Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Everything was absolutely amazing! Front desk staff was very kind, shuttle service is super convenient, the pool is really nice! The restaurant has really great prices but the wait line is always so long. They only use half of the tables, 1 or 2 people at the breakfast buffet and a wait line of 13 parties? They need to get it together, hire more people. Oh and faster cooks. Last night the entire restaurant waited more than an hour for dinner.

• Stayed: March 2013
Taryn B, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your response, we appreciate the feedback, I'm so sorry you had a problem with the restaurant. I hope this will not deter you from coming to see us again in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the end of February, 2013. Clean rooms and quiet as the hotel was not busy this time of the year. Nice location up on a hill side. Note that you would probably need to take your car to go down to the main street for shopping and dining out. Many other hotels are down below, just off the street. There are plenty of lounge chairs and couches around the lobby and bar for socializing, as well as multiple computers for use. This is a circular building, so rooms have a balcony. We liked this feature, for we were there for the cold weather and some snow. Nice indoor pool with a slide and separate Jacuzzi. Gatlinburg is a great location in the Smoky Mountains, especially if you have children. We were there for hiking, with nice accommodations close to the national park. No roughing it here at Park Vista, enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris N Lorie B
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a short weekend away in Gatlinburg. The hotel was very nice and a great location in Gatlinburg. The room was clean and comfortable and the view of the town was very nice. An A+ stay at the Park Vista!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Overall, very good hotel .A few things could have been better. Had spacious room but we pd. for that -$220. nightly.Had 2 boys with me, had no privacy when getting cleaned up. The toilet/shower actual area was tiny. Had to stand in vanity area to dress & make-up. Also,we called from room for coffee for the next AM- twice- it was never brought even though a telephone recording advised us to call since we declined room service. We still love this hotel. Have stayed here 3 times. Internet/WiFi should be free in rooms for the price.

Room Tip: We won't chose this particular room again. King bed suite, sleeper sofa for kids. Bathroom was l...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on a girls weekend trip. The room was perfectly appointed. So girly, but we loved the hair dryer! Beds were very comfortable, right next to the Smoky Mountain Park, and just a block from downtown gatlinburg, though the hotel is up on a hill with a very winding and long driveway so you probably won't want to walk to the downtown area. The pool is very family friendly with water slides (all indoor) The hot tub is not large for the size of the pool area, but we never had a problem getting in. The breakfast was a little below standard compared to other Hilton properties. If you don't have the vouchers, I would go somewhere else. But overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank sandic1968
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'll try to be brief. And please understand that I am not a "complainer", but I feel I owe it to future travelers to share my thoughts. I travel often for business and pleasure. I took my wife to the Park Vista for a quick getaway from our home just an hour away. Check in was easy. Room was clean and spacious. Nice view. We got in bed at 11:00pm and immediately heard what sounded like a train whistle coming from our patio door. After turning up our noise machines all the way and wearing earplugs...we realized the sound was so high pitched, nothing would drown it out. It was a persistent whistle that got louder and louder. I AM NOT JOKING...IT WAS LIKE A TRAIN WAS IN MY ROOM! The only solution that "helped", was opening our sliding door, which then let in 30 mph winds all night long. Needless to say, basically no sleep. The bad review - I went to the front desk on checking out and clearly told the clerk about our experience. It was immediately brushed off with a trite "Sorry". I then pulled out my phone and played the video/audio clip of what the sound in my room was like the night before. Her eyes got big, but she only just said, "sorry, it's really windy here in the mountains." I honestly CAN'T believe that people don't complain about this every night. I am posting the video clip on this site under my profile. Before you ever stay here, please watch this clip. Do not spend $200.00 to stay in a train whistle studio.

Room Tip: i would preview your room before unpacking your bags, if you do have the misfortune of staying here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank woodniph

I am so sorry you had a problem with the noise from the wind while staying with us. Our engineers are actively searching for a solution to cut down on the wind noise but I am still sorry you had to experience these problems while you were with us.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Away from the busy main street of Gatlinburg. Exceptional mountain views!!! a must stay for family with children. Indoor pool a wonderful feature during winter vacation. Trolly service that takes you around the area in minutes and works best at minimal price (.50cents)/person.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family