“Nice time, attentive staff”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 201 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped here with the kids and had a nice time. The menu had choices that worked for everyone. You can purchase packages that include appetizer, entrée and dessert. We opted for just the entrée ($$$) choice. Everyone enjoyed their choice and the kids certainly enjoyed the novelty of the fondue pots. We had a very nice waiter that helped us understand the menu and the process of ordering. We'll return here.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I knew coming into this that it would be expensive, that didn't bother me much because I knew we had the money to splurge....on that note, here are my list of what made it good and what made it bad......

The GOOD: The wait to get a table (only 5 mins- plus we had reservations, but we were able to come in early), the Main course meats (and sauces to choose from), my mixed drink, the anniversary card that was signed by the staff, the dessert, the complimentary strawberries for signing up for club fondue and the 3 extra complimentary strawberries because I wasn't able to use my coupon there.

The BAD: the 10 minute wait between salad and main course, the small portions (of everything), the cheese fondue (had wine in it--- ughhhh), our waiter kept saying "are we still PERFECT?" everytime he came to check on us and last but not least, OUR BOOTH--- I could hardly reach the fondue pot!!! And there is nothing I can do about being short!!!

I honestly wasn't that impressed but it was an "OK" experience and I do understand you are paying mostly for "the experience"- but if I were to grade it, it would be a C

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I Took My wife to the Melting Pot for our 13th wedding anniversary. She was so excited about eating there. When we get there it had a really nice atmosphere, we had our own private booth and an anniversary card. After a few minutes the server came to the table and explained every thing and we placed our order. The portions were very small and it took a long time to cook the food, anywhere from 1 min to 4 min per piece of meat. The one bright spot was the desert. it was great! After we paid the 120 dollar bill we agreed that we would not come back , unless we decided to get desert.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our family lives about an hour away from Gatlinburg. We visit frequently. We were pleasantly surprised to find a "new favorite" restaurant: The Melting Pot. We have enjoyed other locations of the unique restaurant in the past, but this experience was exceptional! There is a new menu and a new concept: Happy Hour. This allows much flexibility in ordering options. The service was stellar. The food was excellent. On top of it all, they reimburse for parking--in a covered garage next store to the restaurant. If you are looking for a dining treat in Gatlinburg, you cannot go wrong here!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was delicious but the food was extremely price and the portions were small compared to what you were paying for dinner. This restaurant is more like an "experience" as it took us almost 3 hours to complete all of our food

1  Thank Barbie C