Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We paid a bit extra for the beautiful mountain views described by the web site. What we got was a view of small mountains across Gatlinburg. I was expecting a much better view of the mountian range. The room was very spacious and everything was fine. The restaurant was medicore at best with a limited menu, ok food quality and ok service. This was our first trip to Gatlinberg and most likely our last as far as staying there. When you have to pay up to ten dollars parking just to get something to eat I think that's a bit overboard especially when the parking is not even convenient to where you want to eat. Our next trip there will most likely be us staying in Knoxville and driving into the Smokey's and maybe Gatlinberg. I could have saved a couple of hundred dollars. Lastly when going into the Smokey's pack some food. There is nowhere to eat once your inside the park, just an FYI.

Room Tip: Stay in Knoxville and save your money.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cardiacattack
Write a ReviewReviews (3,414)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a wonderful stay as well as overall awesome experience at The Park Vista in Gatlinburg and will definitely plan on staying again. The staff are all very friendly and right there for every need that you might want at anytime. It was myself, my husband and our 10 year old daughter and all of us want to go back again. We had a room on the highest floor and the view was breathtaking and upon a quick and easy check in we received warm chocolate chip cookies which upon entering our clean and beautifully maintained room it was nice to relax and eat, especially for my daughter. That did not last long we immediately had to go down to the pool/splash/slide area which was also very nice looking and clean surrounded by all windows with upon looking out gave you the sense you actually were in the middle of the woods and to many lucky viewers as ourselves also got to see a bear just wandering around HIS area and we got a real close up interaction with a wild bear (thru glass of course) which is how us as I am sure the bear wanted it. That was pretty special and although they did tell us we "Might" see one it was not guaranteed as well as warned us about there presence upon arriving we were pretty amazed that we were chosen. Our whole family plan on spending more vacations there and I would highly recommend this hotel for the stay, the atmosphere as well as the overall experience..Trust me YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

Room Tip: If heights do not bother you definitely get a room at the top the view with a balcony it is definite...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We picked the Park Vista for our first annual mother daughter get away weekend and we weren't disappointed. The views from the hotel are spectacular. Our room had the view of the mountains but for our next visit we will pick the city view as you get the best of both. The room was very comfortable and clean. Bedding and pillows were awesome. The bar area was nice with seating around the fireplace. They also had a fire pit on the outside patio area which was great. Pool was clean with a water slide and hot tub. Staff was very friendly and responsive. They offer trolley rides down to the main road so there is no need to drive your vehicle once you get there. Will definitely go back for another stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed in this hotel years ago and was very disappointed. I returned last month to give it another chance knowing that Double Tree had taken over and based on Tripadvisor reviews.

This is certainly one of the nicest hotels in Gatlinburg. Very comfortable beds in nicely equipped rooms. Excellent views. nice restaurant and bar on site. Incredible indoor pool area with 2 (small) water slides. The only downside to the hotel for me is that it is not really walking distance to the main street in downtown Gatlinburg. But the trolley will pick you up at the hotel door!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed last weekend with my 2 younger boys and we loved it. I always stay at Hilton properties when I travel and there is a reason why. Always clean, well maintained, friendly etc etc.
The indoor pool here is great. Very warm, 2 levels and 2 slides. Kids loved it.
Room was very nice and a great view. All the facilities were well maintained and staff was great. Awesome breakfast in the grill area.In the evening the bar and patio with fire was very nice.
We will stay here again. It is also tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Gatlinburg and very close to some great hiking and waterfalls. We loved it.

Room Tip: Select view of the mountains
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My best friend held her wedding here as a destination wedding. Although it rained for a planned outdoor wedding they did a spectacular job of dressing up an interior ballroom last minute. The staff was all very helpful and friendly. While I found breakfast a bit pricey, the food was all fresh and well prepared. The wedding meal was hot and they kept the buffet well stocked. Each table had their own server. Our server was friendly, efficient and happy to serve. I know my friend was very pleased with all of the recommendations from the wedding coordinator and everything went off without a hitch. They were very happy to accommodate everyone's needs. I would have preferred a room higher than the 4th floor, but the room itself was clean, the bed was comfy and everything was well appointed. I was surprised at the size of the flat screen tv! Finally, we thoroughly enjoyed the evening fire by Firefly's (the bar).

Room Tip: Try to get above the 5th floor if you have a parking lot view, but we still had some amazing sights...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Loved this newly renovated, round hotel! The shower/bath area was a little tight, if you are very tall, this could be a problem. There was adequate sink counter space for me and my 3 friends. The beds were comfy with many pillows of different firmness. I loved the white comforter. The view from our 12th floor was absolutely breath-taking as we were up before sunrise. As the sun rose, you could see the awesome Smokey mountains....as I said.."breath taking"!!!! The resturant was adequate. We had a late night dessert which was very delicious and tasted homemade! I will certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are the best view of the mountains...the higher the floor, the better!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business