“Wonderfull Vacation”

Baymont Inn & Suites Gatlinburg On The River
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for a two day getaway and stayed at Comfort Inn on the River. We checked in on 04/30/13 - 05/02/13 and what a great place we chose nice rooms with balconeys hanging over the river rooms had two queen beds, mircowave, fridgerator, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, and a awsome breakfast. you get Biscuits, gravey, sausage, eggs, bagels, different kinds of bread, waffels, cereals, coffee, orange juice, milk, and for all that we paid $49.00 + tax per night for a room on the third floor. we will go back there again for sure... and they have under the building parking with good light and video cameras.

Room Tip: if you stay on the upper floors you can open the back door to the balconey and listen to the river u...
2  Thank Bowler300_9
Jetta H, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gatlinburg On The River, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Hello. I'm happy to hear that you had such a great time with us. Thank you for staying at Comfort Inn and for posting your review. I hope you will come again very soon and have another great time in the Smoky Mountains. Have a nice day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband & I stayed here two nights while in Gatlinburg and visiting the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. We were happy with our stay- the only drawback (also mentioned by other reviewers) is the traffic noise at night but it wasn't enough to keep us from sleeping. It was nice to sit on the balcony overlooking the river. Breakfast was good and also mentioned before, the lady in charge kept everything filled.

2  Thank MstqMI

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your TripAdvisor review. I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do this for us. I'm happy that you had such a pleasant experience, and I hope you come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I booked a two-night stay here during a trip that took us to Savannah, GA and Gatlinburg, TN. The price per night was very reasonable, and I liked some of the amenities that the hotel offered. In addition, the hotel is conveniently located on the Parkway and it is easy to get to attractions in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.

This is a good hotel as long as your expectations are not set "too" high. Our room was of a decent size, the bed was comfortable, and the room was generally clean although it was dated and a bit worn. In particular, the linens and bedding have seen there better days. At least two of the pillow cases had set-in stains on them (ink spots or grease, perhaps), and one of our bed sheets had a small, rust colored stain that looked like it could have been a spot of blood that was not laundered out properly. One of the sheets was also frayed along the edge. Here again, time to update the linens! All of the rooms have a small balcony that overlooks the river behind the hotel. This is one of the hotel's better features. The view is quite nice, and my wife and I enjoyed sitting out our first night listening to the sounds of the river.

The breakfast offerings at this hotel are quite good. There were waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, breads, pastries, "DONUTS" (usually a rarity), fresh fruit and beverages including juices and coffee. The breakfast room is small and can get a little crowded, but we didn't have any trouble finding a table both days that we were there. The lady servicing the breakfast room did a great job at keeping things up and clean. Hey -- the breakfast was so good I could forget about the stained linens!!!

The front desk staff was also very professional, friendly and courteous. Everyone we interacted with was great and were very helpful, to include providing directions and information about the local area and trolley service, etc. Speaking of the trolley service, a stop is located adjacent to the hotel.

Parking at this hotel can be somewhat "challenging"; spaces are small and turning radius's are tight. However, there seemed to be enough spaces which also included parking underneath the hotel.

My only real complaint about this hotel concerned the "road noise" which emanates from the front of the hotel. All of the rooms face the parkway, and the noise level from the road can be a little "distracting." There is also a gas station directly across the street which tends to get a lot of traffic that adds to the noise factor. I tend to be a light sleeper, so I had two restless nights. My wife, on the other hand, was not bothered by the noise and slept great. I found it to be a challenge; others may not.

Anyway, if you are looking for a "decent," reasonably-priced hotel in the Gatlinburg area that offers good, clean rooms -- then you may wish to look here. We enjoyed our stay, and you may as well. But again, be mindful of the road noise, and don't look too close at the bedding!!!

2  Thank penguinhunter

Hello. Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Inn on the River and thank you for posting your review. Comments and suggestions from our guests are very important to us. We are in the process of updating and improving the hotel, so I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon. Have a nice day!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

You have a nice view of the river from your balcony behind the hotel. It is located right on the Main Street but the noise does quiet down quite a bit between 11pm and 6am. The rooms are a little dated and worn but are clean. Overall it has a nice feel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DNDSZ06

Thank you for staying with us in the Smoky Mountains. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to post a review of your visit. I'm glad you had a great time, and I hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a basic budget motel, on par with other Comfort Inns. The furnishings are dated and a bit worn, but the rooms are clean and otherwise in good repair. All rooms face the highway, so the place is a bit noisy. My room had a king bed with firm mattress, a gas fireplace, a mini fridge, microwave oven and coffee maker. The TV is an older 25-inch tube model, not a modern flat panel one. Each room has a small balcony overlooking the river. Breakfast was OK and included fresh fruit, do-it-yourself waffles, yogurt, Krispy Kreme donuts and dreadful coffee.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

I'd like to thank you for staying with us at Comfort Inn. Thank you for your feedback as well. Responses from our guests are very important to us. They show us what we are doing right, and they also show us what we can do to improve our guests' experiences. We are in the process of making lots of improvements to our hotel, and we will continue to do so. I hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Was there the week-end of 4/12-4/14/2013, very friendly staff. Great help with our check-in. Answered all our questions about the city. Breakfast was surprisingly great! Hot coffee,eggs, bisicuts, gravy, doughnuts, and more. Rooms were clean,too. Will visit again. Thanks for a great place to sleep..

1  Thank Terry and Debby W

Hello. Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Inn. I'm glad you had such a good visit, and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a nice day!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We very recently stayed here through a Timeshare. At first sight I was annoyed as the hotel is right on the highway and I have two young kids, ages 1 and 2 years. Since it was a Timeshare and we couldn't change our hotel I anticipated the worst vacation ever. However, much to my pleasant surprise, the rooms were very well furnished and the amenities were more than you could ask for! Add to that the free hot breakfast every morning from 6.30 to 9.30 and you had yourself an amazing deal. The breakfast place never ran out of items, the lady in-charge did a great job replenishing everything, the breakfast room has only glass windows along one wall over-looking the river leaving you refreshed off to an awesome start!
My initial concern about noise was quite in vain as by the end of each day w would be so drained nothing could keep us up, kids included! The front desk staff very welcoming, accommodating and friendly!It's at a perfect walking distance to the Gatlinburg strip. We were so comfortable we extended our vacation and stayed an extra night.
For all those complaining, you really need to stop expecting 5-star hotel services when you're not paying for one!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ZRZK
Jetta H, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gatlinburg On The River, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Inn. It's always great to hear positive feedback from our guests, so thank you again for taking the time to write your review. We'll keep up the good work, and we hope you keep us in mind the next time you are staying in the area. Have a nice day!