“Location - Location - Location”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is nice and the location is unbeatable! My room was nice and clean. The towels were oversized. The front desk clerks were very nice and helpful. There is an ATM in the building. The Trolley picks up and drops off at the hotel. The downside to this hotel is the internet isn't free and there are little brown bugs all over the balcony. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Renee H

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved this hotel! The location up and away from the horrible traffic of the commercial "strip" of stores and restaurants was a big plus for us. Being at the edge of the Smoky Mtn National Park was another big plus and provided a great mountain view. Yes, there are ladybugs; but that's nature and they don't hurt you. The decor was beautiful - the woodwork, the cabinetry, the curtains, the carpet, etc. etc. All so nicely done. And clean. And such an unusual building - circular with doors opening to a central space. Glass elevators take you quickly up and down. Beautiful Arts & Crafts woodwork and detailing in lobby area. The breakfast buffet was a little disappointing, not as good as we'd hoped for at this level of hotel but other than that we loved it here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our team!! We look forward to your next visit.

Travel Safe,

Melissa Jones

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is average because it seems it needs a little bit of a deep cleaning. It's a clean hotel, but lots of dust etc. I thought this hotel was located within walking distance to town and it isn't, but the view is beautiful. The cookies are awesome!! The hotel structure is beautiful and then again it just looks a little old. My husband wanted to cancel this reservation and find another hotel last minute, but decided to stick it out for a night. On a side not the staff is extremely nice.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This stay was so disappointing. The location of this hotel, while not walking distance to 'the
strip', has magnificent views. That is why I didn't give this hotel a lower rating and where the 'wow factor" ends. The room was very average, but it did have a nice large TV. The remote was all taped back together, but it did work. The towels had holes in them....not small ones, larger than a quarter actually. The water took 10 to 15 mins just to get hot. I called the front desk and they said this was due to not many people having checked in yet. Ok, weird. After 10 mins of running the water, it finally got hot enough for a shower. The toilet didn't flush well, the frig didn't cool well. The ice bucket is small and doesn't keep the ice from melting. The restaurant got my dinner order wrong and she didn't seem to want to correct the issue, so I just ate it as it came. All of these things are small...but there were so many small issues it equaled a large issue. The worst part of the trip was that I specifically asked to not be in a room near the elevators or vending machines because I'm such a light sleeper. They put us 3 doors down (Rm 1319) from the elevator and we heard that noise (whirrs and bangs) all night. I'm exhausted, so the next day was ruined. Other issues I didn't like...no free WIFI, they chg $9,95/day for that. So, I went without it on principal. We will never be back, that is for sure.

Room Tip: Get a room far AWAY from the elevators.
8  Thank Lucy C
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Overall a GREAT stay - but I have to tell you a few concerns and pleasant surprises...room 1517 - very top floor
Walked in room to see a bug on the bed...it was a small beatle (like a black lady bug). Walked out on balcony to see they were EVERYWHERE and inside our curtains, on the floor, and ceiling. Called front desk to ask what they were - they are beatles the park releases to help the dieing trees - hotel not allowed to kill them, was advised to keep the balcony door shut to keep them out (mind you, I paid more for the balcony). My husband and I killed as many as we could in the room, but I woke up at 3:45am with one on my hand...I was PISSED! I spoke to the front desk the next day, they immediately sent a lady up to sweep up any bugs in our room - she did a GREAT job. The bugs were still all over the balcony and we had to be careful when we went out as they would always get in...but they didn't swarm. They were more on the glass and when you opened the door they would get in the room. The hotel food is AMAZING - every person I encountered was very helpful and nice - the pool was fun and clean - the towels at the pool are very nice and big - the room was great...a little small; but fine. The beds were clean and the overall room was clean. My 3 year old loved the pool, the elevators he could see out of, the bird cage in the lobby, and the life-size stuffed bear in the lobby. Very fun place, I would stay again, probably wouldn't pay for a balcony though.

Room Tip: I would call to ask about the beatle bugs...if they are there I would NOT get a room with a balcony...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IndyGal01
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The view was the best part of this hotel. Although check-in was at 4 PM--we were not allowed to check in until 5:30 PM because the room wasn't cleaned yet. While cleaning, they neglected to clean the patio of cigarette butts, glasses from the lounge and hundreds of beetles. This hotel could be great, but one didn't get the normal customer service found in a Hilton hotel. The restaurant appeared to be run separately from the hotel. Here, also, food and service were just AVERAGE, but prices were ABOVE average. We would not stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Deidre J
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Good hotel. Close to the entrance of the Smokey Mountain National Park with excellent proximity to Gatlinburg dining. Rooms have good views of the mountains or the lights of the city. Great for a family. Trolley stops at the door to allow easy access to dining and shopping in Gatlinburg without requiring you to drive through the chaos of Gatlinburg. Hotel had an outside fire pit as well as indoor swimming pool. Very popular hotel. Definitely the best hotel I stayed at in the area.

Room Tip: For the best views, try to get a room on one of the higher floors. Our Oct 13 stay, our recent room...
1  Thank sk221202