know the room you were in? It would help us for future guests. We hope you return and stay with us again.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Everything was nice. The only negative was the carpet in the room looked a little worn. I asked for the carpet outside of my room to be vacuumed when I first arrived because it had some scattered crumbs & such on it. It was never vacuumed for the 3 days that I was there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your response. We appreciate the feedback. I have passed your comments onto our Executive Housekeeper who you can be sure will take corrective action. Once again thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon!

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I visited Gatlinburg for the first time this past weekend as a quick trip to celebrate our 3-year anniversary. We enjoyed a beautiful drive through the Smokies, and it was such a cute touristy mountain town!

When I made my reservation over the phone with the hotel directly, I requested a King, mountain view, at the higher rate for the best view. When I received my confirmation e-mail, I was booked for a King city view, so I called to have the reservation corrected... yet I still ended up with 2 queens, mountain view, at the lower rate. Also, I was told that there were chairs on every balcony to enjoy the views, which was not true. (All of this was fine - see below, I would have notified the staff otherwise - just be aware when booking.)

Pros:
The locations is great - although it is not downtown, it is close enough - took us about 3 minutes to drive downtown.
Although the hotel does show age, the furniture in the rooms has been recently updated, so the rooms are in decent condition.
The shower was nice, and the Crabtree & Evelyn sundries smelled wonderful!

Cons:
The on site restaurants are average, but pricey... this seems pretty typical, especially of room service.
The staff was not overly friendly by any means.The notes on the reservation stated that we were celebrating our anniversary, but it was not even mentioned... we have always traveled on our anniversary and typically made to feel very special.
Our room's sink had an issue with drainage... perhaps could use some drain-o - but wasn't too bothersome since we were only there one night.

Tips:

1) They do charge for Wi-Fi, but they use AT&T Wi-Fi, so if you are an AT&T customer, you get it for free.
2) Since I got a lower rate room (611), I can only speak for this view specifically. The balconies are very high, and concrete, so the view isn't a huge deal. I found the the view I could see (above the balcony ledge, on the 6th floor) was perfect. You can enjoy the views around the grounds. We were in the farthest room to the right on the mountain side of the hotel (see the star on my pic). I have also posted a picture of the view, as well as a picture of the view looking down - again, not a big deal, since ALL of the mountain view rooms will have a view of the parking lot if you look down.
3) Take the trolley downtown so you won't have to pay for parking.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay... this definitely appeared to be one of the top 3 hotels in the area.

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay the higher rate for the "better view" unless you want to be on a top fl...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Timmar317
Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with service and hospitality. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact our offices directly.