Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Evansville, Indiana, United States
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed this beautiful hotel. It was very clean, had a great pool area, and wonderful views of the mountains. The front desk / check in staff were not very friendly but everyone else in the hotel made up for their rudeness. The restaurant had excellent food. The service of all the restaurant / bar employees was extremely friendly and helpful. This hotel is not on the main Parkway and you will have to drive to the Parkway and pay to park or ride the trolley. Our family enjoyed the fact that it was away from the congested downtown area and we didn't mind paying to park ( $8 - 10 ) with no time limit.

2 Thank Shannon B
MelissaDJones, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry you had a problem with our front desk staff, I sincerely apologize. Thank you for your compliments on the restaurant, I will share your comments with the staff. We hope to see you again.

Melissa Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We absolutely love staying at the Park Vista. This was our first time staying and we had a great time.The city & mountain view are both breath taking. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Love, Love that the trolley will pick you up at the front door!! The indoor swimming pool is great for the kids!! The rooms were spotless and the added warm cookie at check-in was the icing on the cake! We plan on many return stays at the Park Vista!!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank jennifer0383
Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a great time!!! We look forward to your next visit.

Melissa Jones
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a former Sheraton and sits way on top of a hill. You will either drive to dinner and suffer parking, eat at the hotel, or take a trolley (Every 30 minutes) or go hungry. No one I know can hike to the hotel from the parkway. Checkin was fast and efficient. They do honor Hilton Hhonors programs

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Robert H
Taryn B, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thak you for your response. We appreicate the feedback. We are our own piece of the smokies where we are located and I'm sorry you had a problem with transportation while you were with us. Thank you again for the response.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I love Gatlinburg, we have stayed in at least 7 of the hotels downtown, the Park Vista is by far the worst. I have never been so enraged by the way a manager has treated me.
We checked in 10 minutes ago and I'm already writing this review and I literally never right reviews. So you know it was bad.
When I called in advance to reserve our room before I booked it I asked what floor, the person on the phone told me it was one of the higher floors. In a hotel with 14 floors would you think 4 is a "higher one?" My husband and I don't. When I asked the lady at the front desk if there was anything else available because of what we were promised on the phone, she ignored me completely and handed us our keys and said, "your on the 4th floor."
We decided to go up and check out the room, the keys didn't work. So when we went back down to the lobby we thought the other receptionist might actually acknowledge what we were speaking to her. She was the rudest person working in hospitality that I have ever spoke to. Basically she just said well there is nothing I can do. So I asked to speak to the manager, she tells me she is the manager. I can't believe what was supposed to be our last and best stay in Gatlinburg (absolutely the most expensive) was by far the worst place EVER! Other surrounding hotels may not have the location this one has but what they lack in location at least they treat customers like customers.
When I asked the floor manager what she could do to make it right she said "well, there is nothing I can do. I can offer you free wifi." This place is a joke! Do yourselves a favor and save some money to be treated like a human being.

We will never be back to the Park Vista. We have sent lots of our friends and family to TN, referring places for them to go. I will not hesitate to share my experience here with others. That's no way to treat a guest, and no way to spend a vacation writing bad reviews.

Thanks for reading.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
13 Thank Kchnt
Thank you for your response. I apologize for the problem with your reservation. I apologize if you felt that I was rude to you in any way. That was not my intention, I was only trying to explain how your reservation was booked which was in our standard guest rooms. I hope you did enjoy your stay with us.
Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Nice place with friendly staff and great views. Pool is great for kids of all ages, ... with water slides. Between the fresh mountain air and the extremely comfortable beds you'll want to snug in!! Only down side is that this hotel is built on a ridge of a mountain and during busy times you may have to walk a short distance in the parking area. However, the atmosphere was well worth it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it. We agree our beds are some of the comfiest!! Thank you again.
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel was very nice and tastefully decorated. Rooms were clean and charming. Beds comfy. Got a mountain view room. View was awesome! Soaps and shampoos were nice. All public areas clean and very nice. Lounge was great. Plenty of comfy seating in lobby areas. Ate dinner at restaruant once. It was very good.- but not outstanding. It was pricey, but you pay for the convenience of eating in the hotel. Glasses for water were small and they could have done a better job of keeping them filled. Comfy towels. Their plumbing needs some attention. Had to call maintenance twice for two different issues -and they were prompt to fix the problems. Staff was courteous. Liked the location -quiet and remote, but yet very close to get to everything. Would definitely stay here again in the future. Had a famiy trip with teenagers and they really enjoyed it also.

2 Thank Tammy B
Thank you for your response. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm so sorry that you encountered a problem with the maintenance of your guest room. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Crossville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great location. The staff is very helpful and take the time to direct you around. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The best thing about this hotel is the pool. Indoors and with two water slides. The kids loved it, and didn't want to leave...could have made that a vacation in it's self. Room service was prompt and the pizza was very tasty, and you get a free pitcher of coke with every in room order. Overall we will for sure return to this hotel on our next visit. And one more thing. The view is awesome.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Herschel M
Thank you for your response, we're so glad your family enjoyed their stay with us. We agree our pizza is a hidden gem that we have here on property. We can't wait until your next stay with us when you are back in the area. Thank you again.