“Beautiful Views and relaxing stay!”

Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Beautiful Views and relaxing stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had a wonderful stay, loved the chocolate chip cookies and late checkout. Our room had a beautiful view during the day but a night it was simply breath taking!
Only complaint was slow elevator service, but one was out of service during our stay.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived today 8-4-2012. Typing from the room-
Before we arrived I had called a couple times to get assistance with Zip Line Businesses and a couple other things to do. I do not remember the lady that helped me but she was super nice and more than happy to help. She recommended the best one that we could find from research of reviews. My point is, I think she takes her position seriously and honestly tries to help people make fun decisions for their vacation.

The day before we arrived I noticed on Tripadvisor that the large slide in the pool area was broke down. We picked this hotel mainly for the pool area. I called to confirm and they were very upfront and the lady I spoke to even asked if she could put me on hold and call maintenance. She did and came back on the line and apologized but as of Friday(8-3-12) morning the large slide was still down due to a pump they hadn’t received yet. Almost cancelled but decided I had been to Gatlinburg 30+ times in the last 20 years so what the heck. I always wanted to stay here and now that I have kids, we are going to do it.

I also knew ahead of time that Wi-Fi is an extra charge. Honestly, we run into this a lot being I travel for work. I don’t find it that strange.

HERE WE ARE!!!!
Very pleased. Extra nice people work here. George was SUPER HELPFUL at check in. Room was clean....We checked in a little early. We requested extra towels and when we got back from lunch they were here. There was also a message confirming we received them. We are much happier here than downtown. We have been to Gatlinburg many times and unless the wheels fall off we will be back. The media center/computer area in the lobby is very inviting. The lobby will be fun to sit and relax this evening.
Our air conditioner is actually too cold at its coldest setting so we are more than pleased with that. Basically, we had no surprises and are happy at this point. I guess I could find a few issues but I won't bother looking. it is a hotel room!
I hope my review is just as positive when we leave. I would not be afraid to stay here at all. It's not a 5 star by definition. I have been in nicer places but this is a good solid 4. When we check out I will refer our room number.

Room Tip: We prefer the city view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KIOhioGuy
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great hotel for a couples stay, Jacuzzi suite perfect for privacy, ambience of hotel very romantic. There are so many great things to do in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, and Park Vista is in convenient location to see them all but be away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists.

Room Tip: Try to book for the 14th or 15th floor, the view is amazing!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family stayed at the Park Vista from 7/22 through 7/29. This was our second stay, and it was overall a great experience. We called the evening before our check in date to request the highest floor possible, and the woman that answered the phone was helpful and told us she made a note on our reservation, but to call again the next day at 11am to be sure. We called at 11am the following day as instructed, and that woman told us that we had a 15th floor room already clean and ready for us to check in anytime we wanted. Sweet! We ended up checking in around 2pm, and the room was indeed clean and ready for our arrival. We went on a little tour of the hotel to the pool, etc. right after checking in since this was my stepson's first time there, and by the time we got back to the room about 20 minutes later, a front desk employee had already called and left us a message asking if our room and view were ok and up to our standards. (We requested a city view and it was beautiful, and also got a little bit of mountains in our view too) All staff members we encountered were very friendly and helpful, especially George the doorman (not sure of his exact "title"). He greeted us several times throughout our stay and was always very friendly and nice. We ordered room service once for breakfast and once for dinner, and both were great, although a little pricey after delivery charges, etc. The guy that delivered our breakfast even called about 15 minutes after delivering to make sure everything was good and that we didn't need anything else. My stepson had an accident one night, and all we had to do was leave a note for housekeeping to please change the bedclothes the next morning before we headed out for the day, and they did without a problem or any additional charge, although we did leave a $10 bill for the inconvenience. (They do have waterproof covers on the beds to prevent stains.) Housekeeping was great during our stay. Our only complaint was that the room floor wasn't swept at all, and could have used a sweeping at least once during the 7 days we were there. We did see people sweeping the hallway floors, though. The room did stay pretty warm, never getting below 69 even during the night, and the hallway of the 15th floor stayed really warm and humid. We kept the curtains closed in the room most of the time, so that helped keep it a little cooler. If I had to choose again, I would probably choose the 12th or 13th floor instead, but we were kind of expecting it to stay warm on the 15th floor because it was nearly 100 degrees outside on any given day, and air conditioners can only do so much. We could hear faint noises from the elevator at times, but it wasn't too loud. The beds were comfy and we still had no issues sleeping! The pool and little arcade were favorites for my stepson (and hubby :)) We utilized the help from the hotel on making reservations for the Dixie Stampede and Titanic Museum, and they were very helpful. We also saw some turkeys in the parking lot as well. Overall, a great stay at a great hotel! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Call at 11am the morning of check-in to request a higher floor room if you want one!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stephanieh31
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We booked this hotel for a quick family getaway for the kids. What attracted us from their site was the indoor mini water park (water slides) and the moutain views... Needless to say upon arrival the main water slide was taped off (not functioning) so it couldn't be used! Major disappointment ! Especially when there were so many other hotels that offered water slide/pools as well. On a weekend, you would have thought they would have made the effort to make sure it was in working condition.

The noise from the A/C or Mechanical area is inside the room we stayed in was a little loud (especially noticeable while trying to sleep). Also the drainage pipe from the A/C leads right onto the balcony which didn't have an adequate place for the water to drain. Therefore, it left lots of standing water on the balcony that couldn't be enjoyed (to watch the view). Stepping out there your feet/shoes would get soaked!

All in all, the best thing were the "warm cookies"...always was a fan of the Doubletree warm cookies. Maybe we just caught them on an off weekend, but first impressions are everything and needless to say, we won't be returning to this location. Glad others had a good experience and I hope those going forward will have an experience just a pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Traveler72012
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The view was fantastic. The front desk staff was nice. The quality was middling. It started with no one directing us toward the elevators when we came in with our bags or offering assistance. They were standing right there, chatting with each other. The room was cleanish. But there were ground in foodlike stains on the carpet. The grout in the shower was dirty. The showerhead wasn't attached to the wall. It sort of pulled forward when I tried to adjust it. The pool was depressing. The slide was broken. The water was cloudy. There were spider webs and mildew everywhere you looked. Jacked-looking lights or heat lamps hung sadly from the ceiling. There was an overall feeling of backwater 80s Holiday Inn.
However, the location is great and there is a tram stop out front. Drop the price a bit and I would feel better about this experience. You should get better than Comfort Inn quality for that price. Or maybe call it a Singletree?

Room Tip: Make sure you are higher than the second floor if you want a view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amy H
GMParkvista, General Manager at Park Vista - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel - Gatlinburg, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Amy H;
Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay. I certainly will share your view of our room with our housekeeping staff. Unfortunately our large slide did break down recently and it has taken us a few days to get the appropriate parts for repair. Hope you will stay with us again when you visit Gatlinburg; I assure you your concerns will be addressed.
Travel Safely
Jackelyn Schafer
Duffield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is a great hotel for couples or for a family. The room we stayed in was very, very clean! The atmosphere of the hotel is very welcoming. The pool area is beautiful, a very nice place for all! Of course the cookies are always great! The only downside was having to pay for WiFi. It might cost more than other hotels, but remember you get what you pay for! We are definitely planning to return!

Room Tip: Get a high floor for a better view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple