“Best in Gatlinburg besides a cabin”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is great. I remember staying here as a kid when it was under different management and it was nice then. However, with Doubletree taking over they have really transformed this hotel into a great place to stay.

When you check in they have a chocolate chip cookie fresh and hot waiting for you. The rooms are very nice with modern decor and very comfortable beds. The lobby bar has great service with good drinks. And the pool is fantastic, all indoor with a big waterslide and little watersilde which kids will adore all year round.

The location is just a bit out of town up the mountain, but that is what gives you the amazing views. Make sure you get a room on the south side of the hotel for the best views! Even up the mountain if you are in decent shape it is no more than a 15 minute walk from the corner of Airport Rd and the Parkway.

A great place to stay for sure!

Room Tip: Get a room up high and also on the south side of the tower.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the view, the balcony, and the large indoor pool with slides. The view is amazing. We were on the 12th floor in a family suite. The balcony is not useful. Condensation drips and makes a puddle so you can't stand on the balcony. When we arrived the water on the balcony was sour smelling and the floor of the balcony had green slime. Housekeeping cleaned it but the water continued to drip onto the balcony. The family suite was a great decision. The parent's room was large and comfortable. The kids room has 4 bunk beds and a half bath with a large TV and the Wii system. You get to check out 2 Wii games from the front desk at no extra charge. We had the breakfast buffet each day which was excellent. The staff in the restaurant was very friendly and helpful, but stretched too thin. The big water slide in the pool area was shut down and we were told that it was scheduled to be repaired on August 7 (after we left). That was a big disappointment for me. We could have stayed at a hotel without the indoor water slide and saved a lot of money.

Room Tip: High floors have a beautiful view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela H
GMParkvista, General Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Angela H;
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us in Gatlinburg. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your family suite. Unfortunately our waterslide was undergoing an emergency pump replacement and the parts were not readily available to us in this area. We did take immediate action to repair once the necessary parts were received. Please accept our apology for any disappointment or inconvenience this caused you. We have addressed the issue you mentioned with the water on your balcony, however we’re sorry that it was not corrected sooner. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance if you return to our area.
Travel Safely
Jackelyn Schafer

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very nice place with a very inviting lobby with computer stations to book your next adventure. The restaurant is adjacent with lots of windows which showcase the main attraction, the mountains. Great food and service in the restaurant. You can get food at the bar, which was a great place to hear about all the adventures from other visitors. It also seems very kid friendly with lots of things to amaze little ones, like the glass elevators, bird center, full sized stuffed bear, and indoor kiddie pool. The adult pool was not very big and the slide was not in service, but there was also a small whirlpool. The grounds are beautifully maintained with an outdoor fireplace and patio next to a playground with swings. The rooms were nicely appointed with balconies and glass to appreciate the view from above the city. Trolley service runs round the clock so you can have fun without the worry of having to drive.

Room Tip: Rooms above the seventh floor have the best views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We arrived 7/30/12....Our first impression was great! My husband, myself and our 7yr. old neice had a wonderful stay. The hotel was very accomodating for our daily needs. The staff was friendly, helpful. The location of the hotel was excellent! Close enough to downtown Gatlinburg, but far enough that it was quiet and peaceful once you returned for some down time. My husband and I have been to Gatlinburg several times and have always stayed in cabins, this was our first time staying in a hotel. If we decide to return to TN, this (area) and a cabin is not an option, I will insist we stay here! We enjoyed the warm cookies at check in and check out. The warm chocolate chip cookies are a nice touch to welcome folks to your hotel. As for the amenities, (kids) they have a nice outdoor play area, arcade room, and swimming area. I'm not a swimmer and could care less about indoor or outdoor pool. However, our niece was happy with what she had to work with. The big slide was broken, but the pool was still available so you win some you loose some. Overall we were happy, we made nice with other families and most importantly we will be back! Our room was clean, everything worked! We enjoyed the view from our balcony.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had a wonderful stay, loved the chocolate chip cookies and late checkout. Our room had a beautiful view during the day but a night it was simply breath taking!
Only complaint was slow elevator service, but one was out of service during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived today 8-4-2012. Typing from the room-
Before we arrived I had called a couple times to get assistance with Zip Line Businesses and a couple other things to do. I do not remember the lady that helped me but she was super nice and more than happy to help. She recommended the best one that we could find from research of reviews. My point is, I think she takes her position seriously and honestly tries to help people make fun decisions for their vacation.

The day before we arrived I noticed on Tripadvisor that the large slide in the pool area was broke down. We picked this hotel mainly for the pool area. I called to confirm and they were very upfront and the lady I spoke to even asked if she could put me on hold and call maintenance. She did and came back on the line and apologized but as of Friday(8-3-12) morning the large slide was still down due to a pump they hadn’t received yet. Almost cancelled but decided I had been to Gatlinburg 30+ times in the last 20 years so what the heck. I always wanted to stay here and now that I have kids, we are going to do it.

I also knew ahead of time that Wi-Fi is an extra charge. Honestly, we run into this a lot being I travel for work. I don’t find it that strange.

HERE WE ARE!!!!
Very pleased. Extra nice people work here. George was SUPER HELPFUL at check in. Room was clean....We checked in a little early. We requested extra towels and when we got back from lunch they were here. There was also a message confirming we received them. We are much happier here than downtown. We have been to Gatlinburg many times and unless the wheels fall off we will be back. The media center/computer area in the lobby is very inviting. The lobby will be fun to sit and relax this evening.
Our air conditioner is actually too cold at its coldest setting so we are more than pleased with that. Basically, we had no surprises and are happy at this point. I guess I could find a few issues but I won't bother looking. it is a hotel room!
I hope my review is just as positive when we leave. I would not be afraid to stay here at all. It's not a 5 star by definition. I have been in nicer places but this is a good solid 4. When we check out I will refer our room number.

Room Tip: We prefer the city view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KIOhioGuy
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great hotel for a couples stay, Jacuzzi suite perfect for privacy, ambience of hotel very romantic. There are so many great things to do in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, and Park Vista is in convenient location to see them all but be away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists.

Room Tip: Try to book for the 14th or 15th floor, the view is amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple