“Good food, good service!”
Review of The Cabin Cafe - CLOSED

The Cabin Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Good food, good service!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We knew before we took our journey to the arts and craft community that we had to have lunch at the cabin cafe. We were not disappointed. We chose to sit outside, it was so peaceful and beautiful. Both of us had their homemade lemonade, it was the best lemonade I've ever had, perfect balance of tart and sweet. I had the pork cubana sandwich with a side of homemade cold slaw, the pulled pork was so tender and flavorful! My husband loved his sandwich as well, it was like a cheesesteak sandwich. He ate it before I could even ask for a bite so I know he enjoyed it.

Fort Lauderdale
“What a gem!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Quaint little place with indoor/outdoor dining. My husband and I are vegans, and they were very accommodating. Our server indicated they are in the process of adding vegetarian and gluten free menu items. Fabulous service, great food. Books, games, and local newspapers surround indoor tables.

Clayton, North Carolina
“Excellent food with an invitingly bohemian atmosphere”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We happened upon this wonderful cafe through restaurant.com, and after reading the reviews at Trip Advisor decided to check it out while on vacation. Visiting the Gatlinburg area in Tennessee can often be overwhelming with all the commercialized stimulus from the attractions on the main strip, so the beautiful drive outside of town through their arts and crafts community brought us into what must have been the MAIN attraction of why so many people came to this area years ago before Gatlinburg became what it is today.

Upon arriving at the cafe we were greeted with the mellow sounds of an acoustic guitarist playing renditions of songs from the 60s and 70s, and the voice of the artist was as well tuned as her guitar. The waitress was genuinely friendly in a way that was undoubtedly part of her personality, and not because she was pining for a big tip. The aromas emanating from their open kitchen held the promise of what would be a delicious lunch, and when my barbeque sandwich and my wife's "Hippie Dippie" sandwich arrived, we had the pleasure of tasting a couple of the best sandwiches we had ever had. Even the cole slaw was unbelievable. We will not only be making this cozy location a regular destination whenever we visit this area, but we'll also be recommending everybody we know to go see for themselves what is possible when you blend incredible food with genuine people and an atmosphere that is completely relaxing.

Tawas City, Michigan
“Relaxing Casual Dining”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Cabin Cafe, located in the peaceful sanity of the Gatlinburg Arts and Crafts Community, is a nice alternative to the biff-bam tourist restaurants along the Gaudy Gatlinburg Parkway. We always enjoy a quiet lunch and friendly personal service at the cafe during every Gatlinburg visit.

• Visited April 2013
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Lunch on a rainy Saturday on the Arts & Crafts Loop”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

After reading Tripadvisor comments about The Cabin Cafe in Gatlinburg's Arts & Crafts Community, we were eager to try the Reuben sandwiches. The corned beef was prepared in house, but it was chopped rather than sliced. My sandwich was leaking badly because the marbled rye bread was heated in the microwave rather than toasted. Our soup, on the other hand, was hot, homemade and delicious. I enjoyed the Sweet Pea and Ham soup while husband had a tasty chicken noodle soup. We ordered Hazelnut lattes which left a lot to be desired. I was disappointed; maybe it was an off day.

Visited May 2013