“A fun time”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 201 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This wa our first experience with The Melting Pot restaurant. The food was good and we ended up splitting a four course dinner. If you are pretty hungry, you couldn't get away with that. If you park in the $8 parking garage right beside the restaurant, the restaurant will comp that amount from your bill. We thought that was very nice. The server was pretty low key and we had to pull info from him but towards the end, he seemed to warm towards us. This place could get expensive really quick. But we enjoyed our first experience with fondu.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I went here to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. The waitress was very nice. We ordered an appitizer, 2 drinks and a dessert fondue. The bill was over $70.00 The food was alright but not great. I am glad that we did not order an entree.

2  Thank Isabel H
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our first time to a melting pot restaurant. The experience was a really good one the prices are a bit high but for special occasions its worth it. I took my wife for our anniversary and they made it really special for us both by having a card signed by the whole staff saying happy anniversary. Our waitress was very helpful with everything in explaining how everything worked. All and all very pleased with it no regrets

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our second visit to The Melting Pot in Gatlinburg and our experience was not nearly as good as our first. We could barely understand our waitress and her service was limited to taking our order, bringing our food and bringing our check. We only had a dessert fondue but for the price it was a bit skimpy and the dippers were even skimpier. These are very inexpensive dippers, why not throw on an extra marshmallow or two or another coupe of slices of banana. My husband ordered coffee at the time we placed our order so when she brought our food he thought she'd bring it right back. She didn't and since she never checked back, he didn't get coffee. The food was good, a bit pricey, and service non-existent.

2  Thank puff99
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've never been to a Melting Pot, so I was excited to go. The ambience was very nice. The place is quite a treat. Our server was great. She explained everything to us, after asking if we had ever been. She made suggestions when our entrée was served and was bang on with one of them. Your taste buds will be buzzing! We had the cheddar cheese fondue to start. A little strong, but definitely something different and I did enjoy. I had the shrimp, sirloin and mushroom sacchetti. My favorite was probably the shrimp, but the sirloin was good - we just ended up with teriyaki seasoning on it, although we ordered the plain sirloin (not a huge deal for me, I like teriyaki seasoning). Ours was prepared in the seasoned court bouillon. However, the vegetables (mushrooms in particular) stuffed with the Green Goddess and dipped in the Gorgonzola Port was amazing!!!

Overall, I enjoyed the Melting Pot very much. I was quite good, just be prepared to sit and enjoy and also pay for the experience. It was a special night out, so we knew it would be pricey.