Baymont Inn & Suites Gatlinburg On The River
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and the staff was extremely nice and the room was clean and I LOVED being able to hear the rush of the water in my room. The breakfast was much more than I expected from a complimentary breakfast. I will come back to rest and relax!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa H

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been to Gatlinburg on and off for the past 6 years and have found the perfect place to stay. The hotel is on the River. I can sleep with my balcony door open on cool nights. The view looking down river is spectular and can be seen from every room. The management staff has poured a lot of love in updating the rooms and it shows. I recommend staying here to anybody that wants a quit place on the river with great staff.

Room Tip: The 4th floor has the king beds with fireplaces in the room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacob M
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times. I am earn very high points with the Choice Hotel Reward program and can choose where I want to stay...I choose this hotel. I get so sick of hearing people whine and complain about this place. Believe me, if you complain about this hotel, you cannot be satisfied. The rooms are spacious, the balconies literally hang over the river and that sound alone is worth staying here. We are like anyone else, we want good service, clean rooms, plently of coffee and towels, but the complaints I have read are just not true based on our numerous stays here.
We are coming back late Spring, so get ready for us...Many thanks for making our Smoky Mountain trips so wonderful.

John & Debi Pruitt

Room Tip: The lower the floor, the more you can hear the river. We have a large vehicle, so park in the lower...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Debi P
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. A night clerk named Jack was still working a breakfast shift and he should NOT be working in the hospitality field at all. He in a very loud voice was telling the other clerk how much he worked and how little "other" people worked and he worked his "butt" off around there and not one helped him. He was VERY LOUD and RUDE to the patrons. The other clerk kept trying to silence him but he wasn't listening to anything. He was just totally ignorant. The hotel was a low fair. I understand it is under construction but there is no excuse for broken toilet handles, unclean appearance plus gaping holes at the bottom of the walls where molding or just plain board should have covered up the gaps. The rest of the night/day clerks were very pleasant. Breakfast was nothing outstanding. I would not stay there again.

12  Thank Sue L
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Our group was extremely disgusted with our rooms. There was body hair and some type of brown goo in the shower. The bottom was also stained with the dirt of the previous users. Who knows when it was last cleaned There are dirt smudges all over the walls. We also found wads of hair in our bed and could see through the sheets in spots! To our shock after seeing these rooms, we noticed housekeeping is leaving hand decorated envelopes asking for tips for cleaning these rooms that are not clean! The website dedicated to this hotel is extremely misleading, it is no where even close to as nice as the pictures provided. Don't stay here. There are cheaper rooms on this street that are much nicer.

13  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Warning--this is not a hotel. This is a motel, in the full 1968 meaning. A bunch of rooms with doors opening to the outside. Very noisy from street traffic. Old and worn carpets. Everything about it was just plain old. I chose it because it's the only non-smoking facility in Gatlinburg (or pretty much, the entire state), but with air conditioners sucking their intake from the common outdoor walkway, the smells from the unit are going to be smoke, mildew, etc. Breakfast was sub-subpar. But the view of the river was nice.

12  Thank SCDad
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The best part of this older hotel is its location. It is backed up to the Little Pigeon River. Our balcony literally hung over the river from which we could watch, listen, and enjoy everything about it. It is conveniently located within walking distance of the family-oriented activities in Gatlinburg. Though our handicap room was small, it boasted a shower into which you could roll a wheelchair. The six grab bars in the bathroom made it safe and easy to get around. There is some covered parking and elevator access to the second floor. The friendly desk clerk proactively gave us tips on places to eat and visit. The breakfast was sparse and was not restocked. The orange juice and apple juice were so watered down that you could hardly tell the difference. It appeared they were doing some renovations. Hopefully, they will do the miscellaneous repairs such as the toilet paper holder that was about to fall off the wall. While I could forgive the torn bedskirt and other indications that this was an older property, I could not forgive the terrible Internet. It was up and down, though mostly down. It was impossible to check e-mail. If Internet is important, skip this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family