“Fabulous 50 Birthday Get-a-way”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Rogersvilee, United States
“Fabulous 50 Birthday Get-a-way”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is clean and great views of Gatlinburg. Pool is clean. View is breathtaking. Convenient transportation via the trolley to downtown. Beware of the driveway leading up to the hotel. Internet access in your room is not free unless you are Hilton Honors Member or AT&T customer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMParkvista, General Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Faith E;
Thank you for staying with us and congratulations to the birthday guest! Glad you enjoyed your stay. All ATT customers with ATT WiFi at home do get complimentary service in our hotel, along with certain levels of Hhonor's members. Of course in our public space, the lobby, restaurant and lounge everyone has free WiFi!
Thank you and Happy Birthday!
Jackelyn Schafer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at the Park Vista and really loved the rooms and the modern decor. The kids enjoyed the swimming area immensely! The warm cookies at check in were to die for and the ice cream in the evenings really hit the spot. Thanks for the awsome stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christie C
Monroe, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay, very nice hotel, only complaints, we didnt recieve our cookies (granted we did arrive around 11:30 p.m), and there was a bunch of highschool kids there for a music festival, they took over the pool. Everything else was very nice, beautiful views, and our room was very cozy. Housekeeping was very friendly and always greeted us if they saw us in the halls and made sure our room was clean. Will be staying here again.

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed April 30, 2013

First of all, let me just say that going from Average to Very Good in the overall rating makes no sense, so I marked this experience as an Average one because I just can't say it was "Very" Good.

I don't travel a whole lot, but, when I do, check-in is usually at 3 PM. This hotel has a check-in at 4 PM; not too big of a deal, but when we got there at 4:05 PM to check-in, they told us our room was still being cleaned. The first woman I spoke with was pretty callous about the situation, telling us to step aside (in not so many words). She just said, "There's nothing I can do right now. Thanks." Not, "I'm sorry that your room is not ready, here's a voucher for a free dinner, if you'd like to go wait in the restaurant across the room." That would have been the ideal response to our situation, but she just basically cast us aside for the next person in line.

So we're just standing there in the lounge area, waiting....and waiting...and waiting. 30 minutes go by, and we ask again (this time it was a different woman at the desk). She tells us they haven't even started cleaning it yet. But the other woman told us 30 minutes ago that they were in the process of cleaning it. So we have to wait again....and we waited...and waited. Meanwhile, other guests were able to check-in without any issues and were able to go to their rooms. 30 more minutes go by and finally our room is ready. I let the manager know how frustrated I was about this. It's not like they didn't know we were coming. We booked several weeks in advance at a nonrefundable rate, and they didn't even seem to care or really tell us what to do other than wait. They should have told us exactly where to go, and that they would come let us know when our room was ready. We shouldn't have had to keep checking at the desk for ourselves. The manager eventually offered us a voucher for a free breakfast for my wife and me, and called it a "great value". That was the least they could do. The breakfast was not that great either. The pancakes (I'm gluten-free anyway, but still) were pale, the bacon was soggy, and they offered no vegetables outside of some diced tomatoes, onions, peppers and stuff like that for a freshly cooked omelet, which, in hindsight, I should have gotten.

The hotel itself is beautiful from an architectural standpoint. The rooms are pretty nice, too. The hotel overlooks the city, but we didn't get a room with a view like that. We got a room with a view of some mountains, but it wasn't anything to awe over. Because I like nice rooms, I would consider staying here again, but I will definitely call in advance to make sure my room is ready first.

3 Thank jamestrenda
Taryn B, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations and that you had problems with your stay with us. If you could please e-mail me directly I would like to speak more in depth with you. my e-mail is tbaroffio@parkvista.com. Thank you again for your review.
JOHNSON CITY, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times (more than ten). Have always been extremely pleased with quality of facility and staff. At check in the staff was, as always, very friendly and professional. Even treated me with to a warm cookie. The rooms were very clean and spacious. As always, I reserved a room with a mountain view. Nothing like getting up early and experiencing God's wonderful scenary. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to us here at the Park Vista. We can't wait for your next visit. Thank you again.
New York, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2013

For a knowable quantity when visiting the Great Smoky Mountain park, the DoubleTree does the trick. Don't expect any bells and whistles here. You get a nice sized room, clean linen, mostly quiet and a great shower. Little things like water in the room, robes, slippers etc are not offered. Not big on cleaning counters and showers, which is annoying. Kind staff. Biggest turn off: no free internet. I don't know what else Gatlinburg has to offer, but this is a safe port.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

3 Thank Cheryl P
Thank you for your review for our future guests. We really appreciate the feedback. We look forward to a future stay.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a very nice clean hotel with a beatiful view and friendly staff. 1 of my most favorite this about this hotel besides the view is that theres a trolley that comes to the hotel every 30minutes and it only costed 50 cens per person and it has takes you to all the hot spots in gatlinburg so we didnt have to worry about driving. Im going to book this hotel again next week because im going back to gatlinburg in Sept. The only negative thing that bothered me a lil was the parking at night, it seems like parking could be a issue during prime season in Gatlinburg. This hotel has alot to offer. The cookies we recieved during check in was great and also served warm.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view room on top floors on your first visit when making reservations