Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The room was clean, hotel lobby very nice, with beautiful views. Very convenient to everything. Trolley takes you right to downtown Gatlinburg and short drive to hiking trails.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to us here at the Park Vista. We can't wait for your next visit. Thank you again for your review...

Director of Revenue

There are newer reviews for Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree for a married couples retreat. Overall my experience with this hotel was good. The location is excellent to the Gatlinburg strip and the view of the mountians is beautiful. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was clean with the exception of the carpet, it was full of stains and needed to be cleaned. I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

2  Thank Allen & Delphin... E

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry the carpet had a problem, we are currently having them professionally cleaned. The staff really appreciates the good feedback we will be sure to pass it along. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel was very dissapointing, expected a lot more service and cleanliness for the money. Certainly will not be staying there again. The staff were very friendly but the room in general was not so clean and you can get more help with your arrival at a Holiday Inn Express than I recieved at the park vista. Meals were O K but a little overpriced. A pot of coffee to take up to your room, and I'm not talking room service was 12.00. Overall certainly not what I expected for the money. 192.00 a night.

8  Thank Robert L

Thank you for your review, I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations with the cost of your room and meals. We do have several promotions that have been running and will continue throughout the year which you can find prices well below $192 a night depending on the dates you are looking. You can also always contact me directly on property so I can assist you with finding any promotions that we could be running at that time. We always have our Bed and Breakfast package available which includes breakfast for two each morning which you might find to be of value. We do hope you will try us again when visiting the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel is in a BEAUTIFUL location, get a mountain view with a balcony, it is lovely. However, the rooms are old and tired. No executive lounge for Hilton gold and diamond members. Only gave one breakfast coupon per day, when there was 2 of us (HH benefit is 2). When I asked the front desk if there was an executive lounge I was told "I don't think so". Woke up at 4AM one morning very thirsty, went to the front desk to see if I could get a water and was told to go to a vending machine.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your response. We truly do appreciate the feedback. The Park Vista just went through an 11 million dollar renovation two years ago, and we continue to rejuvenate our property every year. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations with our decor, but we hope this will not deter you from visiting us again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you are in Gatlinburg for something other than the tourist attractions on the main drag, this is an excellent location with beautiful views and outdoor spaces. While you may not be able to walk to town from the hotel parking lot, you are close to back roads that will take you to parking without having to spend too much time dealing with the traffic on Parkway. The views are spectacular. The pool area is excellent for all ages, and great fun for the children. The hotel backs up to a National Park motor trail that has many points of interest and walking trails of varying difficulty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review for our future guests. We really appreciate the feedback. We look forward to a future stay.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

After driving 3 hours, we were tired and really wanted to get in our room and relax. I knew we were arriving early for the 4PM check-in (it was 1PM) but decided to ask at the desk anyway. The woman was very nice and called housekeeping to check for cleaned rooms - there was only one room available on the 1st floor, which we declined (we wanted a "view" room). Instead we opted to go to the lobby restaurant, have lunch and kill a little time. We loved their lunch selections - spent about 1 1/2 hours chatting with the staff and eating, then went back to the front desk to ask about our room. Unfortunately we weren't able to add our lunch bill to our room because we hadn't checked in yet. It was around 2:30 when we went back to the desk and they still had NO rooms to offer us. So the lady at the desk put a "block" on a specific room for us and told housekeeping (for the 2nd time) that we were patiently waiting in the lobby. This routine went on every hour until exactly 4:05PM when our room was magically "clean" and ready for occupancy. We are Hilton Honor's Members and travel quite often - many times arriving earlier than the posted check-in time. I can't ever remember waiting in a lobby for 3 hours while they cleaned a room - and the housekeeping staff knew we were waiting!!. Once in the room, we noticed that the ice bucket lid was missing. We called 2 times to request the lid and still never received it by the time we checked out. Also, I could write my name in the dust on top of the desk and there was way too much mold on the grout in the tub (how long did it take them to "clean" this room??). When I noticed that I had no "service" on my cell phone, I asked the staff where I could find the pay phone. They have no pay phone, so they offered me their desk phone if my call was local. Since I was calling out of the area, we had to ride the trolley into town, just to make our call. Our whole stay was just one inconvenience after another. I wouldn't recommend this hotel until they have revamped their housekeeping staff and gain control of their hotel.

1  Thank FloridaBuzz

Thank you for your response. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations and that you had problems with your stay with us. The time that you stayed with us, we had been sold out back to back and our housekeeping staff tries to best they can to turn the rooms around to have them ready by 4pm check in time. I apologize that you had to wait a few minutes beyond the check in time of 4pm. I know how frustrating it can be to have to wait for a room to become clean, especially when you had requested for an early arrival. Again, thank you for the feedback and I will pass along your comments to our Executive Housekeeper who will look into the speediness of turning the rooms around for early arrivals.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I know there are a lot of very positive reviews for this hotel and there are many positives. The rooms are a little worn but nice and the view is beautiful but that is about the best we can say. It started with check in which was a fiasco.... Check in was at 4pm but by the time we were able to get a room it was about 5:30pm and the room we originally had was swapped to someone else who did not like their first room. So that was the room we got. The wait was because they were"refreshing" it making sure it was "perfect" per the manager. Well it wreaked with bleach smell covering up an offensive odor that was bleeding through if you know what I mean.... Then there was the coffee maker that malfunctioned which literally left my wife's tongue black for most of a day. Reported to the front desk they were going to replace the coffee maker which do not believe ever happened... Then at the pool no towels despite calls to the front desk my multiple guests over the course of nearly an hour. Had to get 2 hand towels from the gym to dry my 5 year old and leave so not sure when they arrived. The shuttle was a little sporadic and slow. There is a $5 come and go all day parking near the convention center on Historic Nature Airport Road (or something like that). Overall the hotel was fine, just disappointed in the service and management. Also, if you book through a third party such as Expedia, Hotel.com etc...I would be careful as this location originally had problems with the reservation when we booked and another guest had an issue asking them to double pay due to the records after they had paid in full. I am a Hilton Honors member and generally like Hilton properties but we will pass on this one in the future.

Room Tip: The higher the better for great view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations and that you had problems with your stay with us. Could you please email me the date of your stay so I can research why you were given the room you had mentioned, so we can fix situations like this moving forward? My email is mjones@parkvista.com. Again, I apologize for your inconvenience.