“Park Vista is a nice hotel with beautiful views and well appointed rooms.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Jackson, Tennessee
“Park Vista is a nice hotel with beautiful views and well appointed rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Park vista has gorgeous views of the mountains and Gatlinburg. Very steep road up to the hotel and hotel is NOT is walking distance of the shoppes in Gatlinburg. There is a trolley that runs but it stops at around 6pm so not exactly Convinent. Outside of the hotel is older looking but once inside it is very nice. I called at around 1pm to see about an early checkin and was told yes, our room was ready. Upon arrival though, fourtyfive minutes later, we were told it wasnt ready, and to please wait twenty or thirty more minutes. Which would have been fine..... But since the hotel was half empty, I would expect that the patrons that are there would be placed in the best available rooms. Our room, a "mountain view", was as far over as it could get to the side of the hotel that wasn't facing the mountains without actually not facing the mountains... If we walked all the way to the far edge of the balcony and leaned out slightly we had a beautiful view!! I know all the rooms can't be perfect but if there's a better room available and no one in it I just feel like it should be used before the others. Anyways, the room was nice. Bed was comfortable, soft. Everything appeared clean. There were two beer cans in the corner outside on the balcony but things get missed sometime, .so no biggie. The pool area was awesome!! Two slides down into the pools. Large sitting area by pools and on a balcony above the pools. Christmas decor was up inside the hotel, festive and pretty. There is a sitting area outside the small bar where there was a firepit going. It looked warm and inviting but we didn't partake. Overall, it was a nice stay. Would stay again, hopefully with better mountain view next time.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Taryn B, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments, about the property. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
Greeneville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel was very nice,clean and relaxing, But, I had a pair of pants taken from my luggage and I have a friend who realized she was missing a cell phone charger. We contacted the hotel/ Laundry Manager to make sure these items were not ACCIDENTALLY picked up with houkeeping and housekeeping supposedly searched for items which were not found. I will not stay at this hotel again due to the hotel making light of the situation. My pants and the cell phone charger were stolen and the hotel dismissed the situation. I would not want this happen to anyone else although the items were minor!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Christy S
Taryn B, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I would like to take a moment to apologize for the problem you experienced with us here at the hotel. I understand my Executive Housekeeper personally checked for your items and we did not locate them. We take theft very seriously at this property and I can assure you that the staff member that cleaned your room has been with us for a very long time with no problems. I apologize once again that we did not locate your missing items.
Johnson City, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was a very pleasant hotel, even though, I was here on business. The staff was great and their service was superb. All the times I have visited this area I never knew about this hotel and location. It has a very nice view of the mountains and what sits below is the view of Gatlinburg. The rooms are nice and view from the balcony is very relaxing. I would stay at this hotel again; I had a great time here, it truly is a hidden jewel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Taryn B, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your response, and we appreciate your feedback on the property even if you had to have a working vacation. We hope to see you again soon.
Dayton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary in Gatlinburg and this was the perfect place to stay. We had a city view room on the 13th floor. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable. You can tell the hotel on the outside is a little older but the inside has been renovated and exceeded my expectations. On our next trip, we will be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and will be coming back to see us in the future, and once again Happy Anniversary!!
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We checked in the Sunday after Thanksgiving for 2 nights. We were given a king room on the 14th floor with a mountain view. Because of hubby's status with Hilton we were also given coupons for free continental breakfast for each day and free internet. The room was spacious & clean, the view was gorgeous! We didn't notice any stains or mold in the room or in the hallways. The firepit was very nice, but it was cold Sunday night so we didn't stay out very long. We had no problems with the staff..everyone we came into contact with went out of their way to speak to us and provide us with anything we requested. We enjoyed the hot tub and yes, there were towels available in the pool area. I would give a higher rating but the mattress was not the most comfortable & the heating unit was loud, but not loud enough to keep us awake at night!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We appreciate the feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for being a Hilton Honors member.
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This was our second time staying here. We recommend staying here to anyone looking for a nice, relaxing getaway. The rooms are clean & renovated beautifully. The hotel bar is quiet & relaxing also. The pool area is great for adults & kids! Overall fantastic experience!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your response. We appreciate the good comments and hope you will come visit us again.
Jackson, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

It is a real shame. This is a beautiful location and a nice facility, but it is very poorly managed. I have stayed here numerous times. This week my wife's agency has its employees attending mandatory training there all week. During lunch on Wednesday, my wife was served some tough, gristly beef. She had just decided she would have to skip lunch when she became choked. As she was passing out, one of her co-workers performed the Heimlich and saved her life. This was in the main dining area. Staff saw it occur. No one with the hotel has ever checked on her or said anything about the incident. I am at the other end of the state. I sent flowers to her. Staff could not take them into her class at 3:30, so they said they would take them to her room where she would see them when she got out at 4:30. They did not. They left the flowers sitting somewhere until after 5:30. Meanwhile My wife had come and gone as some co-workers took her out that evening for shopping to cheer her up. When I complained, the desk manager said she would comp my wife a breakfast for the next morning. The next morning the desk told my wife she was lying, that there was no record of any comp for her. When I called to check on this, the employee who was supposed to have issued the comp was snarky in tone with me. She said she would issue my wife a $25 gift certificate to the gift shop. When my wife came to the desk, she issued her a $20 gift certificate instead, and was snarky in tone with her, acting like she was looking for a handout. Most places would have been checking on my wife's health and emotions, most out of professionalism, the others out of trying to avoid a lawsuit. Not the Park Vista. Their response was a mix of ignoring, neglecting,passive agression, and lying. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told that the manager was on vacation this week and unavailable. When my wife asked to speak to one, she was told that he was tied up in an appointment with the auditors. I will never recommend this hotel to my friends again, which is a real shame, as it is a nice property in a great location, just suffering for poor management.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank swedoamerican
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. It is very unusual that anyone of our staff members is rude to our guests and I can assure you that I have spoken to the front desk staff regarding your comments. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel welcome during their stay and leave satisfied. We apologize for the proplems you experienced as we did not know about your wifes food problem. Again, please accept my apologies and I hope that you will consider staying with us again..