“Love all The Melting Pots but this one was just so so...”
Review of Melting Pot

Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about.
Tennessee
“Love all The Melting Pots but this one was just so so...”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I love The Melting Pot (more to the point I do and he goes with me). We have visited 16 different Melting Pot Restaurants, so I feel that we can give a knowledgable review. When we were seated we were in the bar area with a beautiful view but there was a child in the booth right behind me and so my husband asked me if I wanted to move so that we could have a quieter dinner - upon asking the hostess, she was very amiable and got us moved very quickly to a private, quieter area. Dinner was awesome, but we felt that we had the poorest service of any Melting Pot we have ever dined at. Our server was nice and was never rude, but we felt the server wasn't on their best 'game'. When you go to dine at a restaurant like this, you expect to be served like you would at a 5 star hotel/resort... Instead we thought the service was comparable to staying at a 2-3 star... I have had just as good of service at a Logan's and so I expect more from all of The Melting Pot Restaurants. Also when we were leaving, a bunch of servers were gathered and one came through with a hot pot and almost ran into my husband - scary to say the least. A little tweaking from management on their wait staff would go a long way to ensure the success of this restaurant. I again want to state that the staff wasn't rude or anything, just not up to the standard that we have seen in all the other Melting Pot Restaurants we have dined at over the past 20 years.

• Visited February 2013

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Great drinks”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Only stopped in for drinks on a busy Saturday night. Bar was empty so we sat right down & ordered quickly. The manager was keeping the bar & did a great job on couple cocktails. Had a manhattan and a amaretto sour. Both made right & tasted great. Enjoyed it & will be back.

“Expensive but great”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We had never done this before and wanted to try something new. Meal took 3hrs in total but it was lots of fun and food was delicious. The chocolate was the best. Total bill was $180 for a family of 5 which feels pricey but very fun and we'd do it again.

“Wonderful service”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

First time here. Service was excellent. Alex our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and everything they had to offer.

London, Kentucky
“Great for a special occasion”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We got the 4 course meal. The first course offered your choice of cheese sauce and several items to dip in in. The tables have one or two burners in the center according to size and the cheese is melted at the table. Next they bring a salad of your choice and I got a ceasar which was probably the worst that I have ever had. Next you choose a cooking style which is the flavor of the liquid that the you cook in (the one that can be had for no extra charge is the best in my opinion). You then choose your entree and they bring out the raw meat and or sea food which you put on a long fork and cook in the pots. You do the same with the raw vegetables that they bring. The last course is dessert and you choose between several chocolate sauces and they melt the chocolate at the table and bring several items to dip. This was the best part. This would not be a place to go for a normal night out, I would reserve it for a special occasions as it is expensive and takes a long time. There were 4 of us and our check was $175.00 with no wine etc. If going back, I would skip the first two courses.

• Visited February 2013