“Happily Ever After!!!”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Happily Ever After!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The park vista is amazing! On October 28th my husband were married at the hotel! It was everything I've ever dreamed of! Christine Kohn, who is their event planner is the real deal. She took so much stress of of me and organized our gorgeous ceremony! Our room was our honeymoon sweet and they had chocolate as well as all kinds of activities around time that the hotel had gathered up for us! I felt like my stay mattered to them. It snowed 22 inches on top of the mountain and they closed it, it got very cold and our heat stopped working in the room, we called the front desk and within minutes the guys from maintenance came up and switched out the whole unit, mind you it was 10:30 pm, there was no we will fix it tomorrow, it was done right then. This hotel is the real deal and I will always stay at the park vista every time I'm in Gatlinburg!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Taryn B, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
We want to thank you for your review and thank you for choosing to have your wedding with us here at the Park Vista, I will pass on your compliments to Christine. We look forward to hosting your family for many years to come.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
Oolt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and sits high up on a hill overlooking the city. We tried to check in at 4:00, the posted check in time, but the room was not ready. We came back at 6:00, the room was still NOT ready. We checked back at 6:30, and it STILL wasn't ready. We finally got in our room around 7:45. There was a large group of kids here making noise all night and playing in the glass elevators.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dale T
We want to thank you for taking the time to review us and apologize for the problem you experienced with a late check-in. We are so sorry for this and hope this will not deter you from choosing to stay with us again in the future.
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My kids and I joined another family to visit the area. We decided to try this hotel to allow the kids plenty of pool time. The pool was great for our 6 and 8 year olds. They could have stayed there all day...plenty of space even when others were joining us. There are 2 slides in two seperate pools, zero entry with water spouts, kiddie pool, hot tub, water falls...great low key alternative to the larger water park hotels.

The hotel itself is older. The family joining us had been there over 20 years ago, so it's a little dated. However, they have obviously updated in areas. The lobby was beautiful...especially since it was decorated for Christmas. Our room was ok...again, "older". We slept GREAT, beds were VERY comfy. The bathroom is tight with toilet and shower seperate from the vanity. The room is larger than most hotel rooms and furniture is considered upscale. The balcony was nice. I would ask for the mountain view next time though.

I read reviews before we visited and several commented on the "wind" noise. I believe it's actually the elevators. When we were going to bed the first night I actually thought we were under a whirlpool room or something. The noise would come and go, but it was very audible. I am pleased to say that the air conditioner is great because we were able to turn it on and the noise from it's CONTINUAL RUNNING blocked the elevator noise. (The air didn't go off and on automatically as some rooms do.)

Any and all staff we encountered were GREAT. We even had a maintenance issue with the shower which was fixed easily within 30 minutes of me reporting it. I reported it before breakfast and it was fixed when we returned! WOW! Breakfast was good but NOT FREE!?!? I knew it wasn't free going in, but it's still kind of disappointing that an "upscale hotel" means that the extras COST. This and the fact that our room was "nothing fancy" is why I would stay here again BUT I won't pay some of the prices I see it advertised at.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room away from elevators although it may not help with the noise since the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We want to thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your comments and I have passed your room concerns on to our engineering team. We are so glad your families enjoyed the pool and your stay. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We decide on the Double Tree at the last minute. Being a Hilton we did not think twice. Great overall value. We had breakfast included for four at a really good rate. Restaurant was great for breakfast. Location was secluded but just a few minutes away from downtownn and the action.

The property sits atop of a hill and has a very nice view of the town or the Smoky Mountains. Rooms are OK, nothing to write home about. Fairly clean.

Very friendly staff and good service.

Room Tip: Ask for your preferred view. If facing the town make sure you are not blocked by the trees if in a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Taryn B, Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your time and review. We appreciate the feedback from our guests.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My cousin and I stay at the hotel every June with our kids. Just the moms and the kids, we book the family suite that has two rooms which the children love and so do the adults.. it gives us our space. We never have to wake the kids up for the breakfast buffet, they are always the first ones to the elevator. After a day of sightseeing, we always end it with the pool. The kids love the huge water slide, the adults love the hot tub. The views are gorgeous, the service is excellent and I'm not ashamed to say we actually get depressed when we have to leave. Access to the trolley is better than driving, kids can rent video games and the uniqueness of the hotel can not be denied. We will be lifelong customers, every summer!

Room Tip: If you have more than one child, spring for the family suite. The extra room is awesome and gives ki...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your kind words, we really appreciate the feedback and look forward to many more visits with your family.
Corbin, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We absolutely love The Park Vista!!! Not only is the Hotel gorgeous, views out of this world but they have an awesome pool area!! There is something for all ages. For the kids, and the adults who still act like kids, there is a large pool with a fast big slide and for the smaller children there is a wading pool and a slide. They also offer an arcade room complete with an Air Hockey table. They offer a wonderful breakfast with the best omelets. There is friendly and courteous staff throughout the hotel including their restaurant!! As you can tell my family are big fans!! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The tops floors are the best because the views are AMAZING!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad we can be a part of your families vacation time. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Coming from working at 4 Diamond Resorts..I wanted only the best. My husband and I were attending a wedding there and trying to sneak in a small vacation. Since I had never been to Gatlinburg, TN I was at the mercy of reviews and the staff. Before, booking our first vacation away from kids I called the resort and asked a few question. Every time I called I was greeted with a warm friendly person who had patience of an angel. They even went above and beyond and mailed us brochures with things to do while in TN. When we arrived we were greeted with a nice surprise of an upgrade and yummy cookies. The rooms were clean and tasteful decorated. Needless, to say we are in the mist of planning another vacation with the Park Vista and this time we will bring the kids. Great places for anyone..plus the wedding was amazing too!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the great comments and look forward to having your family with us the next time you are in Gatlinburg.