“Good ribs for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hungry Bear BBQ # 1
Ranked #31 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ohio
“Good ribs for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We went to their 321 location it was much smaller. It wasn`t the atmosphere we expected. There is no waitress you just place your order then pick it up in the window and seat your self. The food comes out really fast so I was worried it wasn`t going to be any good but to my surprise the ribs were tender and had a good amount of meat on them. They have three sauces on the tables you can pour on your ribs yourself. I don`t like this type of ribs as well I like my flavor and sauce baked into the meat till its carmalized and warm and gooey on the meat however the ribs were overall really good for a restaurant and a reasonable price. We haven`t had very good luck with ribs at restaurants before they are usually tough or they are dry or flavorless but these were good quality. We got the mac n cheese and bak beans which are very small sides only a pixie cup full. I thought the mac n cheese was low quality but my husband really like it and we both liked the beans a lot. It comes with rolls but they are just brown and serve rolls which I hate. We shared a half rack and I got water to drink so our bill was under or around $20. The atmosphere is cheap but clean.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bullcrap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

sounds to me like who ever wrote the review with the name Hungrybearbbq1 is an employee of Hungry bear bbq, hence the name itself trying to bring the ratings up since they have fallen from #2 to #5 in the list, I wouldn't eat there any more, the service has went downhill along with the food since we were there in July, it is a waste of time and money. If any body reads this just take this as a warning that it is no longer good, I haveactually even heard a lot of the "so called locals" say they quality of the service and food has went down the tubes drasticallysince it seems as though "new management" hs taken over, personally they seemed to have made a mistake, the locas say they will not go back so my thought is of the locals don't want to eat there why should anyone else?

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank berthaohio
melaniefoo
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

When our little hole-in-the-wall BBQ place we loved suddenly closed, we were so happy we found Hungry Bear BBQ. The ribs were fall off the bone tender and the pulled pork was great. You have your choice of sauces and they are all good. We tried the mac & cheese, green beans & baked beans. All were delicious.

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“NEVER GO HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place was terrible!!!!! An establishment that accepts a catering order and then cancels the day before a wedding is awful! Terrible customer service, and absolutely not a care in the world for the people that they screw over. We had booked them in advance by 2 and a half months and left the deposit and final payment. There was not a single word until the night before the wedding at 5:30 pm "regretfully" stating they could not fulfill the order because they decided two weeks prior to stop the catering side of their business. Of course, it didn't come to mind to fulfill orders that they had already signed up for!!!! At the end of all of this, all they could reply with was " I hope this won't change your mind about being customers in the future." Absolutely disgusting service.

Not worth your time.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank casey g
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best ribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ordered the pork special that came with ribs,pulled pork sausage,and 2 buns with side orders of pork and beans, potato salad and cold slaw.The ribs were as good as it can get,the pork and beans actually had pork included in the beans, everything was great, including the service and the prices are reasonable.
We arrived at two pm and the food tasted freshly prepared.Our portions were so large we could only eat about half,we kept the rest and had enough for dinner.We will return next time we are in the area.

• Visited October 2012