“Good Clean Sleep”

Baymont Inn & Suites Gatlinburg On The River
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just stayed to nites for an short getaway. Stayed here last year also. It is a mile walk from downtown Gatlinburg. The hotel has been going thru a continuous remodel. We stayed in a room w king bed & fireplace. CLEAN, NO BUGS. The bed was ok, plenty of pillows. Good breakfast. Some road noise, as it does sit right on the road. The internet was unreliable and the parking is not the best. I would stay there again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had to make a short trip to TN and needed a place to stay on short notice. We usually stay in cabins when we visit the Smokies. The staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and had a good amount of space. The air worked very well, these are the things that are very important to me when I look for a hotel! The balcony over looking the river was very nice we enjoyed that alot! The breakfast area was a little small, but the food was hot, good and plentiful. On the down side, the traffic noise from the road in front of the hotel was kind of noisey at times.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The breakfast area is way too small. I could literally eat off my neighbors plate. We ate a the FlapJack Cabin right up the street instead. Staff friendly. I don't usually write reviews but as I travel more I see how important this is. If you are looking for a 5 star swanky hotel, keep searching, but for value and cleanliness to get you through a short stay and you don't plan on being in the room much, this is your place.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a 5 star swanky hotel, keep searching, but for value and cleanliness to get y...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank VacationJunky30008
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and odor free. While there was a bit of road noise, that is to be expected in a high traffic area. I actually thought the river was louder than the road but nicely blocked by the quality of doors used. The view from the balconly was fantastic. We spent some time in the evening and morning out there. The balcony is actually where we had the best internet reception. I had hoped we would be a little closer to walking distance from the main drag but with the trolley stop being about 100 feet from the hotel and worked perfectly. We were told there was a fee to ride but neither driver collected the fee.
Continential breakfast consisted of Biscuits and gravey, waffles, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, apple and orange juice, 4 kinds of cereal, assorted breads and Krispy Creme Donuts. I agree with other traveler's as the dining space was small. The food offered was fresh, hot and plentiful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Pulled in on a whim and gave this one a try. I had a travelers coupon book coupon for $39 or $49 dollars with a $10 additional fee during the months of June and July. I asked about the special price and they said they didn't have any rooms left at those rates but said they could upgrade me to a $99 king with fireplace and jacuzzi tub. I hesitated because we really don't need a fireplace in July and I didn't want to spend that much. She took $20 off the price immediately. Sold! The room had been recently redone and it was very nice. There is a view out on the back balcony of the roaring river which was gorgeous. The negatives are that the pillows are tiny little squares, rather than a regular size standard and the bed was very creaky and uncomfortable. The hotel is at the very furthest end of the strip so plan on walking quite a ways to get to the shopping and restaurants (we knew this and didn't mind but I wanted to point that out to others). The parking is difficult because the space there is so limited. We were on the 4th floor but had to search every floor to find a working ice machine and soda machine. Breakfast was a free continental but their waffle machine wasn't working at the time (my personal favorite splurge on my vacations). They did have biscuits/gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage patties and the usual assortment of cereals and pastries. Overall it was a good choice for a hotel in the area, if you don't mind being far from the "action". Sure hope they do something about the lousy beds and pillows though!

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I really liked our stay here. We only had one complaint, when we walked in the room smelled strongly of smoke. But, within a minute of our entrance the front desk called up to make sure our room was okay. My husband told them of our problem and they immediately sent someone up to fix it. We had a room with a 2 person jacuzzi, it was awesome!!! It wasn't really walking distance to "the strip" but still a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for a week. The room itself was nice and clean. The breakfast was good, always hot and fresh. I only have two complaints. The wifi was horrible. Some nights I never could access it. The pool is very small. No one in our family can swim so we had to stay in the shallow end and the four of us took up the entire shallow end because of the small size. It was a nice value priced place to stay once but next year we will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family