“Off the main drag, WAY off”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #16 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
“Off the main drag, WAY off”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a former Sheraton and sits way on top of a hill. You will either drive to dinner and suffer parking, eat at the hotel, or take a trolley (Every 30 minutes) or go hungry. No one I know can hike to the hotel from the parkway. Checkin was fast and efficient. They do honor Hilton Hhonors programs

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Robert H
Taryn B, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thak you for your response. We appreicate the feedback. We are our own piece of the smokies where we are located and I'm sorry you had a problem with transportation while you were with us. Thank you again for the response.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I love Gatlinburg, we have stayed in at least 7 of the hotels downtown, the Park Vista is by far the worst. I have never been so enraged by the way a manager has treated me.
We checked in 10 minutes ago and I'm already writing this review and I literally never right reviews. So you know it was bad.
When I called in advance to reserve our room before I booked it I asked what floor, the person on the phone told me it was one of the higher floors. In a hotel with 14 floors would you think 4 is a "higher one?" My husband and I don't. When I asked the lady at the front desk if there was anything else available because of what we were promised on the phone, she ignored me completely and handed us our keys and said, "your on the 4th floor."
We decided to go up and check out the room, the keys didn't work. So when we went back down to the lobby we thought the other receptionist might actually acknowledge what we were speaking to her. She was the rudest person working in hospitality that I have ever spoke to. Basically she just said well there is nothing I can do. So I asked to speak to the manager, she tells me she is the manager. I can't believe what was supposed to be our last and best stay in Gatlinburg (absolutely the most expensive) was by far the worst place EVER! Other surrounding hotels may not have the location this one has but what they lack in location at least they treat customers like customers.
When I asked the floor manager what she could do to make it right she said "well, there is nothing I can do. I can offer you free wifi." This place is a joke! Do yourselves a favor and save some money to be treated like a human being.

We will never be back to the Park Vista. We have sent lots of our friends and family to TN, referring places for them to go. I will not hesitate to share my experience here with others. That's no way to treat a guest, and no way to spend a vacation writing bad reviews.

Thanks for reading.

• Stayed June 2013
13 Thank Kchnt
Thank you for your response. I apologize for the problem with your reservation. I apologize if you felt that I was rude to you in any way. That was not my intention, I was only trying to explain how your reservation was booked which was in our standard guest rooms. I hope you did enjoy your stay with us.
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Nice place with friendly staff and great views. Pool is great for kids of all ages, ... with water slides. Between the fresh mountain air and the extremely comfortable beds you'll want to snug in!! Only down side is that this hotel is built on a ridge of a mountain and during busy times you may have to walk a short distance in the parking area. However, the atmosphere was well worth it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it. We agree our beds are some of the comfiest!! Thank you again.
Indiana
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel was very nice and tastefully decorated. Rooms were clean and charming. Beds comfy. Got a mountain view room. View was awesome! Soaps and shampoos were nice. All public areas clean and very nice. Lounge was great. Plenty of comfy seating in lobby areas. Ate dinner at restaruant once. It was very good.- but not outstanding. It was pricey, but you pay for the convenience of eating in the hotel. Glasses for water were small and they could have done a better job of keeping them filled. Comfy towels. Their plumbing needs some attention. Had to call maintenance twice for two different issues -and they were prompt to fix the problems. Staff was courteous. Liked the location -quiet and remote, but yet very close to get to everything. Would definitely stay here again in the future. Had a famiy trip with teenagers and they really enjoyed it also.

2 Thank Tammy B
Thank you for your response. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm so sorry that you encountered a problem with the maintenance of your guest room. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Crossville, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great location. The staff is very helpful and take the time to direct you around. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The best thing about this hotel is the pool. Indoors and with two water slides. The kids loved it, and didn't want to leave...could have made that a vacation in it's self. Room service was prompt and the pizza was very tasty, and you get a free pitcher of coke with every in room order. Overall we will for sure return to this hotel on our next visit. And one more thing. The view is awesome.

1 Thank Herschel M
Thank you for your response, we're so glad your family enjoyed their stay with us. We agree our pizza is a hidden gem that we have here on property. We can't wait until your next stay with us when you are back in the area. Thank you again.
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Overall I enjoyed my stay except for a few minor grievances. The view from our room on the 14th floor was gorgeous! I took many photos during different times of day. The room was very clean, the LCD TVs are huge (with HD channels), and the beds are pretty comfy. The food in the hotel restaurant was mediocre - it could use some improvements. I did like that it stayed open until 10 pm which was nice. The worst part of my stay was the sound from the elevator which makes a noise that sounds like a vacuum cleaner turning off and on. It was annoying to me but my parents didn't hear it (they are elderly). At night I used a white noise machine and cranked up AC which covered the sound.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators as they are loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank oakblue
Thank you for your response, we appreciate the feedback. I'm so sorry you had a problem with elevator noise in the hotel. I hope this will not deter you from coming back and seeing us again. We're so glad you were able to take lots of pictures from our guestrooms on your vacation. Thank you again.
Sturgis, Kentucky
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is an extremely nice hotel and exceptional staff. I would definitely stay here again. This was my first experience here. My parents have stayed here several times. The rooms were exceptionally clean and nice. The view was breathtaking! The price was not outrageous!

1 Thank ladytrucker2007
Thank you for your review. We're so glad we could exceed your expectations and look forward to your next stay. Thank you again.