“awesome place to celebrate an anniversary”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 201 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Upon reservation the waitress asked if it was a special occasion, my fiance said yes, our anniversary. When we arrived we were taken to a back area and given a private booth that was covered with rose petals. Our waiter was very friendly and catered to our every need. He made us feel like we were the only ones in the place. I also like how they have changed the menu, it seems to be more user friendly now. It was an awesome night. We had such a great relaxing time, that we retreated to our hotel and fell asleep immediately!!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Was seated and sat there waiting to be notice. Noticed staff members standing around talking with eachother without neither of them looking over at our table. Finally a waitress walked by and stated she would be right with us. That was fine, but she stopped at two other tables whom were already served before returning to our table.
She asked for our drink orders and we stated we are also ready to order but had a question. I feel if a customer is talking to you, you should at least look at them in not into limbo. When we finally got an answer from her, it took another 15 minutes for our drinks which was wrong.

The cheese, salad and food was alright but way too over price after eating it.

Thanks, but No Thanks !!!!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

After being seated, we waited at least 15 minutes before finally getting someone's attention. After ordering, we again waited about 10 before they even brought our coffee. I was looking forward to this experience but left frustrated at the quality of staff. That being said, the dessert fondues were excellent.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I love The Melting Pot (more to the point I do and he goes with me). We have visited 16 different Melting Pot Restaurants, so I feel that we can give a knowledgable review. When we were seated we were in the bar area with a beautiful view but there was a child in the booth right behind me and so my husband asked me if I wanted to move so that we could have a quieter dinner - upon asking the hostess, she was very amiable and got us moved very quickly to a private, quieter area. Dinner was awesome, but we felt that we had the poorest service of any Melting Pot we have ever dined at. Our server was nice and was never rude, but we felt the server wasn't on their best 'game'. When you go to dine at a restaurant like this, you expect to be served like you would at a 5 star hotel/resort... Instead we thought the service was comparable to staying at a 2-3 star... I have had just as good of service at a Logan's and so I expect more from all of The Melting Pot Restaurants. Also when we were leaving, a bunch of servers were gathered and one came through with a hot pot and almost ran into my husband - scary to say the least. A little tweaking from management on their wait staff would go a long way to ensure the success of this restaurant. I again want to state that the staff wasn't rude or anything, just not up to the standard that we have seen in all the other Melting Pot Restaurants we have dined at over the past 20 years.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Only stopped in for drinks on a busy Saturday night. Bar was empty so we sat right down & ordered quickly. The manager was keeping the bar & did a great job on couple cocktails. Had a manhattan and a amaretto sour. Both made right & tasted great. Enjoyed it & will be back.